What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 OFFENSE/DEFENSE Contest - Week 1 (1 Viewer)

TheWinz

Footballguy
Back for another year, I will be continuing what was started well before me.

Reminder of how this game works. Each week you pick one offense and one defense. Your score for that week will be your offense score minus your defense score. There are no stipulations that you must pick a different offense/defense during a week (ie. you can pick KC offense and KC defense in same week) as long as your selected team is still available to you. You can get a negative score for a week. You are only allowed to use an offense or defense one time during the season.

Each week I will post the yearly running totals. I will post a weekly thread before the Thursday game(s). I will also try to bump the weekly post regularly and tag any regular player that hasn't submitted teams for that week by Saturday.

If you update your picks during the week, create a new post and indicate it is an update. I cannot guarantee that I will see an edited post if you don't give some sort of notice.

The winner will be the player with highest cumulative score after NFL week 18. In the event of a tie after week 18, the player with the highest individual weekly score will be declared the winner. 2nd tie breaker will be highest individual weekly offense score. 3rd tie breaker will be lowest individual weekly defense score. 4th tie breaker will be a virtual 1000 sided dice roll, with highest roll declared the winner.

Prizes will be awarded for 1st and 2nd place, in the form of a care package. I will cover shipping costs of prizes, but will be limited to the 50 US states only.

Please make your post in some form that makes it easy to determine your selections each week. Good luck, and game on!

USED:

Offense:
Defense:

Week 1:
OFFENSE: Washington Commanders

DEFENSE: Washington Commanders

Last year I got called out for this but I expect to break this out until it isn't an option. Accept it and move on.

O: Whoever is playing Arizona (Washington)
D: Whoever is playing Arizona (Washington)

USED:

Offense:
Defense:

Week 1:

Last year I got called out for this but I expect to break this out until it isn't an option. Accept it and move on.

Lame and Boring.

Have some fun with this and use some creative intelligence instead of just "sure I'll just hope this one team loses by a lot" :sleep::sleep::sleep:

No I will not move on :P

USED:

Offense:
Defense:

Week 1:

Lame and Boring.

Have some fun with this and use some creative intelligence instead of just "sure I'll just hope this one team loses by a lot" :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Sure thing, Van Gogh.

USED:

Offense:
Defense:

Week 1:

Lame and Boring.

Sure thing, Van Gogh.
You're the guy who orders Vanilla at Baskin Robbins.

USED:

Offense:
Defense:

Week 1:

Lame and Boring.

Sure thing, Van Gogh.
You're the guy who orders Vanilla at Baskin Robbins.
There is a reason vanilla and chocolate are available year round and not seasonal flavors.

Enjoy your pumpkin spice ice cream.

Last edited:
I did this years ago for years and it was great... back at it this year...
Used:
O:
D:
Week 1 O: Minnesota
Week 1 D: Washington

As an aside, I'd like to propose that this year's winner gets to choose whether or not you can choose the same team on O and D in a week for 2024.

Since it comes up a lot, let the champ decide for a year. I have no problem with it and I do it at times, but I also finish near the bottom so it hasn't done much for me.

Okay @Deamon convinced me (as did Washington's schedule.

Change my pick:

Used: nobody

Week 1:
Offense: Baltimore
Defense: Washington

Anyway if ya really wanted to up the challenge you'd add that you can also only go against a team once. Though of course that is twice the stuff to track :loco: and we shouldn't do that to @TheWinz :lmao:

Though I will ask Winz to break me out of Deamonjail and let him know. ;)

-QG

Change my pick:

Week 1:

Anyway if ya really wanted to up the challenge you'd add that you can also only go against a team once. Though of course that is twice the stuff to track :loco: and we shouldn't do that to @TheWinz :lmao:

-QG
Haha was kidding, didn't put you on ignore.

But holy ****, I am so proud of you.

Well done QG, well done.

Change my pick:

Week 1:

-QG

Well done QG, well done.

Now ya gotta do the 2-way no repeat @Deamon ;). (jk)

-QG

If I am having my usual awful performance at the start I may do that for fun to see how to pans out.

-QG

Change my pick:

Week 1:

-QG

Well done QG, well done.

Now ya gotta do the 2-way no repeat @Deamon ;). (jk)

-QG
haha that's too difficult to track. But I'll attempt to use some skill by finding a good offense and a good defense each week :P

Users who are viewing this thread