What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Mock Draft because...why not? - Last try 4/17, page 2 (1 Viewer)

Like it for Tampa.  I'd probably go with Becton over Wirfs, but love the position.  Two offensive players for an already explosive offense.  Who's playing QB for the Bucs in 2020?  Is it still Jameis in this scenario?  RiversBrady?

Great work Andy.  I'll be doing cartwheels if the 1st 2 rounds turn out like this for GB.  Love it.

Like it for Tampa.  I'd probably go with Becton over Wirfs, but love the position.  Two offensive players for an already explosive offense.  Who's playing QB for the Bucs in 2020?  Is it still Jameis in this scenario?  RiversBrady?
I can't fathom staying with Winston after throwing THIRTY picks. I'd say Brady.

Great work Andy.  I'll be doing cartwheels if the 1st 2 rounds turn out like this for GB.  Love it.
Don't hear that said much by Packers fans...thanks!

matuski said:
Poor Detroit has the only team in the top 20 that has NO CHANCE of taking a QB drafting right behind them.

No leverage.

eta - OK minus AZ and DAL
I get your point on leverage, although browns and Jets won't take a QB either. But they're still in a good spot if dolphins, chargers and Panthers all want Herbert or burrow. (I don't think they all bid on tua, but that's possible too)

Dan Hindery said:
Agree with this. 

I think Burrow goes 1 to Cincy.

Then Young, Herbert, and Tua in some order between 2 and 4. 

There's too many teams in need of a QB near the top of the draft and those top QBs have enough positive attributes that when all is said and done, Tua/Herbert end up ahead of Jeff Okudah, Derrick Brown, Isaiah Simmons, etc.
I think this is right. 

Detroit needs a team to "fall in love" with a specific QB.  I could easily be wrong, but unlike the Jets trading up before the draft, I think the Lions keep the pick until they're on the clock. 

I get your point on leverage, although browns and Jets won't take a QB either. But they're still in a good spot if dolphins, chargers and Panthers all want Herbert or burrow. (I don't think they all bid on tua, but that's possible too)
I'm saying a team could just as easily move into the 4 spot and give NYG less.

If they don't believe DET is taking a QB, just take a discount and go for NYG spot.

I'm saying a team could just as easily move into the 4 spot and give NYG less.

If they don't believe DET is taking a QB, just take a discount and go for NYG spot.
Sure they could. 

And another team could leapfrog over the 4, into the 3 and get the guy they want - if done before the pick. It's basically a game of chicken unless the teams don't want a specific QB.

Hypothetically, 2 of fins, Panthers and chargers want a QB, one of the three sign someone (Bridgewater?). If neither team cares all that much between Herbert and tua, Lions have no leverage. But if they both decide they want one of the two, and think the other wants the same, things get interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure they could. 

And another team could leapfrog over the 4, into the 3 and get the guy they want - if done before the pick. It's basically a game of chicken unless the teams don't want a specific QB
Fair point.

Your mock makes sense.  But as we know, it rarely goes as planned.

I think Tua or Hebert will go #2 by the time it's over with.  Not that I think they are worth it.  QBs are that needed and the Skins can move down to #5 or 6 and likely get Okudah to fill their biggest need, recover their 2nd rounder, and should get another late or next year #1 per the draft chart.  MIA is the team that makes the most sense.   They have a lot of picks.  LAC.  JAX maybe also since they have two #1s to offer.   The Skins just have to make everyone believe they are willing to trade the pick to say JAX, IND or CAR.  Otherwise MIA and LAC have no reason to move up.

Aside from Jeudy in ARI, those are some pretty tasty fantasy landing spots for WRs...the RBs aren’t all that bad, either.  You probably put Akers at no worse than the 1.02 going to KC, I’d imagine
I think Jeudy to Arizona would be fantastic. Why don't you like it? Tee Higgins to Jax and Jalen Reagor to Buffalo would much worse IMO. 

Seems like every mock I’ve read has Atlanta taking Chaisson. 
He just screams Atlanta. He is exactly the kind of player they love. 

Andy Dufresne said:
Don't hear that said much by Packers fans...thanks!
Like the 2nd round pick for GB, but not a fan of a LB in the 1st.  Actually hope we trade out of the 1st.  Our track record is just horrific......we do better when we trade down.  R Gary was a horrible reach last year.

