What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 (19 season) FBG Playoff League (1 Viewer)

Before @BassNBrewselects does anyone mind if I change my selection? I was in a rush and didn't fully look at everything. If people aren't ok with it then no worries. 

@Crippler @OZ*

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. I went ahead and changed it since I was heading into a work meeting and I didn't want to hold up the draft. If other owners aren't ok with this then please revert my pick back. 

I was still getting update emails so I checked into the site to stop that and then I just had to come here and say @Stinkin Ref is it just a bit odd that given all the grief that @BassNBrew gave you all season long in IBL about Mahomes, he has drafted him at first opportunity in consecutive drafts. Not that it was a bad pick, just kind of a huh?
A strong QB is a good pick when you only have to be in the top half or you have to make up some ground to advance.  I actually took Jackson in the last draft but liked Mahomes better (felt Jackson had the higher floor).  I took Mahomes this time because I was so far behind Crippler and Oz given the keepers.  That's likely a losing strategy if I do advance because because if Mahomes is my keeper, my opponent gets to default to taking QB in the last round.

I was surprised Ref didn't take the 3 spot in the last round to get Mahommes.  He would have advanced if he had done that.

A strong QB is a good pick when you only have to be in the top half or you have to make up some ground to advance.  I actually took Jackson in the last draft but liked Mahomes better (felt Jackson had the higher floor).  I took Mahomes this time because I was so far behind Crippler and Oz given the keepers.  That's likely a losing strategy if I do advance because because if Mahomes is my keeper, my opponent gets to default to taking QB in the last round.

I was surprised Ref didn't take the 3 spot in the last round to get Mahommes.  He would have advanced if he had done that.
Won't matter after the Chiefs lose this weekend. 

@bro1ncos otc

Stephen Holloway said:
I was still getting update emails so I checked into the site to stop that and then I just had to come here and say @Stinkin Ref is it just a bit odd that given all the grief that @BassNBrew gave you all season long in IBL about Mahomes, he has drafted him at first opportunity in consecutive drafts. Not that it was a bad pick, just kind of a huh?
Bass likes to act like the "wait on a QB guru"....and keep his man crush on my boy on the down low....when really he has him sharpie markered in for us in the late second in IBL next year....

BassNBrew said:

I misread the temperature of the room.....I thought people would still wait on QB and if I wanted him in the second I could get him.....I thought he'd have a good day, but not a 320/5 and 50 rushing great day....I picked the worst one of all my first round targets....

I misread the temperature of the room.....I thought people would still wait on QB and if I wanted him in the second I could get him.....I thought he'd have a good day, but not a 320/5 and 50 rushing great day....I picked the worst one of all my first round targets....
You wouldn't have gotten him in the 2nd. I don't know if I would have passed on him at 3 and definitely not 2.02 if Crippler had passed. 

As things stand...

Tannehill, Ryan TEN QB    
Henry, Derrick TEN RB    
Mostert, Raheem SFO RB    
Bourne, Kendrick SFO WR        
Hill, Tyreek KCC WR   
Samuel, Deebo SFO WR     
Sharpe, Tajae TEN WR    
Kittle, George SFO TE    
Butker, Harrison KCC PK  
Titans defense

Pretty clearly I'm betting against the Packers here and would be cheering for my Titans regardless of this draft. 

I don't expect much from Sharpe or bourne, but maybe a couple points. Henry, Hill, Kittle and Mostert should be solid. I think Tanny will actually have to throw for more than 100 to have a chance this weekend.

I came in with clear thoughts on this

1. Kielce was given. Some might question Graham but with only 4 TEs out there to really own and with extra points, I went him over Aaron. Also someone gets squat here with scarcity of position. 

2. Picking 4th. I would have been happy with any of Adams, Jones, Hill or Mahomes in the first. Thought Damien Williams was clear #2 tier over the next level of Deebo and Brown. I had Moestart, Hardman, Jonnu in next tier. 

3. My hopes got high with Deebo dropping. Wonder if Oz takes Damien if he ended up with 4 with the 5. But Oz crushed them with one pick to go. Got the last 2 guys on my list for skill players. I did not have Jonnu in list but knew he had to go. Rodgers was my last guy if my players went. I would have loved Adams, Damien and Deebo. 

