What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 Snap Count Discussion (1 Viewer)

FF Ninja

Footballguy
I didn't see one posted yet, so I figured I'd start a thread. I'll lead off with the snap counts I was watching on each team or things that I noticed when looking at snap counts:

ARI WR - Fitz (96%), Kirk (93%), Byrd (88%), KeeSean (76%)
I had read Crabtree was going to be a starter, so kind of surprised by Byrd placing 3rd. KeeSean outsnapping Isabella (8%) fit with preseason news. Anybody got an opinion on Byrd?

ATL RB - Freeman (50%), Ito (50%)
Really did not expect an even split, as I see quite a talent discrepancy between the two. 

BAL WR - Roberts (68%), Snead (65%), Moore (42%), Boykin (23%), Brown (18%)
Can't read too much into a blowout (Griffin played 30% of QB snaps), but I wouldn't be rushing to pick up Brown if he's on waivers in redraft.

BUF RB - Singletary (70%), Gore (28%), Yeldon (3%)
Not excited about this running game, but figured it was noteworthy.
BUF WR - Brown (86%), Beasley (70%), Jones (42%), Foster (22%)
Mostly what I expected, but I'm sure Jones and Foster owners were hoping for more playing time.

CAR TE - Olsen (94%), Martinez (27%), Thomas (6%)
I'm probably the only one curious, but I wanted to see how this would be split. Thomas looked surprisingly good last year, so I thought they might give him more play. Nope.

CHI RB - Davis (56%), Montgomery (38%)
Pretty much expected veteran/rookie treatment. I'm sure Montgomery's role will increase, although Davis' role in the 2-minute drill might remain. The real surprise was that Cohen lined up as a WR for 44 of his 46 snaps. Consequently, Anthony Miller only played 22% of the snaps. Patterson (27%), who lined up at RB at least once, and Wims (29%) also outsnapped Miller.

CIN TE - Uzomah (70%), Eifert (49%)
Hard to read into a 51 attempt game, but Eifert got 6 targets to Uzomah's 5.

CLE WR - OBJ (100%), Landry (100%), Ratley (48%), Higgins (44%)
Was surprised to see Higgins so low and Ratley so (relatively) high.

DAL WR - Gallup (78%), Cooper (76%), Cobb (71%)
Mostly as expected. Also of note Witten (66%) outsnapped Jarwin (40%) and Zeke played 54% upon his return.

DET WR - Golladay (98%), Jones (81%), Amendola (53%)
Golladay has officially taken over as the WR1. Also Kerryon played 57% compared to CJA's 30%, which I think was pretty well expected.

GB RB - Jones (59%), Williams (41%)
Williams seemed to be in on the 2-minute drill.

IND WR - Hilton (89%), Funchess (57%), Rogers (40%), Pascal (27%), Campbell (19%), Cain (17%)
With the Funchess clavicle injury, it'll be interesting to see who takes the WR2 job.
IND TE - Doyle (68%), Ebron (40%)
Following the trend from last year, but not the drafting of this year, Doyle outsnapped Ebron.

JAX WR - Westbrook (83%), Conley (76%), Chark (71%), Cole (21%), Lee (21%)
Conley and Chark leap frogged Cole.

KC RB - Williams (65%), McCoy (30%), Thompson (3%)
Not sure how long this will maintain. McCoy looked much better.

LAC RB - Ekeler (75%), Jackson (25%)
Melvin who? Much less of a 50/50 split than anticipated. Both played well. This team did not miss Gordon at all.

LAR RB - Gurley (70%), Brown (27%), Henderson (3%)
Gurley's days of 90% of the snaps appear over, but 70% is about the norm for a lead back these days. Where's that Henderson hype?

MIA - I suppose someone cares about these splits, but it ain't me.

MIN - nothing notable in this blowout. Diggs' 60% probably due to the game script and minor injury.

NE RB - Burkhead (47%), White (46%), Michel (33%)
I assume this would be a sad time to be a Michel owner. 33% of the snaps and <1.0 ypc in a blowout victory. Oof.
NE WR - Edelman (96%), Dorsett (87%), Gordon (67%), Meyers (11%)
Who else is surprised Dorsett is still a thing? Not sure he will be next week, though.

