What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 12 Team Dynasty 3 Round Mock Draft PPR start 1QB (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
I look for the 2023 dynasty draft to look something like this for a 12 team PPR  start 1QB league 3 round mock.

1.01 Bijan Robinson RB Texas

1.02 Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR OSU

1.03 Kayshon Boutte WR LSU

1.04 Jahmer Gibbs RB Alabama (transfer portal)

1.05 Zach Evans RB Ole Miss (transfer portal)

1.06 Jordan Addison WR USC (transfer portal)

1.07 C J Stroud QB OSU

1.08 Michael Mayer TE ND

1.09 Quentin Johnston WR TCU

1.10 Sean Tucker RB Syracuse

1.11 Bryce Young QB Alabama

1.12 Josh Downs WR UNC

2.01 Tank Bigsby RB Auburn

2.02 Jermaine Burton WR Alabama

2.03 Parker Washington WR Penn St.

2.04 Anthony Richardson QB Florida 

2.05 Marvin Mims WR Oklahoma 

2.06 Blake Corum RB Michigan

2.07 Jase McClellan RB Alabama 

2.08 Arik Gilbert TE Georgia 

2.09 Rakim Jarrett WR Maryland 

2.10 Spencer Rattler QB South Carolina 

2.11 Kendall Milton RB Georgia 

2.12 Deuce Vaughn RB Kansas St.

3.01 Zach Charbonnet RB UCLA

3.02 Cedric Tillman WR Tennessee

3.03 Will Levis QB Kentucky (could stay another year NIL deal)

3.04 Dontay Demus WR Maryland 

3.05 Devon Achane RB Texas AM

3.06 Tavion Thomas RB Utah

3.07 Kanata Mumpfield WR Pittsburgh (redshirt sophomore)

3.08 Jayden Reed WR Michigan St.

3.09 Travis Dye RB USC

3.10 Rasheen Ali RB Marshall

3.11 Benjamin Yurosek TE Stanford

3.12 Chris Rodriguez RB Kentucky (probably day 3 selection or UDFA but I’m a UK fan :)  )

UPDATE FOR TIERS

Robinson

JSN, Boutte, Gibbs

Evans

Addison, Stroud, Mayer, Johnson, Tucker, Young

Downs

the rest

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously there’s (virtually) zero % chance of this being accurate. But appreciate the insight into whom to watch. 
where do you see the tier breaks right now? 

Obviously there’s (virtually) zero % chance of this being accurate. But appreciate the insight into whom to watch. 
where do you see the tier breaks right now? 
Robinson

JSN, Boutte, Gibbs

Evans

Addison, Stroud, Mayer, Johnson, Tucker, Young

Downs

the rest

I assume this is schtick in that the NEXT year is always the best year :)  
Yep. 

But in all seriousness, analysts have been saying to watch out for older guys and guys with low draft capital at RB. They're going to be replaced by the 2023 guys, apparently. 

I assume this is schtick in that the NEXT year is always the best year :)  
I agree that fantasy folks almost always think this, but the purpose of this thread is get a good idea what 2023 dynasty, PPR, start 1qb drafts, will look like (at least the first two rounds) to make judgements on the 2023 picks they have either already obtained, or may trade for.

JohnnyU said:
I agree that fantasy folks almost always think this, but the purpose of this thread is get a good idea what 2023 dynasty, PPR, start 1qb drafts, will look like (at least the first two rounds) to make judgements on the 2023 picks they have either already obtained, or may trade for.
Thanks for this thread and the effort you put in. I don’t follow college football at all so it’s just nice to see these names and start getting used to hearing them. 
We get the purpose of this thread. He just made a joke and I replied to it. No biggie :)  

I’ll be very interested in seeing dynasty drafts next year and compare to this mock.  I’m sure there will be some humor attached to it, but I expect to be pleased with some of it, especially the first round.