4. I went McCoy over Jamal Williams to hopefully guarantee me the KC running pts. I thought Broncos might do the same with Jones/jamal

5. Last decision. Who did I not want. Jimmy G, Joseph or Tenn D. I choose Tenn D and thus the GB D in the 6th. Tanny got some hard thought but the QB can go anyway this weekend. 

Heavily invested in the Packers this weekend. Seem to have lots of hedge bets going on also. 

Only other observation was why bBroncos did not protect Butker. This one was a head scratcher to me and he went way before 7.1 in the end. 

I think looking good depending on how Mahomes performs. Bass went for the home run swing. He hits and probably goes on and I battle Oz with maybe a Tanny vs Jimmy G as the deciding factor. No week like last and see OZ and I going on. Think Broncos behind the eight ball 

2. Picking 4th. I would have been happy with any of Adams, Jones, Hill or Mahomes in the first. Thought Damien Williams was clear #2 tier over the next level of Deebo and Brown. I had Moestart, Hardman, Jonnu in next tier. 

3. My hopes got high with Deebo dropping. Wonder if Oz takes Damien if he ended up with 4 with the 5. But Oz crushed them with one pick to go. 
I heavily thought about Brown over Mostert but couldn't do it as I think there's going to be a lot of running again in both games. 

Bro might have made the better choice but I was very happy to see Rodgers taken and deebo fall to 3.03, that was almost my easiest choice of the draft

4.02, took Butker simply because i didn't care much at the other slots.

Came oh so close to taking McCoy instead of Bourne, but I already had 2 RBs and needed the receiver. 

Sharpe was very nice a "Tanny will probably need to throw, roll those dice..." Pick

The rest was automatic. Tanny vs Jimmy might make the difference, but I think the Titans at least score a fair bit. 

I haven't been this excited for a football game since Alabama played Michigan ;)  not for a pro game in many years.

Keepers were Coleman and Watkins.  3rd best and significantly behind 1st and 2nd.  Attacked this draft as if I was 15 pts behind Crippler and 20 pts behind OZ.  Once those two took the 3 and 4 draft slots the only viable option towards advancement was taking Mahommes and hoping for 40 from him.

1.1 Mahomes - See above

2.4 Smith - As expected, the draft board was decimated.  Was very thankful OZ didn't take Smaith and doom me at TE.  This was an insta pick.

3.1 Brown - This pick felt like a mini steal.  If Mahomes rolls, Tenn will have to hang which hopefully brings Brown into play.

4.4 / 5.1 SF D and Gould - Almost pulled the trigger on Robinson and Williams here.  Williams seemed like the last viable RB outside of McCoy who donated me last weekend.  Robinson was where I expect Watkins lack of production to go this week.  With KC D gone, SF see like an opportunity to make up ground on the field.  Butker was gone too, but that he wasn't of interest as I had Mahomes.  Gould was the highest rated kicker and not kicking in 20 degree weather.

6.4 / 7.1 J. Williams / Robinson - Shocked to see both of the guys Thompson and Williams available here.

8.4 Allison - Best remaining prayer left.  Want at least one offensive player on each team for upside so he completed that goal.

Need one of Watkins or Brown to outscore Kelce, Kittle, and Henry to have a shot.  If that doesn't happen, my run ends here.

Half way there. BnB looks wicked smart taking Mahomes. 

Bassnbr    103.5 - best players are done, looks solid right now

OZ     71.65 - kittle, Mostert and deebo should help

Crippler 58.9 - Jimmy G and Adams could push into the top 2

Bro1ncos 12.2 - needs a big day from the Aarons

Sounds good.  Getting tired of finishing runner up to you.
I don't mind saying this decision sucks. 

It's a good place to be I suppose, but knowing I'm giving you one of the top players no matter what I decide, and knowing there's a really good chance I make the wrong choice... Oh well. 

I'll take the first pick (although I see 3 top players available, then a clear break) and keep Kittle and Mostert. I'll be cheering for the Chiefs in real life, but probably 49ers here. 

I'm pretty sure which two you're keeping. 

I don't mind saying this decision sucks. 