NYG WR - Shepard (99%), Latimer (88%), Fowler (72%), R Shepard (13%)
I'm guessing we'll see Daniel Jones sooner than later.

NYJ - Bell played 100% of snaps.

PHI RB - Sanders (48%), Sproles (31%), Howard (23%), Clement (4%)
RBBC expected, so Sanders fans have to be happy with the split.
PHI WR - Jeffrey (80%), Agholor (80%), Jackson (69%), Hollins (13%), JJAW (7%)
DeSean making a case for more time. Dude turns 33 soon.
PHI TE - Ertz (83%), Goedert (55%)
As expected, but had to check.

PIT WR - Juju (90%), Moncrief (90%), Switzer (67%), Washington (52%), Johnson (36%)
Moncrief led the team with 10 targets... if he gets dropped, I'm picking him up. So much opportunity if he didn't lose his job with those 3 drops.
PIT RB - Conner (46%), Samuels (33%)
Not sure how much to read into this in a blowout.

SEA WR - Lockett (91%), J Brown (77%), Metcalf (77%)
Given the target disparity I was really curious about this one.
SEA RB - Carson (77%), Penny (26%)
Carson still owning this job.

SF WR - Deebo (88%), Goodwin (74%), Bourne (25%), Pettis (3%)
Pettis WTF? Announced as the starter earlier in the week, he only played 2 snaps.
SF RB - Breida (44%), Mostert (29%), Coleman (26%)
Did injuries impact this?

TB RB - Barber (36%), Jones (31%)
This is the first time Jones has looked decent. Fluke?
TB WR - Godwin (91%), Evans (86%), Perriman (64%)
The hype was almost true about Godwin not coming off the field.

TEN WR - Davis (74%), Sharpe (49%), Brown (43%), Humphries (36%)
Time to start sending out those Davis trade offers.
TEN RB - Henry (57%), Dion (43%)
Surprisingly close for a game they led most of the time (I still kind of expected RBBC here, but in this case I'd have expected a LOT more Henry)
TEN TE - Jonnu (61%), Walker (48%)
Not that interesting, but given the target split, this wasn't the snap split I was expecting.

WAS WR - Quinn (97%), McLaurin (93%), Richardson (78%), Harmon (22%)
I don't think they want Keenum throwing it 44 times per game, but McLaurin looked legit.

Maybe I'm the only one into this, but it helps me to type it out. From MNF:

HOU RB - Duke (63%), Hyde (37%)
Not sure what to read into this with Hyde being relatively new to the team, but he did get 10 carries to Duke's 9.

NO WR - MT (89%), Ginn (74%), Smith (64%)
Surprised to see Ginn still at WR2 here. For a guy with brick hands, he's certainly stuck around the NFL longer than I expected.

DEN RB - Lindsay (53%), Freeman (47%)
Full fledged RBBC as advertised. Freeman off to the early lead in production, though, thanks to a 26 yard run.

OAK-WR - Tyrell (95%), Grant (71%), Renfrow (28%)
So it was Grant, not Renfrow, that got the promotion from AB's departure. Not that it matters.

FF Ninja said:

Who else is surprised Dorsett is still a thing? Not sure he will be next week, though.
I just picked Dorsett up in a league, and am thinking of picking him up in others. Gordon looks like he's running a hybrid 12 personnel role here, according to my observations and a NESN film review article. I'd expect Brown and Edelman to have the bulk of snaps, with Dorsett and Gordon fighting for the rest.

Dorsett II looked good out there, and did last year. His only question is one of opportunity now. 

eta* And then I dropped Dorsett. Thought about it. Oh well...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked Dorsett up in a league, and am thinking of picking him up in others. Gordon looks like he's running a hybrid 12 personnel role here, according to my observations and a NESN film review article. I'd expect Brown and Edelman to have the bulk of snaps, with Dorsett and Gordon fighting for the rest.

Dorsett II looked good out there, and did last year. His only question is one of opportunity now. 
That's too big of a question for me. AB and Edelman will hog snaps and targets while Gordon is simply a better talent than Dorsett, although I don't think Brady has the arm to maximize either of their full potential as deep threats. 