1. Cincinnati - Joe Burrow LSU Sr QB
2. Washington - Chase Young Ohio St. Jr EDGE
3. Detroit - Jeff Okudah Ohio St. Jr CB             
4. NY Giants -  Tristan Wirfs Iowa Jr OL 
5. Miami - Tua Tagovailoa Alabama Jr QB
6. LA Chargers - Justin Herbert Oregon Sr QB
7. Carolina -  Isaiah Simmons Clemson Jr S         
8. Arizona - CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma Jr WR        
9. Jacksonville - Derrick Brown Auburn Sr DL        
10. Cleveland - Mekhi Becton Louisville Jr OL            
11. NY Jets - Andrew Thomas Georgia Jr OL                
12. Las Vegas - Jerry Jeudy Alabama Jr WR
13. Indianapolis - Jordan Love Utah St. Jr QB
14. Tampa Bay - Yetur Gross-Matos Penn St. Jr EDGE
15. Denver - Jedrick Wills Jr. Alabama Jr OL
16. Atlanta - K'Lavon Chaisson LSU Soph
17. Dallas - CJ Henderson Florida Jr CB    
18. Miami (from Pittsburgh) - Javon Kinlaw South Carolina Sr DL
19. Las Vegas (from Chicago) - Kenneth Murray Oklahoma Jr LB
20. Jacksonville (from LA Rams) - Henry Ruggs III Alabama Jr WR        
21. Philadelphia - Justin Jefferson LSU Jr WR
22. Buffalo - Jalen Reagor TCU Jr WR
23. New England - Denzel Mims Baylor Sr WR 
24. New Orleans - Tee Higgins Clemson Jr WR            
25. Minnesota - Josh Jones Houston Sr OT        
26. Miami (from Houston) - D'Andre Swift Georgia Jr RB    
27. Seattle - Cesar Ruiz Michigan Jr C
28. Baltimore - Zack Baun Wisconsin Sr LB                      
29. Tennessee - Jonathan Taylor Wisconsin Jr RB            
30. Green Bay - Patrick Queen Jr LSU
31. Kansas City - Trevon Diggs Alabama Sr CB        
32. San Francisco - Xavier McKinney Alabama Jr S

33. Cincinnati - Raekwon Davis Alabama Sr DL
34. Indianapolis (from Washington) - A.J. Epenesa Iowa Jr EDGE
35. Detroit - Austin Jackson USC Jr OL     
36. NY Giants - Terrell Lewis Alabama Sr EDGE
37. LA Chargers - Neville Gallimore Oklahoma Sr DL            
38. Carolina - Jeff Gladney TCU Sr CB                 
39. Miami - Grant Delpit LSU Jr S
40. Arizona - Curtis Weaver Boise St. Jr EDGE.  
41. Cleveland - Julian Okwara Notre Dame Sr DL  
42. Jacksonville - Kristian Fulton LSU Sr CB    
43. Chicago (from Las Vegas) - Laviska Shenault Jr. Colorado Jr WR         
44. Indianapolis - Jordan Elliott Missouri Jr DL
45. Tampa Bay - Prince Tega Wanogho Auburn Sr OL       
46. Denver - Bryce Hall Virginia Sr CB
47. Atlanta - J.K. Dobbins Ohio St. Jr RB
48. NY Jets - Josh Uche Michigan Sr EDGE
49. Pittsburgh - Lloyd Cushenberry III LSU C
50. Chicago - Cole Kmet Notre Dame Jr TE        
51. Dallas - Ashtyn Davis California Sr S        
52. LA Rams - Ezra Cleveland Boise State Jr OT
53. Philadelphia - A.J. Terrell Clemson Jr CB
54. Buffalo - Kyle Dugger  Lenoir-Rhyne Sr S
55. Atlanta (from New England) - Noah Igbinoghene Auburn Jr CB
56. Miami (from New Orleans) - Tyler Biadasz Wisconsin Jr OL
57. Minnesota - Jaylon Johnson Utah Jr CB
58. Houston - Cam Akers Florida St. Jr RB
59. Seattle - Marlon Davidson Auburn SR DL
60. Baltimore - Brandon Aiyuk Arizona St SR WR
61. Tennessee - Bradley Anae Utah Sr EDGE    
62. Green Bay - Michael Pittman USC Sr WR
63. Kansas City - Clyde Edwards-Helaire LSU Jr RB
64. Seattle (from San Francisco thru KC) - Damon Arnette tOSU Sr CB

I'm actually still really pleased with the first draft. About the only guys I really goofed up were CJ Henderson and Justin Jefferson.

I feel like this draft will have an absurd amount of trading making most mocks rather fruitless. There's almost no chance Detroit stays at 3.

I feel like this draft will have an absurd amount of trading making most mocks rather fruitless. There's almost no chance Detroit stays at 3.
Of course, but you can still talk relative draft position for prospects. That's the interesting part to me, anyway.

Of course, but you can still talk relative draft position for prospects. That's the interesting part to me, anyway.
Personally I enjoy talking about possible trades.  For instance, does Tampa talk itself into trading up for Tua?  Arians hates Winston so I can see him getting enamored with a rookie.  How about the patriots?  Maybe this is the year BB decides he's going to take a leap and grab someone like Love.