I’ll be very interested in seeing dynasty drafts next year and compare to this mock.  I’m sure there will be some humor attached to it, but I expect to be pleased with some of it, especially the first round.
Thanks for putting this out. It will be interesting to see if this class lives up to its hype.

Mock drafts like these are just too situationally fluid for me to take too much stake in these things.

Robinson

JSN

Boutte, Evans, Gibbs for me

I could definitely see a situation where Evans, Gibbs end up in a more friendly location and get drafted before JSN due to positional scarcity.  

Mock drafts like these are just too situationally fluid for me to take too much stake in these things.

Robinson

JSN

Boutte, Evans, Gibbs for me

I could definitely see a situation where Evans, Gibbs end up in a more friendly location and get drafted before JSN due to positional scarcity.  
Perhaps but I'm pretty confident on the top 5, you choose the order, but I'm sure Robinson will be 1.01 and either JSN, Boutte, or Gibbs will be 1.02.  The tiers I gave are how I see it pre-NFL-dsraft.

Perhaps but I'm pretty confident on the top 5, you choose the order, but I'm sure Robinson will be 1.01 and either JSN, Boutte, or Gibbs will be 1.02.  The tiers I gave are how I see it pre-NFL-dsraft.
I agree with your top 5.  The top 13 get a little murky though.  Bigsby and Tucker could sneak into that top 8 with another decent year being taken by a decent team.  Bijan is a cut above the rest and will remain there barring anything catastrophic: Evans and Gibbs seem to be the next tier of RBs and Tucker, Bigsby are close behind.  

I agree with your top 5.  The top 13 get a little murky though.  Bigsby and Tucker could sneak into that top 8 with another decent year being taken by a decent team.  Bijan is a cut above the rest and will remain there barring anything catastrophic: Evans and Gibbs seem to be the next tier of RBs and Tucker, Bigsby are close behind.  
Bigsby was a real disappointment last year, so there that to make up.  I still have have him at 2.01.   Few runners would consider rushing for 1,000 yards in the SEC a disappointment but the Tigers back ended last season on a sour note and decided to dip his toes in the transfer portal.

UPDATE:  Bigsby decided to stay at Auburn.

To be honest I never was a Bigsby truther, but if he can have a big year he will help his draft stock.  Great name however.

Nice job JohnnyU and a worthwhile exercise IMO.  Now is the best time to pick up / reposition for the 23 draft.  We knew during the 2018 season that the 2020 draft had a chance to be special. During the 19th draft, I moved a 2nd round choice to one of our teams who always thinks this is his year.  I asked him for his 1 in 20 and that turned into 1.02.  Thanks to the 1.01 being used for CEH and Jonathan Taylor became a Plowboy. 

Trade away an asset you might not necessarily want to that team in our league for future considerations. Or in a draft where you can make an argument that 1.02 through 1.07 are really close, trade down for the right to swap ones next year or get that 2 that can be used for leverage.  I've got the 1.04 from a deal I made mid season last year.  If the player I want (Wilson btw) isn't there when I'm on the clock, I may move down a couple and see what that brings me for future use.  However you use play if, it's helpful to have an idea on what's out there for next year.  

As a guy that watches Texas almost every week, Bijan is the real deal.  Health is the only factor that keeps him from being an elite NFL 3 down back.  Best current comp to me is Najee Harris but receiving skills are more advanced.  

I believe a good move this year is to try and move RBs on your team that might come into immediate value due to injury and you know they won't have long term value, for 2023 picks.  Don't be fooled by their current value, knowing they weren't highly regarded by the NFL.  There's a reason why they are day 3 picks or UDFA.   The same could be true for moving WRs, QBs, or TEs that have value in 2022 and won't have long term value for your dynasty team.  Try to move them for lower 2023 picks.  These are harder to move, but not impossible, especially if you offer a player and a 2023 pick to for a higher 2023 picks.

Bump for discussion on these players. Did I leave off some obvious players that will be drafted in the first three rounds? I‘m sure some may go back to school for 2024.

Users who are viewing this thread