It's a good place to be I suppose, but knowing I'm giving you one of the top players no matter what I decide, and knowing there's a really good chance I make the wrong choice... Oh well. 

I'll take the first pick (although I see 3 top players available, then a clear break) and keep Kittle and Mostert. I'll be cheering for the Chiefs in real life, but probably 49ers here. 

I'm pretty sure which two you're keeping. 
 I'll keep the two guys who ruined my IBL season, Mahomes and Watkins for me.

I'll take the second draft slot.  

Draft has been setup.  You can pick the 2 of the remaining three for me if you want to speed things along.  I'll be away from the computer for a bit.

I'll keep the two guys who ruined my IBL season, Mahomes and Watkins for me.

I'll take the second draft slot.  

Draft has been setup.  You can pick the 2 of the remaining three for me if you want to speed things along.  I'll be away from the computer for a bit.
I'll assume I chose correctly.

Rosters so far have me with the 49ers, you with the Chiefs (with the minor exception of Kelce)

OZ 
Mostert, Raheem SFO RB    
Samuel, Deebo SFO WR   
Sanders, Emmanuel SFO WR      
Kelce, Travis KCC TE    
Kittle, George SFO TE   

BnB

Mahomes, Patrick KCC QB

Williams, Damien KCC RB

Hill, Tyreek KCC WR

Watkins, Sammy KCC

Pre selected the last 3 rounds, so this was quick

OZ 

Jimmy G - SFO QB

Mostert, Raheem SFO RB    

Darwin Thompson KCC RB

Samuel, Deebo SFO WR   

Sanders, Emmanuel SFO WR      

Hardman, Mecole KCC WR

Kelce, Travis KCC TE    

Kittle, George SFO TE   

Gould

De chiefs

Obviously BnB was keeping Mahomes so that made my last pick Jimmy. I was stuck between Hill, kittle and Mostert for keepers. Kittle hasn't done much yet but he'll need to this weekend. Mostert should have success running, but man it was hard to give up Hill.  

Took the first pick almost entirely to get the K/K TE combo. Although having Hill and Williams could be better. 

I thought tevin would fall further with his shoulder issue but I thought wrong, kind of regret taking sanders, but not too much.

It looks pretty even I think, basically my TEs have to counter Mahomes.  It may just come down to whether the chiefs can keep their offense rolling. And whether Coleman carries the ball much (or brieda)

Should be a great super bowl :football:

(I will be cheering for the Chiefs)

Pre selected the last 3 rounds, so this was quick

OZ 

Jimmy G - SFO QB

Mostert, Raheem SFO RB    

Darwin Thompson KCC RB

Samuel, Deebo SFO WR   

Sanders, Emmanuel SFO WR      

Hardman, Mecole KCC WR

Kelce, Travis KCC TE    

Kittle, George SFO TE   

Gould

De chiefs

Obviously BnB was keeping Mahomes so that made my last pick Jimmy. I was stuck between Hill, kittle and Mostert for keepers. Kittle hasn't done much yet but he'll need to this weekend. Mostert should have success running, but man it was hard to give up Hill.  

Took the first pick almost entirely to get the K/K TE combo. Although having Hill and Williams could be better. 

I thought tevin would fall further with his shoulder issue but I thought wrong, kind of regret taking sanders, but not too much.

It looks pretty even I think, basically my TEs have to counter Mahomes.  It may just come down to whether the chiefs can keep their offense rolling. And whether Coleman carries the ball much (or brieda)

Should be a great super bowl :football:

(I will be cheering for the Chiefs)
Not a whole lot to decide in this draft.  Oz pinned me with a zero at TE right out of the gate.  The plus side is that I got Hill and Damien Williams. Which gave him Deebo and Sanders.  Really the only decision  in this draft was what to do with those picks.  One option was Hardman and Robinson trying to lock up KC passing sans Kelce.  Bourne Looked pretty attractive and I knew that OZ could  only take one of these three with his flex secured, so I might as well wait and take whoever fell.  I searched for everything possible on Coleman but news is sparse and he's questionable.  That's when the idea of Coleman and Breida popped into my head.  I'm pretty confident that one of them has an impact so I took both.  Not sure why Oz took Darwin when he could have waited and had a choice at K or D, although those two positions were a push so it isn't that big of a deal.  Took Butker solely on having more range and SF stalling out KC drives.  Took SF because the Chiefs will pass more opening up more opportunity for stuff to happen.  Last remaining decision was Bourne or Robinson.  As an underdog I figured I needed more stake in SF offense trying to keep up with Mahomes so I went Bourne.  Took Bell because he generally plays more snaps than the other TEs.