That's too big of a question for me. AB and Edelman will hog snaps and targets while Gordon is simply a better talent than Dorsett, although I don't think Brady has the arm to maximize either of their full potential as deep threats. 
That was too big of a question for me as well. It'd be nice to be ahead of the curve on a NEP receiver, but their WR3s are constricted by White and Burkhead and quick hitters. The deep threat is the cushion the guys underneath use to work with. It's death by a thousand pin pricks with those guys, though they did throw the ball deep last game a few times.

From what I can see, Gordon's not quite the deep, deep fly threat he might have been. He's a deep ball threat, but not flys, corners, and posts, if that makes sense.

I know it’s been labeled a RBBC but this may be the last chance to get Sanders under that umbrella. His snap count aside, they trusted him a lot in pass protection and he held up very well. 

I know it’s been labeled a RBBC but this may be the last chance to get Sanders under that umbrella. His snap count aside, they trusted him a lot in pass protection and he held up very well. 
Was dropped today in a short bench (4 spots) league PPR QRWTFFKD.  Thinking about dropping Corey Davis for him but not sure yet.  RB's (Chubb, Mixon, Cook)  WR's - Hopkins, Hilton, Ridley, Gallup, Davis.

Both Davis and Sanders are close in the top 200 forward 160 points.  Won't Sproles continue to be the 3rd down back?  I would need Howard or Sproles to go away for me to really like the split....?

Two WR bye week fillers for larger leagues are Cobb (71%) and Beasley (70%).  Beasley got 9 targets and should keep it up.

Corey Davis getting a large snap count isn't surprising. Nor is Mariota's reluctance to target him. I told myself I wouldn't draft him this year and I did it again. I'm about to drop him for Hockenson to use as trade bait for a better WR. 

I just don't see myself ever starting Davis regardless of injuries or bye weeks. Completely unreliable fantasy asset. 

ATL RB - Freeman (50%), Ito (50%)
Really did not expect an even split, as I see quite a talent discrepancy between the two. 

I think game script played a role here. They were getting banged and I assume Ito is the passing down back.

BAL WR - Roberts (68%), Snead (65%), Moore (42%), Boykin (23%), Brown (18%)
Can't read too much into a blowout (Griffin played 30% of QB snaps), but I wouldn't be rushing to pick up Brown if he's on waivers in redraft.

Lots of Hollywood discussion in a few places. He didn’t play the second half and was always going to be somewhat eased back in. Played 12/34 first half snaps. A few of those were goal line formation and one kneel down. When he’s out there, he’s not there to block.

BUF RB - Singletary (70%), Gore (28%), Yeldon (3%)
Not excited about this running game, but figured it was noteworthy.
BUF WR - Brown (86%), Beasley (70%), Jones (42%), Foster (22%)
Mostly what I expected, but I'm sure Jones and Foster owners were hoping for more playing time.

CAR TE - Olsen (94%), Martinez (27%), Thomas (6%)
I'm probably the only one curious, but I wanted to see how this would be split. Thomas looked surprisingly good last year, so I thought they might give him more play. Nope.

CHI RB - Davis (56%), Montgomery (38%)
Pretty much expected veteran/rookie treatment. I'm sure Montgomery's role will increase, although Davis' role in the 2-minute drill might remain. The real surprise was that Cohen lined up as a WR for 44 of his 46 snaps. Consequently, Anthony Miller only played 22% of the snaps. Patterson (27%), who lined up at RB at least once, and Wims (29%) also outsnapped Miller.

Personally feel Miller was restricted some due to missing most of camp/preseason with an ankle injury.

CIN TE - Uzomah (70%), Eifert (49%)
Hard to read into a 51 attempt game, but Eifert got 6 targets to Uzomah's 5.

CLE WR - OBJ (100%), Landry (100%), Ratley (48%), Higgins (44%)
Was surprised to see Higgins so low and Ratley so (relatively) high.

Higgins got hurt I think??

DAL WR - Gallup (78%), Cooper (76%), Cobb (71%)
Mostly as expected. Also of note Witten (66%) outsnapped Jarwin (40%) and Zeke played 54% upon his return.

DET WR - Golladay (98%), Jones (81%), Amendola (53%)
Golladay has officially taken over as the WR1. Also Kerryon played 57% compared to CJA's 30%, which I think was pretty well expected.

GB RB - Jones (59%), Williams (41%)
Williams seemed to be in on the 2-minute drill.