Personally I enjoy talking about possible trades.  For instance, does Tampa talk itself into trading up for Tua?  Arians hates Winston so I can see him getting enamored with a rookie.  How about the patriots?  Maybe this is the year BB decides he's going to take a leap and grab someone like Love.
I read a rumor today that has Seattle giving a 2nd and swapping their 1st with Jacksonville's 2nd for Ngakoue.

For me any mock really only serves the purpose of seeing team needs laid out and getting an even better feel for the rookie players.

Arians isn't long for the coaching world - I think if Tampa doesn't feel like they are in position to bring in a top free agent veteran QB they bring back Winston for another year and hope.

Andy Dufresne said:
52. LA Rams - Ezra Cleveland Boise State Jr OT
Would not shock me if he goes in the first round.

2020 NFL Draft: Boise State OT Ezra Cleveland drawing first round hype

...One player who isn’t getting talked about enough is Boise State’s Ezra Cleveland, a left tackle prospect who has emerged as a possible first-round player in recent weeks. Cleveland is an early entrant in the 2020 NFL Draft and he’s not just leaving Boise State because he’s sick of being there.

This guy is being coveted by NFL teams.

Cleveland is already hovering in or around the top 50 of some big boards out there, but Tony Pauline of Pro Football Network says that he’s heard multiple times in recent weeks that Cleveland is sneaking his way into the first round conversation....
Go to link for full read.

1. Cincinnati - Joe Burrow LSU Sr QB

2. Washington - Chase Young Ohio St. Jr EDGE

3. Miami (from Detroit) - Justin Herbert Oregon Sr QB

4. NY Giants - Isaiah Simmons Clemson Jr S

5. Detroit (from Miami) - Jeff Okudah Ohio St. Jr CB

6. Atlanta (from LA Chargers) -Derrick Brown Auburn Sr DL

7. Carolina - CJ Henderson Florida Jr CB  

8. Arizona - Tristan Wirfs Iowa Jr OL

9. Tampa Bay (from Jacksonville) - Andrew Thomas Georgia Jr OL 

10. Denver (from Cleveland) - Henry Ruggs III Alabama Jr WR

11. NY Jets - Jedrick Wills Jr. Alabama Jr OL 

12. Las Vegas - CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma Jr WR

13. San Francisco (from Indianapolis) - Jerry Jeudy Alabama Jr WR. 

14. Jacksonville (from Tampa Bay) - Javon Kinlaw South Carolina Sr DL

15. Cleveland (from Denver) - Ezra Cleveland Boise State Jr

16. LA Chargers (from Atlanta) - Tua Tagovailoa Alabama Jr QB

17. Philadelphia (from Dallas) - Denzel Mims Baylor Sr WR

18. Miami (from Pittsburgh) - Mekhi Becton Louisville Jr OL

19. Las Vegas (from Chicago) - Kristian Fulton LSU Sr CB

20. Jacksonville (from LA Rams) - Justin Jefferson LSU Jr WR

21. Dallas (from Philadelphia) - Cesar Ruiz Michigan Jr c

22. Minnesota (from Buffalo) - K'Lavon Chaisson LSU Soph.

23. New England - Jordan Love Utah St. Jr QB

24. New Orleans - Patrick Queen Jr LSU

25. Minnesota - Jeff Gladney TCU Sr CB

26. Miami (from Houston) - Xavier McKinney Alabama Jr S

27. Seattle - Zack Baun Wisconsin Sr LB

28. Baltimore - Kenneth Murray Oklahoma Jr LB

29. Tennessee - Julian Okwara Notre Dame Sr DL

30. Green Bay - Jalen Reagor TCU Jr WR

31. Kansas City - Yetur Gross-Matos Penn St. Jr EDGE

32. San Francisco - Josh Jones Houston Sr OT

Edit: Actually, I'd switch the Falcons/Panthers picks. So Henderson then Brown.

I heard that but also heard that it likely won't ding him. Seattle is likely to trade out of that spot.
A few months ago he would have had his first strike under the old CBA.  I don't know how teams are going to deal with things like this when they can't do a face-to-face and get a feel for a guy when they this would have pushed him down last year.

Seattle's history of moving down as a high probability.  Look for OT Isaiah Wilson if they don't move-down.  

EDIT to add:  I really like K'Lavon Chaisson.  Wouldn't surprise me if he goes higher.

-------------------------------------

Sigmund Bloom@SigmundBloom

Something to remember if the Lions trade down. Perhaps Chaisson could go earlier than expected?

Tim Twentyman@ttwentyman

And if the Lions are able to move back and secure another middle pick in the first round, @MoveTheSticks says a player like LSU edge rusher K'Lavon Chaisson could be a fit there

Baltimore adding Kenneth Murray would be dangerous. I'd love my Broncos to trade down and take him. I'd then love for my Broncos to trade back up into the first and take Denzel Mims. 

Users who are viewing this thread