What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Indianapolis Colts (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Did a search and didn't see a season thread for the Colts.

I feel good about the way they are playing right now and a win against the Bucs to more to 7-5 will make me feel real good.

I actually feel real they have a great chance this week to beat Tampa Bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
They got the recipe to win Super Bowls. Elite rb, stingy front 7, and wentz not making as many mistakes but can air it out to their alpha if needed

only thing in their way is reich and wentz if they #### up 

They got the recipe to win Super Bowls. Elite rb, stingy front 7, and wentz not making as many mistakes but can air it out to their alpha if needed

only thing in their way is reich and wentz if they #### up 
As long as Wentz quits thinking he's Patrick Mahomes with the underhanded passes he will be fine, but he sometimes looks stupid out there.

Edited to add that Reich sometimes gets away from what was working earlier in the game.

Edited a second time to add I wish they had the Bucs WRs.  Pittman is good, but not enough and their TEs are suspect.  However, I do think Granson has a good future, but just not this year.

I didn't see any 2022 Colts thread. Maybe there aren't many Colts fans here. I'm really fascinated with what they are going to do with their ~$70mm in space.

I didn't see any 2022 Colts thread. Maybe there aren't many Colts fans here. I'm really fascinated with what they are going to do with their ~$70mm in space.
Considering this is the 2021 thread and your post was 25% of the thread (soon to be 20%), I’d say there aren’t many Colts fans here.

Not a Colts fan but Im interested in the direction they go - very solid team that just cant solve the QB hole.  Shipping out Wentz without a plan B on the team was pretty bold.  

Not a Colts fan but Im interested in the direction they go - very solid team that just cant solve the QB hole.  Shipping out Wentz without a plan B on the team was pretty bold.  
The problem they have is the Free Agent market is pretty light on QBs and they are light on draft capital. Packers probably want a 2nd rounder for Love. The Falcons paying Matt Ryan almost $50mm this year really sticks out. That is a team that should be trying to get the best pick possible.

Taking a flyer on a running QB like Mariotta (Kaepernick workout videos were being shared again recently too) could be interesting. A RPO with Taylor and Hines would be difficult to stop.

Desert_Power said:
The problem they have is the Free Agent market is pretty light on QBs and they are light on draft capital. Packers probably want a 2nd rounder for Love. The Falcons paying Matt Ryan almost $50mm this year really sticks out. That is a team that should be trying to get the best pick possible.

Taking a flyer on a running QB like Mariotta (Kaepernick workout videos were being shared again recently too) could be interesting. A RPO with Taylor and Hines would be difficult to stop.
Not sure what the cap ramifications or if it would ultimately prove to be more “rearranging the chairs on the deck of the Titanic” but Matt Ryan is interesting. Falcons aren’t winning with him.

Too many AFC teams that are still clearly better (Bills, Chiefs, Titans, Bengals) and others that are at least as good (Chargers, Raiders, Patriots, Browns, Ravens).  Throw in Miami, Pittsburgh and Denver as 'who knows what could happen' and adding Ryan feels like the absolute best case is a 10 or 11 win season, second in the AFC South and a wild card loss.

I think most Colts fans are happy with the trade. More for what we gave up than what we got. Got to hand it to Ballard for getting more from trading Wentz than acquiring Ryan. He seems a fairly safe pair of hands that will give the Colts the time to find a long-term solution, its clearly a 2 year gig.

A 10-7 season seems very achievable. Will that be enough to get into the playoffs? Hard to say. I guess it depends on how quickly all these traded QBs fit into their new surroundings - Colts, Browns, Broncos, Steelers etc. Will the other playoff bubble teams be better or worse than last year - Ravens, Pats, Chargers, Dolphins?

All I know is its going to be a hell-of-a-season. With the exception of the Jets, Texans and Jaguars, every AFC team will harbour genuine playoff hopes. 