IND WR - Hilton (89%), Funchess (57%), Rogers (40%), Pascal (27%), Campbell (19%), Cain (17%)
With the Funchess clavicle injury, it'll be interesting to see who takes the WR2 job.
IND TE - Doyle (68%), Ebron (40%)
Following the trend from last year, but not the drafting of this year, Doyle outsnapped Ebron.

JAX WR - Westbrook (83%), Conley (76%), Chark (71%), Cole (21%), Lee (21%)
Conley and Chark leap frogged Cole.

KC RB - Williams (65%), McCoy (30%), Thompson (3%)
Not sure how long this will maintain. McCoy looked much better.

LAC RB - Ekeler (75%), Jackson (25%)
Melvin who? Much less of a 50/50 split than anticipated. Both played well. This team did not miss Gordon at all.

Eh went to OT as handy favorites. Sometimes production doesn’t equal value.

LAR RB - Gurley (70%), Brown (27%), Henderson (3%)
Gurley's days of 90% of the snaps appear over, but 70% is about the norm for a lead back these days. Where's that Henderson hype?

Very disappointing re Henderson

MIA - I suppose someone cares about these splits, but it ain't me.

I care! I think Drake can have ppr value. Thought I saw 27 snaps for Drake to 20 for Ballage. And I love Preston Williams. His thread shows his snaps compared to Parker’s. Can’t recall the split but it was in Parker’s favor while Preston looked good. Hoping that split changes.

MIN - nothing notable in this blowout. Diggs' 60% probably due to the game script and minor injury.

NE RB - Burkhead (47%), White (46%), Michel (33%)
I assume this would be a sad time to be a Michel owner. 33% of the snaps and <1.0 ypc in a blowout victory. Oof.

NYG WR - Shepard (99%), Latimer (88%), Fowler (72%), R Shepard (13%)
I'm guessing we'll see Daniel Jones sooner than later.

NYJ - Bell played 100% of snaps.

PHI RB - Sanders (48%), Sproles (31%), Howard (23%), Clement (4%)
RBBC expected, so Sanders fans have to be happy with the split.
PHI WR - Jeffrey (80%), Agholor (80%), Jackson (69%), Hollins (13%), JJAW (7%)
DeSean making a case for more time. Dude turns 33 soon.
PHI TE - Ertz (83%), Goedert (55%)
As expected, but had to check.

PIT WR - Juju (90%), Moncrief (90%), Switzer (67%), Washington (52%), Johnson (36%)
Moncrief led the team with 10 targets... if he gets dropped, I'm picking him up. So much opportunity if he didn't lose his job with those 3 drops.
PIT RB - Conner (46%), Samuels (33%)
Not sure how much to read into this in a blowout.

Moncrief has to start losing snaps to the younger guys. He’s just not good.

SEA WR - Lockett (91%), J Brown (77%), Metcalf (77%)
Given the target disparity I was really curious about this one.
SEA RB - Carson (77%), Penny (26%)
Carson still owning this job.

SF WR - Deebo (88%), Goodwin (74%), Bourne (25%), Pettis (3%)
Pettis WTF? Announced as the starter earlier in the week, he only played 2 snaps.
SF RB - Breida (44%), Mostert (29%), Coleman (26%)
Did injuries impact this?
Pettis burned me. Yes Coleman got hurt fairly early. Jeff Wilson jr gonna join the mix?

TB RB - Barber (36%), Jones (31%)
This is the first time Jones has looked decent. Fluke?
TB WR - Godwin (91%), Evans (86%), Perriman (64%)
The hype was almost true about Godwin not coming off the field.

TEN WR - Davis (74%), Sharpe (49%), Brown (43%), Humphries (36%)
Time to start sending out those Davis trade offers.

Sigh. Same old same old for Davis. What’s a guy gotta do for the Titans to end up in a few tightly contested shootouts? 
TEN RB - Henry (57%), Dion (43%)
Surprisingly close for a game they led most of the time (I still kind of expected RBBC here, but in this case I'd have expected a LOT more Henry)
TEN TE - Jonnu (61%), Walker (48%)
Not that interesting, but given the target split, this wasn't the snap split I was expecting.

