What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread! Current thread batting average: .420 (1 Viewer)

Not sure if anyone is aware of this, but Mike Trout is pretty good. 

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/instagraphs/a-very-mike-trout-home-run/

I was at this game.  This HR was a ####### bullet, one of his hardest hit balls of the year on a 77 mph changeup.  Guy went 3-6 with a HR, double, 2 RBIs and a run, plus a sweet first-to-third on a single to right.  Guy is just an amazing specimen to see in person.  This is honestly the kind of thing that some day I will tell my grandkids about (as they push me down while in a VR Simulation).

And say what you will about the Pujols contract, but the guy is going well over 100 RBI this year and only has 60-something Ks.  He and Trout went back-to-back and Pujols also crushed a double to dead center.  He's still got life, and unfortunately the rest of that team is pretty much crap.
They have a couple of other good dudes, but yeah, that team's depth chart is swiss cheese.

Gallo has hit 0.130 over the last week to bring his AAA average down to 0.243. Gotta fix some holes in his swing.
Beltran has slashed .221/.256/.337 in his 23 games with the Rangers.  He's also been a negative on the basepaths and in the field when he's not DH'ing.  I don't know how Gallo has done over that same time frame, but my point is you can't judge a decision based on ~15-25 games of results.  After 15 games with Texas, Beltran was hitting .315, now a week and a half later he's hitting 100 points lower.  Bad slumps or hot streaks can skew numbers pretty quickly.

Beltran has slashed .221/.256/.337 in his 23 games with the Rangers.  He's also been a negative on the basepaths and in the field when he's not DH'ing.  I don't know how Gallo has done over that same time frame, but my point is you can't judge a decision based on ~15-25 games of results.  After 15 games with Texas, Beltran was hitting .315, now a week and a half later he's hitting 100 points lower.  Bad slumps or hot streaks can skew numbers pretty quickly.
I don't disagree with any of this. He had a horrible 0-for streak. But I also stick by the fact that, contrary to many of the people on here, I don't think it was Gallo's spot that Beltran took. Gallo just isn't ready. Hopefully Beltran is turning it around with his 2 for 4 night last night, and his 2 for 3 night with a homer and double so far tonight.

I don't disagree with any of this. He had a horrible 0-for streak. But I also stick by the fact that, contrary to many of the people on here, I don't think it was Gallo's spot that Beltran took. Gallo just isn't ready. Hopefully Beltran is turning it around with his 2 for 4 night last night, and his 2 for 3 night with a homer and double so far tonight.
I hope you're rooting for Gallo, even if you think this is a good move by the Rangers.  I don't but understand why they did it. 

I hope you're rooting for Gallo, even if you think this is a good move by the Rangers.  I don't but understand why they did it. 
I'm a huge Gallo fan, have been ever since the team drafted him. Loved the Brinson/Gallo first round selections. Don't get me wrong, I wish he was crushing it in Arlington and pushed Moreland to the bench. He just isn't there, and I trust what the management team is doing right now with the moves they are making.

that is fair.  I think I agree with the latter part.  Gallo was up a couple times this year and they were always hesitant to play him, especially against lefties (which is very understandable).  I don't feel like looking up Belt's splits but it might be worth trying a platoon after the AAA season is finished and the rosters expand.  

I don't care how stupid those padded caps look.  When I watch something like that line drive smash off Shoemaker's head, I wonder why all pitchers don't wear them.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:

SD announcers on Sandy Leon bunting for a base hit against the shift

"Hmm, the way he is hitting the ball, he could get a double, or a homerun. Now he is setting the team up for a double play."

His block on the wild pitch with a runner at 3rd in a 7-6 game was huge.  Kid looks awesome both at the plate, and behind it.  He's good. 
His blocked swings are pretty solid too. He was mostly a 260/320/450 guy in the minors. He'll be an average hitter, likely good for a catcher but the hype is dumb.

I'll come bump this next year when he's hitting under .250 in July with fewer home runs than he has in his one month this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
he's been worth 2.3 WAR in 30 games at the MLB level this year and sported a ~.370 wOBA over 100+ games at AAA.  he seems alright for now.

You mean he isn't going to be a lifetime 348/423/713 hitter?

And when is this ####### bum going to start stealing bases!

That's it, I'm dropping Sanchez for Hermann.

Northern Voice said:
His blocked swings are pretty solid too. He was mostly a 260/320/450 guy in the minors. He'll be an average hitter, likely good for a catcher but the hype is dumb.

I'll come bump this next year when he's hitting under .250 in July with fewer home runs than he has in his one month this year.
Interestingly enough I was gonna bump some of your Matt Boyd is awful posts from last year, but since I didn't want to jinx it I didn't.  :mellow:

Users who are viewing this thread