What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Anarchy League 4 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
2021 Anarchy League 4 League Site
Draft scheduled to start 8/2 at 8:00 AM Eastern. Timer off for now.
Randomly generated draft order:

1.01 - Mr. Landry
1.02 - BassNBrew
1.03 - ryheaps
1.04 - Smbkrypt24
1.05 - Birdie048
1.06 - Shadowfax
1.07 - Hawkeye21
1.08 - Go DC Yourself
1.09 - bro1ncos
1.10 - Public Ridicule
1.11 - Cobalt Cruisin'
1.12 - BroncoFreak_2K3
1.13 - BusMan
1.14 - Biabreakable
1.15 - Crippler
1.16 - Maggot Brain

I appreciate you trying to move things along, but pretty much everyone is set up for OTC notifications or all draft pick updates (or both). My point being, it would probably be a rare instance that someone didn't know it was their turn to make a pick. If you want to invest the time to try to stay on people to pick, I won't stop you . . . I'm not sure how much good it will do.

QB - Tampa

RB - Edwards, RoJo, Singletary

WR - Evans, Kupp, Anderson, Brown, Gallup

TE - Kelce, Thomas

D - Bills

K -

Felling pretty good about this team.  If healthy, WR and TE should hang a bunch of points.

QB - Tampa

RB - Edwards, RoJo, Singletary

WR - Evans, Kupp, Anderson, Brown, Gallup

TE - Kelce, Thomas

D - Bills

K -

Felling pretty good about this team.  If healthy, WR and TE should hang a bunch of points.
I feel like giving you a hard time but this is a pretty solid team I think. Having Kelce is a huge advantage and if Tampa goes deep in the playoffs again those players are nice to have.

I am betting that Giovanni Bernard ends up being the RB to have in Tampa though. We will see soon enough.

I feel like giving you a hard time but this is a pretty solid team I think. Having Kelce is a huge advantage and if Tampa goes deep in the playoffs again those players are nice to have.

I am betting that Giovanni Bernard ends up being the RB to have in Tampa though. We will see soon enough.
I know you like Gio, but TB ranked 29th in rushing attempts last year and now has Jones, Fournette, and Bernard. It's a 0 PPR league. IMO, Gio might only score in the 60-70 point range in these leagues.

I know you like Gio, but TB ranked 29th in rushing attempts last year and now has Jones, Fournette, and Bernard. It's a 0 PPR league. IMO, Gio might only score in the 60-70 point range in these leagues.
I know there's no PPR he still will get a lot of yards if he has a lot of receptions.

Tom Brady had Tampa try to sign James White because Jones and Fournette are the sux as receiving RB.

Meanwhile Giovanni Bernard doesnt.

So we will see.

As far as points? We are talking about a pick way past the top 100 here. I dont need him to score a ton, just some points.

QB - Chargers and Dolphins

RB - Barkley, Mike Davis, James Robinson

WR - Diggs, J Chase, DeVante Parker, Corey Davis 

TE - Engram and Ertz

D - 

K - Blankenship 

Love my QB combo. Herbert should have consistent numbers and Tua should throw in a couple big weeks when he has a rushing TD or two. 

Solid RB core especially if Saquon can bounce back and be my RB1. Davis should get a chance to produce since he doesn't have a lot competition. Robinson hopefully has a solid role, especially with the sounds of Etienne working a lot as a receiver. 

Feel thin at WR. Love Diggs and Chase but there is always trepidation with rookie WR. Parker and Davis can be solid contributors as WR3 and 4.

TE is a definite weakness. Got into the gane late at the position. 

Solid team but really light on potential playoff points IMO. 

I know there's no PPR he still will get a lot of yards if he has a lot of receptions.

Tom Brady had Tampa try to sign James White because Jones and Fournette are the sux as receiving RB.

Meanwhile Giovanni Bernard doesnt.

So we will see.

As far as points? We are talking about a pick way past the top 100 here. I dont need him to score a ton, just some points.
Yeah, I guess. Maybe Gio works out, but consider:

You took him as RB46. He ranked 37th last year with 171 touches. I don't see him getting anywhere near that amount if Jones and Fournette are mostly healthy all season. The two prior years, Gio scored 40 points and 60 points and ranked 75th and 63rd. Maybe he will get some extra games in TB, but I would be shocked if he came close to 124 carries again. To each his own on who we each want to draft. We can revisit after the season if Gio was really an asset in non-PPR leagues.

Yeah, I guess. Maybe Gio works out, but consider:

You took him as RB46. He ranked 37th last year with 171 touches. I don't see him getting anywhere near that amount if Jones and Fournette are mostly healthy all season. The two prior years, Gio scored 40 points and 60 points and ranked 75th and 63rd. Maybe he will get some extra games in TB, but I would be shocked if he came close to 124 carries again. To each his own on who we each want to draft. We can revisit after the season if Gio was really an asset in non-PPR leagues.
You say this like Ronald Jones or Fournette are great players with entrenched roles in the offense.