WAS WR - Quinn (97%), McLaurin (93%), Richardson (78%), Harmon (22%)
I don't think they want Keenum throwing it 44 times per game, but McLaurin looked legit.
Love this thread. Added some context/thoughts in bold.

I think game script played a role here. They were getting banged and I assume Ito is the passing down back.
Does Ito have better hands or pass pro? I feel like Freeman is superior in every way.

Lots of Hollywood discussion in a few places. He didn’t play the second half and was always going to be somewhat eased back in. Played 12/34 first half snaps. A few of those were goal line formation and one kneel down. When he’s out there, he’s not there to block.
This is good context. 12/34 would still scare me away from starting him.

Eh went to OT as handy favorites. Sometimes production doesn’t equal value.
You think Gordon would've done something to change that game? I seriously can't imagine him being more productive than those two. They both crushed their opportunity.

I care! I think Drake can have ppr value. Thought I saw 27 snaps for Drake to 20 for Ballage. And I love Preston Williams. His thread shows his snaps compared to Parker’s. Can’t recall the split but it was in Parker’s favor while Preston looked good. Hoping that split changes.
Ok, ok, fair enough.
WR - Parker (76%), Hurns (70%), Grant (60%), Williams (42%), Wilson (12%)
I didn't know Hurns earned a starting job here. Good to see him land on his feet after last year's terrible injury.
RB - Drake (54%), Ballage (40%), Walton (8%)

Moncrief has to start losing snaps to the younger guys. He’s just not good.
Drops have not been a problem in the past, so I'm hopeful week 1 was an isolated incident. Matt Harmon always praised him in his reception perception charting and I heard his route running is why he's been crowned a starter since the beginning. Ben and their offense runs on timing and Washington has struggled in that aspect of his game. 

Pettis burned me. Yes Coleman got hurt fairly early. Jeff Wilson jr gonna join the mix?
I feel like Shanahan burned us. This will be a situation to keep an eye on.

Does Ito have better hands or pass pro? I feel like Freeman is superior in every way.

I agree with Freeman being superior. I scrolled through the play by play which of course only shows touches not snaps. Ito’s name doesn’t pop up until 4:40 left in the first half...the drive after Freeman’s fumble that killed a Falcons drive and let the Vikings go up 21-0. Would seem that Ito out touched and out snapped Freeman handily from that point on whether that had to do with the fumble or the scoreboard.

This is good context. 12/34 would still scare me away from starting him.

5 targets though. And a 6th negated by a defensive penalty. He’s not in there to block and the % will rise. I’m happy if he’s running routes most of his snaps.

You think Gordon would've done something to change that game? I seriously can't imagine him being more productive than those two. They both crushed their opportunity.

They only handed the ball to their backs 14 times in regulation in a game they led throughout. Melvin would be pushing for 20 carries in a game like that and it probably never gets to OT. Ekeler is great as a receiver but I don’t think they trust him to bang between the tackles. Jackson can bang but I’ve read he’s awful in pass pro. Melvin can do all 3 and that’s a big deal I think.

Ok, ok, fair enough.
WR - Parker (76%), Hurns (70%), Grant (60%), Williams (42%), Wilson (12%)
I didn't know Hurns earned a starting job here. Good to see him land on his feet after last year's terrible injury.
RB - Drake (54%), Ballage (40%), Walton (8%)

Drops have not been a problem in the past, so I'm hopeful week 1 was an isolated incident. Matt Harmon always praised him in his reception perception charting and I heard his route running is why he's been crowned a starter since the beginning. Ben and their offense runs on timing and Washington has struggled in that aspect of his game. 

Diontae Johnson!

I feel like Shanahan burned us. This will be a situation to keep an eye on.

For sure. I added Deebo in the redraft where I have Pettis. I want the #1 guy there and I want to see what he can do in a game where they throw for more than 156 yards. Someone has to break out.

I like the thread but sample size & context concern me with regard to some of the conclusions being drawn. 

Game flow matters. Players coming off of injury or rookies in RBBCs being eased in matters as those are snap counts that are bound to increase. 

It’s difficult to identify a trend in a sample size of 1. 

But it is interesting to see who played how much. I’m just not sure how valuable it is as a tool for projections going forward. 