Like last week, my only shot is Watkins beating Kielce and possibly Mosert.

.  Not sure why Oz took Darwin when he could have waited and had a choice at K or D, although those two positions were a push so it isn't that big of a deal.  
Almost entirely because I couldn't decide between the kickers or defense.

And I overlooked that you couldn't take Darwin

Almost entirely because I couldn't decide between the kickers or defense.

And I overlooked that you couldn't take Darwin
In hindsight the Coleman/Breida deal may come back to bite me.  I may have needed to pick the right one and added Robinson instead of both.  If I had just taken Coleman, would you have taken Breida or still gone with Darwin?

In hindsight the Coleman/Breida deal may come back to bite me.  I may have needed to pick the right one and added Robinson instead of both.  If I had just taken Coleman, would you have taken Breida or still gone with Darwin?
Breida. 

A little slow today, so............

Dodds projections have OZ winning by 35 and MT has it closer, but OZ still winning by 27.  However, the projections are always conservatively low when a particular offense goes off and Mahomes and KC have solid potential to do just that. Bass  almost had to keep Mahomes, but that really put him up against it, especially with OZ getting both TEs.

Bass needs Mahomes to have a huge day as well as Kelce being held back with all the TDs going to others. He also needs for the SF running game to be split up, particularly with Mostert not scoring touchdowns. It is possible, but OZ definitely has the upper hand. It is such a huge advantage to carry over a tight end, especially with partnered with having the first pick.

A little slow today, so............

Dodds projections have OZ winning by 35 and MT has it closer, but OZ still winning by 27.  However, the projections are always conservatively low when a particular offense goes off and Mahomes and KC have solid potential to do just that. Bass  almost had to keep Mahomes, but that really put him up against it, especially with OZ getting both TEs.

Bass needs Mahomes to have a huge day as well as Kelce being held back with all the TDs going to others. He also needs for the SF running game to be split up, particularly with Mostert not scoring touchdowns. It is possible, but OZ definitely has the upper hand. It is such a huge advantage to carry over a tight end, especially with partnered with having the first pick.
Thanks for the analysis. Die was cast when I took Mahomes last draft instead of Hill.  That’s not a championship strategy but saved my bacon when Coleman went down. Oz has kicked ### with keepers

Thanks for the analysis. Die was cast when I took Mahomes last draft instead of Hill.  That’s not a championship strategy but saved my bacon when Coleman went down. Oz has kicked ### with keepers
I've been lucky for sure. Henry at 1.04 was great. Kittle hasn't done squat yet. 

I didn't check, would you have made it here if you had taken Hill? 

Mahomes to Hill and Williams can definitely win this thing. 

I've been lucky for sure. Henry at 1.04 was great. Kittle hasn't done squat yet. 

I didn't check, would you have made it here if you had taken Hill? 

Mahomes to Hill and Williams can definitely win this thing. 
If Bro1ncos takes Mahomes at the two spot then yes.  If you take Mahomes at the three spot then yes.  If he slides to Crippler then it would have depended on weather I got Tannehill or Garopolo.

Congrats @BassNBrew

Shoulda let you pick first this go round... 

Great game

Go Chiefs! 
Thanks @-OZ-  Nice to finally come out on top v. you.  I looked at the score early 4th Q and we were bouncing back and forth within a couple of points.  After 4 or 5 runner-up survivor finishes, securing a championship is a welcome change.

Not sure the pick position would have matter.  Kelce and Deebo pretty much kept pace pace with Williams/Hill...at least enough that Mahommes over Grapolo was the real difference.  I torn about QB scoring in this format.  In the regular survivors it's not a huge factor because the skill players come from multiple teams/games.  In this format it's hard to make up ground because there are only so many TDs to go around.

Users who are viewing this thread