I don't really think either of them is better than Bernard. I do really think that Bernard is the best receiving RB they have.

Its the yards from receptions that I care about here and the potential for extra games as well.

But yeah I mean I am scraping the barrel here. None of my RB in this league are sure things. 

For @Anarchy99 

• What a practice for Giovani Bernard. He picked up Devin White twice in pass protection, eliminating blitzes to give Brady time to throw. The veteran also caught everything thrown his way, including a couple screen passes and a pass from Brady for a touchdown in 7-on-7. Bernard’s ability to flex outside and run routes will be something to look for this season. He’s been featured more and more as camp has gone on. The Bucs are thrilled about what he brings to the team. LINK
Yep nothing to see here. These are not the droids your looking for.

Come on pal its me. I knew stuff.

Is there a reason some people never use the pre-draft feature?
yep....depending on how far out you are:

positional run leading up to your pick may make you want to switch directions

injury in training camp at any moment can make one guy undraftable and another guy who you didn't put on your list a steal....

if you are within sniffing distance of a turn, the roster make up of the guys around you and their picks can influence which direction you go

let's say you needed a PK and before the Lutz news you had him on your predraft and then bam...you get him....no bueno

thats why the ultimate tool that should be used in these is the text notification of when you are OTC....priceless

I was amazed that starting TE were still available this late in the draft so I filled my flex with Will Dissly.

There is still another starting TE still out there as well on a worse team.

I guess starter is the word that threw me.....more pt/snaps,/targets/receptions/yards/td's then the other guy....?...or are we just going with what some depth chart somewhere currently says...
Yeah you are right I likely shouldnt consider him a starter over Everett.

eta  Maybe I should have taken the other guy I was looking at. I did forget about Everett when taking Dissly.

Last edited by a moderator:
QB - Tampa, NY Jets: Didn't mean to get stuck with the Jets....that will smart.

RB - Edwards, RoJo, Penny, Singletary: Gotta be the worst in the league.  That said, I invested next to nothing and all should see touches on teams that should contend.

WR - Anderson, Brown, Evans, Gallup, Kirk, Kupp:  Outside of Anderson all have playoff potential.  I hindsight I should have skipped on Brown for a better QB.  Expecting a lot of pts from this group.

TE - Kelce, Thomas:  Best in the league and playoff potential.

K - Gay, Hopkins: Let's hope they stick.

D - Buffalo, Chicago:  They should play every week.

A lot of eggs in Tampa...4 to be exact.  

I screwed up on my pick just now and needed to take a K or D. Can you change my John Brown pick to NY Giants D

After taking a look at your roster, I can see why you wanted to be done as quickly as possible. A bunch of has been's, never were's, and never will be's. Does your QB have grandchildren in the league yet? And what has he ever done? Total bum.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

QB. Clev, Pitt. Solid duo here for waiting here. Both are strong playoff contenders. 1 should be there

RB. Zek. Dallas my East fav. Expect big rebound from Zek on great O. Jones another playoff guy. Strong #2 RB. Moss another contender for playoffs. Ollisson role of the dice but Mike Davis is not much and they will check out young guys after out of hunt. This is very good RB core

WR. Woods, Beckham, Samuel, Lazard, Perriman, Green. I really like this core also. 5 are playoff contenders. Perriman has chance to be #1 WR in Detroit who will get garbage points. 

TE. Giescki. Hurst. Both are solid. Only 1 has playoff smell but Hurst is sneaky. I expect Pitts to be more WR instead. In fact, I fear those who drafted as TE in dynasty could be in for shock down the line when Pitts moves to WR. This unit will do considering my other 3 are above average

D. Dall, SF. Playoff contenders. I think SF rebounds this year and Dallas will be better with Micah added.Another solid duo

pK. McManus, McCann. Denver is outside chance for playoffs. I like chances. McCann was most interesting pick for me. Wanted McPherson but sniped. But had to research all the PK. He has looked fantastic so far. I don’t think Ficken presents issue. Titans are playoff contender also. Might have been saved by snipe. The guy out there that scares me though is Borregelas in Miami. He will be cut and end up somewhere. The rest of the PK drafted afterwards all have big warts. 

Really like the makeup of this team. Feel if staying close, could have lots of playoff hopefuls which was thought process in beginning. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh what could have been.  Nothing worst than sitting in first knowing that the sand is draining from the hour glass.  Edwards was a donut.  Gallup, Thomas, and Brown need to get back soon.

Boom...First person done drafting in Anarchy this year!!!!

After taking a look at your roster, I can see why you wanted to be done as quickly as possible. A bunch of has been's, never were's, and never will be's. Does your QB have grandchildren in the league yet? And what has he ever done? Total bum.

Speaking of being done quickly as possible....

330 point lead with just a little ammo left

Granddad total bum QB

Ronald Jones

Singletary

Mike Evans

Cooper Kupp

Travis Kelce

Matt Gay

Bills D

Even spotted you Gus Edwards at the beginning to try to make it competitive

Users who are viewing this thread