They only handed the ball to their backs 14 times in regulation in a game they led throughout. Melvin would be pushing for 20 carries in a game like that and it probably never gets to OT. Ekeler is great as a receiver but I don’t think they trust him to bang between the tackles. Jackson can bang but I’ve read he’s awful in pass pro. Melvin can do all 3 and that’s a big deal I think.
I was shocked by Ekeler's game. I held onto him last season, using him as a flex, and watched a ton of their games. I was so fired up when Gordon got hurt for a bit only to watch Jackson be the back to own. There has to be some kind of script that uses Jackson a ton because they did it last year when Gordon got hurt. I dont follow the scripts closely enough to know it, but I do know I'd trade Ekeler if someone is a believer. Maybe its his size, but He wont hold up with that amount of touches, imo.

I like the thread but sample size & context concern me with regard to some of the conclusions being drawn. 

Game flow matters. Players coming off of injury or rookies in RBBCs being eased in matters as those are snap counts that are bound to increase. 

It’s difficult to identify a trend in a sample size of 1. 

But it is interesting to see who played how much. I’m just not sure how valuable it is as a tool for projections going forward. 
It's difficult to identify any trends off of one week, but IMO snap count is the best indicator we've got. I like it better than carries, targets, or production because *typically* snaps are more constant than those three categories (for example, that's why I would take McLaurin over Hollywood if I had a waiver choice to make in redraft).

But you're right about context. Context is key in a few situations, which is why I mentioned the Baltimore blowout and asked questions about injuries in a few. 

I was shocked by Ekeler's game. I held onto him last season, using him as a flex, and watched a ton of their games. I was so fired up when Gordon got hurt for a bit only to watch Jackson be the back to own. There has to be some kind of script that uses Jackson a ton because they did it last year when Gordon got hurt. I dont follow the scripts closely enough to know it, but I do know I'd trade Ekeler if someone is a believer. Maybe its his size, but He wont hold up with that amount of touches, imo.
Jackson only had double carries once and that was the game Ekeler and Gordon were out for. I agree about Ekeler. It’s probably partially because he got hurt almost right away when he had the chance to lead and partially because the Chargers themselves seem reluctant to run him 17-22 times a game like they did Melvin. Without Melvin, he’s gotten 12, 15*, 13, and 12 carries. The 15 carry game he got those 15 carries through 2.5 quarters...then got hurt. Maybe that injury was a one time thing and he’s actually an iron man, but probably not. If they keep him at around that number or carries maybe he’ll hold up and I think they know that. But there’s a cost to that and that’s one of the area’s they’ll miss Melvin I think.

Does any one have a good free site for snap counts?  Maybe one that posts snap counts relatively quickly.  Pro-Football-Reference post snap counts too slowly for me.

It's nice that's yesterday's games are already updated on that site.  I wish they'd show the percentage of snaps.  Raw number of snaps isn't as useful.
Are they already up? Last week they were up on Monday, but when I sent that I didn't see any - only the Thursday game. But on the topic of % vs #, there is an option for %. That's what I used in my original post.

Are they already up? Last week they were up on Monday, but when I sent that I didn't see any - only the Thursday game. But on the topic of % vs #, there is an option for %. That's what I used in my original post.
I'm only seeing the Thurs. night games. I typed in a receiver I was interested in and just got Week One. 

ARI WR - Fitz (95%), Kirk (93%), Byrd (93%), KeeSean (32%), Crabtree (32%)
Well, Crabtree's presence ate into KeeSean's time, not Byrd's. Unfortunate, bc I consider KeeSean the more intriguing player.

ATL - WR - Sanu (83%), Julio (82%), Ridley (64%)
With Ridley's stat line, this was kind of surprising.
RB - Freeman (62%) up from last week's 50/50, but still struggling as a runner.

BAL WR - Brown (65%), Snead (56%), Boykin (48%), Roberts (34%), Moore (9%)
Quite different than last week.

BUF WR - Brown (79%), Jones (59%), Beasley (49%), Foster (36%)
Zay leap frogged Beasley this week.

CHI RB - Montgomery (44%) takes over the lead in week 2. Cohen, still moving between RB and WR, played 38%. Davis a distant third at 25% and almost no usage (3 carries, 0 targets).

CIN RB - Mixon still looks hurt, but played 54% of snaps. Seems like a great buy low.

DAL WR - Gallup played 67% but is having his meniscus operated on, so Devin Smith (26%) is the guy if you want Dallas' WR3.

