What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 IDP Stashes (1 Viewer)

I don't think they picked Cross to play in the box. He was a short term hedge in case Blackmon's recovery hit a speed bump and potentially a cost controlled replacement. 

I think they're going to look for someone with a box skillset. Landon Collins?

I don't think they picked Cross to play in the box. He was a short term hedge in case Blackmon's recovery hit a speed bump and potentially a cost controlled replacement. 

I think they're going to look for someone with a box skillset. Landon Collins?
I was thinking the same thing on Collins, I guess it depends on his injury recovery and does he want to be paid like years past though.. 

Sendejo started 10 games for them last year and is a UFA so maybe a cheaper option as well although he is 6 years older than Collins.

Anyone holding Yetur Gross-Matos? 2nd round pick in 2020. Week 14 last year he had 2.5 sacks against Buffalo but only played 41% of the snaps. He is now a starter this season.

Anyone holding Yetur Gross-Matos? 2nd round pick in 2020. Week 14 last year he had 2.5 sacks against Buffalo but only played 41% of the snaps. He is now a starter this season.
He may 'start,' but I am increasingly skeptical he'll ever get enough snaps to be a consistent starter in our game. I jumped ship last year. Barring injury I think he maxes out as a 55-60% snap share guy and even with injury fueled snaps isn't more than a DE2.5 type. 

YGM is cheap and got a 'DT' designation on ESPN. That made me a buyer there. I thought he started to look like he belonged late last year. He makes sense as a strong-side end opposite Brian Burns at LEO. Even on MFL, where too few players are tagged 'DE', I think he's worth a flyer. Yes, he'll lose some snaps too a speed rusher in obvious pass situations, but I'm not prepared to say that Frank Luvu and Marquise Haynes are keeping him off the field.

rockaction said:
Damn, you guys publicly announced what I just did in my league and beat me to it by hours. Sure wish I'd bid on him when I wanted to about a week ago. 
I bet you are even wishing harder that you bid on him last week.......

Priority stash - Jacob Phillips, probability may be low but there is a very clear path 
Will Jacob Phillips finally make an impact at linebacker? Key questions for 2022

...There have been signs this offseason that Phillips is headed for a more significant role for the Browns. As the offense focused on passing during OTAs and minicamp, Phillips was often paired with Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah in first-team reps in nickel packages during 7-on-7 sessions...

...A biceps injury cost Phillips the first three months of last season. He finally got on the field in Week 14 and earned PFF defensive grades below 60 in his first three games. PFF has designated 60 as the cutoff grade for backup level play. Anything below is replacement level.

Phillips played better in Week 18 against the Bengals, earning a 76.9 grade in 46 snaps, a season high and the second most of his career.

But even when combining those four games with his 2020 performance, it’s quite a small sample size for trying to understand what Phillips might do in 2022...

...tackling proved to be Phillips’ strong point last season. He finished with a PFF grade of 72.5, which was boosted by good games against the Steelers and Bengals to close out the season.

Another building block was Phillips’ coverage grade last season – 69.5. He was above 60 in three of his four games and held opposing quarterbacks to passer ratings below 90 in three of the four games.

The Browns have more answers at linebacker than when Phillips was drafted. Owusu-Koramoah is a big part of that. Takitaki has settled into his role as a run stopper.

Phillips enters his third year still trying to be the final piece of the Browns’ linebacker puzzle.

Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_

Grant Delpit should be 100% recovered from his Achilles' injury suffered his rookie year. Should look good.

He's got superstar talent.

-----------------------------

He was ranked as the top DB and a top-ten talent before the draft.  The injury set him back a full year so last year he was 'basically' a rookie trying to learn as Woods was trying to find 'roles' for JOK early-on.  By the time Grant came back 'somewhat' healthy he had to work through rust and figure things out.

He looked a lot like JOK and they are predicting big things for JOK this year.  Grant has flown under the  radar IMHO.  

Projecting upside, he 'could' be a steal this year.
Excitement Around Browns Safety Grant Delpit Grows

Hearing some Malcolm Rodriguez DET LB hype - getting some time with the first team, might be ahead of Barnes.

Hearing some Malcolm Rodriguez DET LB hype - getting some time with the first team, might be ahead of Barnes.

Any sources?
Awesome thanks

Any sources?
Awesome thanks
He looked awful and was "replaced" by Board. May have been a planned rotation but Rodriguez looked lost. I like him long-term but he has a ways to go. Get him for free mid-season.

Users who are viewing this thread