What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread! Current thread batting average: .420 (1 Viewer)

At the ESPN world of sports complex in Orlando where the Braves play and I think I just saw Viscaino walk by. He stared at me like, "Don't you know who I am, #####?"  :lol:

gianmarco said:
At what point does it make better sense for the Angels to give the franchise to Trout and sign themselves for $430 million?
He could just be the next Lou Boudreau

Does anyone think the angels win the championship over the next 12 years?

They can't even make the playoffs.  Was hoping trout would go somewhere else so we could see him in the postseason

They can't even make the playoffs.  Was hoping trout would go somewhere else so we could see him in the postseason
It may have already been stated here but the Pujols contract has really been the major albatross holding the Angels back in recent history.  That's off the books in a couple years and I believe the Angels also have some pretty good potential prospects coming up.  They also have an owner with a big wallet (maybe as big as the Phillies owner) and willing to spend the money.  They're in a huge market.  This team will be competitive in a few years.  They've probably made that clear to Trout and apparently he's sold.     :shrug:  

It may have already been stated here but the Pujols contract has really been the major albatross holding the Angels back in recent history.  That's off the books in a couple years and I believe the Angels also have some pretty good potential prospects coming up.  They also have an owner with a big wallet (maybe as big as the Phillies owner) and willing to spend the money.  They're in a huge market.  This team will be competitive in a few years.  They've probably made that clear to Trout and apparently he's sold.     :shrug:  
Yeah, half a BILLION, had nothing to do with it 

White Sox signing Eloy to a long term deal should allow them to have him up north whenever they want. They already optioned him to Charlotte but they could easily reverse that action. 

White Sox signing Eloy to a long term deal should allow them to have him up north whenever they want. They already optioned him to Charlotte but they could easily reverse that action. 
Doing this after he was already sent down is very odd.  Service time manipulation out in the open like never before.  Others had more cover.

Didn't the same thing happen with Kingery last year?
They hadn't already sent him down when they signed him. He was still at spring training. 

I do wonder what will happen if/when they call Eloy back up this week. Pretty blatant at that point. 

They were in 3 playoff games and lost all 3 with Trout in his career.

Doing this after he was already sent down is very odd.  Service time manipulation out in the open like never before.  Others had more cover.
Senzel's agent is squawking about him being sent down. White Sox really have no choice but to keep Eloy down or they will be slaughtered. Why send Eloy down when you're negotiating a contract? Seems like someone botched this one.

Scooter Gennett just had to be helped off the field. Senzel played 28 error-free games at 2B last year. The Reds’ commitment to service time manipulation could be tested here.

Nick Senzel’s status won’t be impacted by the Gennett news, Reds president of baseball operations **** Williams told reporters (including C. Trent Rosecrans of The Athletic).  The top prospect has played second base in the past, though Senzel is still ticketed to begin the season at Triple-A and will be playing as a center fielder, in order to eventually help the Reds at that position.

Nick Senzel’s status won’t be impacted by the Gennett news, Reds president of baseball operations **** Williams told reporters (including C. Trent Rosecrans of The Athletic).  The top prospect has played second base in the past, though Senzel is still ticketed to begin the season at Triple-A and will be playing as a center fielder, in order to eventually help the Reds at that position.
seems dumb. Iglesias will be an offensive anchor

Users who are viewing this thread