DEN RB - Freeman (52%) and Lindsay (48%) still splitting despite Freeman looking much better through two games.

DET RB - Kerryon still only at 54%. Was he injured or something? 

GB RB - Jones 57% vs. Williams 47%. Great game by Jones, but Williams still hanging around, stealing some receptions.

HOU RB - Hyde (61%) taking over early down work and leaving Duke (39%) to his usual passing down work.

IND WR - Hilton (90%), Cain (46%), Pascal (44%), Rogers (40%), Campbell (25%)
Nobody really assumed the WR2 role, but Cain got the biggest bump from week 1 to 2 (17% to 46%) while the rest were pretty flat.

JAX RB - Fournette with a crazy high 97%.

KC WR - Watkins (92%), Robinson (91%), Mecole (74%)
Robinson leap frogged Mecole in Hill's absence. 
KC RB - Williams (51%) still slightly ahead of McCoy (41%)

LAC WR - Allen (91%), Benjamin (66%), Williams (61%), Inman (57%)
Benjamin and Inman both got bumps in playing time with Williams banged up.
LAC RB - Ekeler (73%) still keeping Jackson (27%) at bay despite Jackson being the much more electric runner.

LAR RB - Gurley (64%) saw even fewer snaps than last week. Brown is up to 36%.
LAR TE - nobody probably cares, but Everett (71%) saw a lot more time this week while Higbee (34%) saw less.

MIA WR - Parker (92%), Williams (68%), Grant (61%), Hurns (45%)
Williams seems to have stolen Hurns' starting job.

MIN TE - only thing of note is that Rudolph has played 100% of snaps both games. Irv is just under 50%.

NE WR - Edelman (92%), Gordon (79%), Dorsett (49%), AB (33%)
As expected, Dorsett's snaps dropped as AB came on board. Gordon actually got a 12% bump.
NE RB - continues to be a carousel. This week Michel (49%) took over the lead from White (31%). Burkhead (24%) saw a big dip.
NE TE - LaCosse was healthy enough to play this week and played 58% of snaps.

NO WR - Trequan (58%) closed the gap on Ginn (60%), but with Brees hurt, does anyone care?

NYG WR - Fowler (79%), Russell Shepard (59%), Latimer (57%), TJ Jones (43%)
Not that anyone cares, but Russell saw the biggest bump with Sterling out. Latimer's snaps saw a sharp drop.

OAK WR - Tyrell (94%), Grant (75%), Renfrow (75%)
Renfrow up big from 28% last week, due to extra 3WR sets due to playing from behind all game.
OAK RB - Jacobs down from 74% week 1 to 46%.

PHI WR - Agholor (96%), JJAW (93%), Hollins (85%), DeSean (14%), Alshon (7%)
JJAW and Hollins got injury promotions!
PHI RB - Sanders (44%) still leading Sproles (35%) and Howard (22%), but has been less productive than Howard in both rushing and receiving.

PIT WR - Juju (82%), Washington (60%), Johnson (47%), Moncrief (32%), Switzer (23%)
The PIT WR2 job just got a lot less interesting with Ben going on IR, but these are the splits if anyone cares.

SEA WR - Lockett (89%), Metcalf (89%), Brown (73%)
Not much to see here except Metcalf making a jump from 77% to 89%.
SEA RB - Carson (54%) saw a dip as Prosise (13%) made his debut. Penny (33%) still a role player.
SEA TE - Dissly's big game came on only 59% of the snaps.

SF WR - Goodwin (51%), Pettis (49%), James (46%), Deebo (40%), Bourne (32%)
What a mess.
SF RB - Mostert leading with 47%, but I wouldn't read into snaps in a blowout. Gotta assume Breida (29%) is still the man after that performance.

TB TE - How did Howard play 92% of the snaps and not get a target? I heard Brate (28%) had a couple TDs called back on the same drive.
TB RB - Barber back in the lead with 65% of the snaps and a decent fantasy game. Glad I didn't drop him in redraft. Dare down to 25% from 39% and Jones down to 12% from 31%.

TEN WR - Corey (83%), Humphries (57%), Sharpe (53%), AJ Brown (45%)
Walker led the team with 6 targets and 39 yards. This offense so ugly.
TEN RB - a perfect 50/50 split between Dion and Henry. Henry with 15 carries to Dion's 3, though.