Too many AFC teams that are still clearly better (Bills, Chiefs, Titans, Bengals) and others that are at least as good (Chargers, Raiders, Patriots, Browns, Ravens).  Throw in Miami, Pittsburgh and Denver as 'who knows what could happen' and adding Ryan feels like the absolute best case is a 10 or 11 win season, second in the AFC South and a wild card loss.
I guess it's a bit in the eye of the beholder. I don't have the Bengals and Titans as clearly better. I do think the Ravens are, but they didn't even make the playoffs with all their injuries last season. Going to be a really fun season to watch.

Which is crazier to think is a colt in 2023 - Derek carr or Jim harbaugh?
I think the Colts are tired of reject QBs. I hope they get either Stroud or Young. I believe Irsay will go after Jim Harbaugh and if that means Ballard has to go, he will. I would like to see Ballard stay.

Colts homers: there’s a little talk (read: speculation) on sports radio that Harbaugh could be lured to coach the Colts next year — assuming that’s true (and assuming he’d be ok with Irsay as his owner):

(1) Would you even want Harbaugh there?

(2) What would be your opinion on the Colts trading down in the first (for a lot) and land with Stanford QB T. McKee (does Harbaugh still even have Stanford ties)? McKee apparently was in no way helped at the Stanford QB position — any opinion on his pro outlook?

(3) IF the above assumptions end up coming to fruition, what positions would you want to focus upon (outside of QB) with picks acquired from a trade down?

Last edited:
1) I would want Harbaugh here
2) If Young or Stroud are not there at 4 (Don't think they would be with trade ups) I would want a trade down and get a lower tier QB such as McKee, Richardson, nothing. I like next years QB class so would be fine waiting if Young or Stroud are not there. Also noted I don't want to trade the farm to get to 1 or 2
3) I would want to focus on OL, WR, Edge

Last edited:
2) If Love or Stroud are not there at 4 (Don't think they would be with trade ups) I would want a trade down and get a lower tier QB such as McKee, Richardson, nothing. I like next years QB class so would be fine waiting if Love or Stroud are not there. Also noted I don't want to trade the farm to get to 1 or 2
Love? You mean Young? Or perhaps they could trade for Love. He looked good the last time I saw him play. I also wouldn't give the farm to move up to 1.1 or 1.2, since they have other options. Robbing Peter to pay Paul isn't usually a good solution, especially considering how many QBs flop. I for sure don't want Levis or Richardson. I'd rather have Carr for nothing.

Don't expect Ballard moving up to go after Young or Stroud. If one falls, fine. I'm not sure either is such a "can't miss" player that the Colts would deal away future assets for one of them. Of course, it also comes down to how involved Irsay wants to be and what his thoughts are. Smart Irsay trusts his GM or gets one that he can - and then listens to them. Not sure that being smart is really driving decisions with Irsay and the team these days.

2) If Love or Stroud are not there at 4 (Don't think they would be with trade ups) I would want a trade down and get a lower tier QB such as McKee, Richardson, nothing. I like next years QB class so would be fine waiting if Love or Stroud are not there. Also noted I don't want to trade the farm to get to 1 or 2
Love? You mean Young? Or perhaps they could trade for Love. He looked good the last time I saw him play. I also wouldn't give the farm to move up to 1.1 or 1.2, since they have other options. Robbing Peter to pay Paul isn't usually a good solution, especially considering how many QBs flop. I for sure don't want Levis or Richardson. I'd rather have Carr for nothing.
Yes, I keep doing that for some reason. Getting Young mixed up with Love.

Don't expect Ballard moving up to go after Young or Stroud. If one falls, fine. I'm not sure either is such a "can't miss" player that the Colts would deal away future assets for one of them. Of course, it also comes down to how involved Irsay wants to be and what his thoughts are. Smart Irsay trusts his GM or gets one that he can - and then listens to them. Not sure that being smart is really driving decisions with Irsay and the team these days.
Well, he did hire Bill Polian, Tony Dungy and draft Peyton Manning, so there is that.

and Grigson and Pagano. No need to go back and forth with hits and misses. Irsay's needs to hire football people and then stay out of way.

Users who are viewing this thread