WAS WR - McLaurin (90%), Richardson (87%), Quinn (79%), Harmon (10%)
Quinn and Harmon down. Richardson up. Scary Terry is the guy, though.
WAS RB - AP debuts with only 29%, barely outsnapping Smallwood (26%). Thompson led with 45%.

Most situations have are rounding into "status quo" form after 3 weeks. These are the only ones I deem notable, but everyone feel free to chime in on the situations you are following closely.

ATL RB - Freeman played a whopping 90% of snaps this game.
BAL WR - Brown (75%) has steadily moved up while Boykin (33%) has moved down.
CIN TE - Eifert (48%) led in snaps (Uzomah was 46%) for the first time this year.
CLE RB - random note: Chubb played 97% this week after much lower marks the previous two weeks. (Fournette and Bell both hit 100%)
DEN RB - I heard Freeman (49%) was dealing with a shoulder injury, which benefited Lindsay (56%) a bit
DET RB - with the release of CJA, Kerryon saw his highest % yet, at 75%
GB RB - Jamaal Williams (61%) outsnapped and outplayed Jones (39%) for the first time this season
IND WR - five WRs played between 41% and 56%. FWIW, Cain was the highest.
NE RB - with White out, Burkhead got 74% and even Bolden (29%) outsnapped Michel (22%)... Harris (6%) was active
OAK WR - JJ Nelson was 2nd in line with 78%
PHI WR - with Jackson and Jeffrey out, Hollins and Agholor both hit 99% with JJAW coming in at 72%
PHI RB - Sproles (36%), Sanders (34%), Howard (33%)
SEA RB - Prosise (55%) was ahead of Carson (44%) probably due to game flow (?)
SF WR - Goodwin (67%) led the charge, with Deebo (52%) and Pettis (42%) trailing behind
TB RB - Barber back down to his week one 36% after a week 2 blip to 65%... Rojo at 30%

Most situations have are rounding into "status quo" form after 3 weeks. These are the only ones I deem notable, but everyone feel free to chime in on the situations you are following closely.

ATL RB - Freeman played a whopping 90% of snaps this game.
BAL WR - Brown (75%) has steadily moved up while Boykin (33%) has moved down.
CIN TE - Eifert (48%) led in snaps (Uzomah was 46%) for the first time this year.
CLE RB - random note: Chubb played 97% this week after much lower marks the previous two weeks. (Fournette and Bell both hit 100%)
DEN RB - I heard Freeman (49%) was dealing with a shoulder injury, which benefited Lindsay (56%) a bit
DET RB - with the release of CJA, Kerryon saw his highest % yet, at 75%
GB RB - Jamaal Williams (61%) outsnapped and outplayed Jones (39%) for the first time this season
IND WR - five WRs played between 41% and 56%. FWIW, Cain was the highest.
NE RB - with White out, Burkhead got 74% and even Bolden (29%) outsnapped Michel (22%)... Harris (6%) was active
OAK WR - JJ Nelson was 2nd in line with 78%
PHI WR - with Jackson and Jeffrey out, Hollins and Agholor both hit 99% with JJAW coming in at 72%
PHI RB - Sproles (36%), Sanders (34%), Howard (33%)
SEA RB - Prosise (55%) was ahead of Carson (44%) probably due to game flow (?)
SF WR - Goodwin (67%) led the charge, with Deebo (52%) and Pettis (42%) trailing behind
TB RB - Barber back down to his week one 36% after a week 2 blip to 65%... Rojo at 30%
Damiere Byrd played 93% snaps last week (Isabella healthy scratch) and 96% this week (3 more than Fitz and Kirk).  AZ just released Crabtree.  Unreal snaps in an air raid offense and somehow not much to show for it yet.

Damiere Byrd played 93% snaps last week (Isabella healthy scratch) and 96% this week (3 more than Fitz and Kirk).  AZ just released Crabtree.  Unreal snaps in an air raid offense and somehow not much to show for it yet.
Yeah, I know absolutely nothing about Byrd. Small 3rd year player getting lots of snaps and very little production. Seems like it's just a matter of time before KeeSean leap frogs him. 

Users who are viewing this thread