What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers. Banged up team loses to Buffalo. Looking ahead to 2024 now (1 Viewer)

Well he is owner but my understanding is they all work together to slot each and every player and on draft day they pretty much know what they are going to do, especially for round one. 

I guess we'll see tonight
My information is 3rd hand, but it was damn accurate last year, so I believe it for the most part.  If we draft a QB in the first, it won't be on Colbert and Tomlin if he doesn't work out.

They also have Pickens as a 1st round grade.  

If they can get Davis, Stingley, or Hamilton in the first and then Leal or Pickens in the second, I think everyone is happy.  Maybe Strong slips to the third?

Grid71 said:
Yuck!  If true, I sincerely hope the Steelers find a partner to trade back and pick up and extra first next year.  That or get real lucky with a player like Williamson, Hamilton or Stingley slipping into their lap. 

ETA: make mine Ridder or punt the position to next year
punt!

steeler6 said:
NFL Rumors 

@nflrums

#Steelers have talked to #Giants and #Panthers about moving up. There has been a lot of homework the team has done on Malik Willis. #NFLDraft

Hope this is B.S. 
Oh jeese, everyone talks.  Nothing to get excited about but the teams they spoke with sit in interesting spots on the board, ahead of QB needy teams.

Another 'rumor', check out the number.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Steelers Depot 

@Steelersdepot

Bill Barnwell Predicts Steelers Will Sign Diontae Johnson To 4-Year, $98 Million Extension https://steelersdepot.com/2022/04/bill-barnwell-predicts-steelers-will-sign-diontae-johnson-to-4-year-98-million-extension/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter… #Steelers

Godsbrother said:
Here is my shot at a Steelers mock.   I doubt I get any of these right but what the hell:

1st (20):  Jordan Davis, DL, Georgia
2nd (52):  Jalen Tolbert,  WR, South Alabama
3rd (84):  Nick Cross, S, Maryland
4th (134): Darian Kinnard, OT, Kentucky
6th (208): James Skalski, LB, Clemson
7th (225): Leddie Brown, RB, WVU
7th (241): Javon Heiligh, WR, Coastal Carolina
I have the same 1st & 3rd round picks. Skyy Moore in round 2

Maybe they want to trade up for a real lockdown CB, or think Hamilton and Minkah at the safety spots would intercept Jackson like 6 times next year.    I dont think they are even considering QB, maybe Strong later in 3rd-4th rd just for depth.

Or, maybe, Detroit takes Willis and then this is all moot.

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be a disaster.
Ya never know.

I like the kid, have all through the process.

HUGE upside.

From a few hours ago, matches the chatter.

2022 NFL mock draft: Billy Riccette's final 1st-round predictive mock

6) Pittsburgh Steelers (proj. trade with CAR) – Malik Willis, QB, Liberty

The Panthers probably would love to trade down. They have no picks in the second or third round. The Steelers send No. 52 this year and their first next year to come up from 20 and get the guy everyone feels they’ve been in love with since the Senior Bowl.

Ya never know.

I like the kid, have all through the process.

HUGE upside.

From a few hours ago, matches the chatter.

2022 NFL mock draft: Billy Riccette's final 1st-round predictive mock

6) Pittsburgh Steelers (proj. trade with CAR) – Malik Willis, QB, Liberty

The Panthers probably would love to trade down. They have no picks in the second or third round. The Steelers send No. 52 this year and their first next year to come up from 20 and get the guy everyone feels they’ve been in love with since the Senior Bowl.

I don't put any stock in the chatter but if comes to pass then the Steelers better be right about Willis becoming the next franchise QB.

If he doesn't pan out then it is a disaster because by taking a QB you are basically giving up on 2022 and it will take a couple of years before you realized you screwed up if he stinks. 

Not a good way for Colbert to leave the franchise for the next GM.

Godsbrother said:
Here is my shot at a Steelers mock.   I doubt I get any of these right but what the hell:

1st (20):  Jordan Davis, DL, Georgia
2nd (52):  Jalen Tolbert,  WR, South Alabama
3rd (84):  Nick Cross, S, Maryland
4th (134): Darian Kinnard, OT, Kentucky
6th (208): James Skalski, LB, Clemson
7th (225): Leddie Brown, RB, WVU
7th (241): Javon Heiligh, WR, Coastal Carolina
This is pretty much my ideal draft. I think he'll be gone in the first 40 picks, but if Pickens in there at 52 that would be my ideal. Idk about those 2 7th round guys, but they're 7th round fliers and we need a RB and more WRs. Pickens reminds me of Juju where early in his career everyone raved about him, and then for reasons (QB issues / Injuries) they didn't maintain their high stock, but his talent when healthy is legit. 

The rumors and "news" is flying furiously at this point, the first round seems like the biggest crapshoot it's been in ages. I think the Steelers first round pick is Davis if he makes it past the Vikings/Ravens/Eagles, then Hamilton, then Willis. If they're all gone, then Pickett, Georgia LB or Daxton Hill. I don't think the Steelers trade up past 12, and if they do trade up past 17 I think it's for a defensive player. If they trade up to 17 or 18 I think it's for a QB. 

Also, would not be shocked if top 2 CBs, Hamilton, Davis, 2-3 WRs, etc are gone at 20 and we trade down, maybe with KC for their 1st and 2nd so KC can move up for a WR and we will get a player at 29 with similar value to what we'd get at 20. IMO Pickett is there at 29 if we don't take him at 20...

He could probably go at pick 32 or early 2nd, but if Corral is there at 52 I would be surprised if we didn't take him. David Carr was talking to his old QB coach, current Steelers QB Coach Mike Sullivan who said he liked his game. 

OK.  Posting two mocks with out trades, based on some rankings I am hearing.  This violates the Colbert/Tomlin meeting in the first round rule though -- but not picking up Bush's 5th year is telling:  First mock is no QB in first.  Second is QB in first:

NO QB 1st:

20.  Devin Lloyd - LB, Utah

52.  DeMarvin Leal - DE, TAM

84.  Justyn Ross - WR, Clemson

138. Cordell Volson - OT, North Dakota St.

208.  Damarion Williams - CB, Houston

235.  Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa - Edge, Notre Dame

241.  Chris Oladokun - QB, South Dakota St.

QB 1st:

20.  Kenny Pickett, QB - Pitt

52.  DeMarvin Leal - DE, TAM

84.  Coby Bryant - CB, Cinci

138. Danny Gray - WR, SMU

208.  Josh Ross - LB, Michigan

235. Bam Olaseni - OT, Utah

241.  Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa - Edge, Notre Dame

Other potential 1st round picks:  Kaiir Elam, Kenyon Green, or WR.  I don't love those mocks though.

Other potential 1st round picks:  Kaiir Elam, Kenyon Green, or WR.  I don't love those mocks though.
What about Daxton Hill with the Michigan Pro-day, the versatility, Sutton's expiring contract/need for slot coverage? I think he could/should got a bit later, but not too much of a reach. 

What about Daxton Hill with the Michigan Pro-day, the versatility, Sutton's expiring contract/need for slot coverage? I think he could/should got a bit later, but not too much of a reach. 
I was thinking the same thing, but apparently not in the mix based on what I have seen/been told third hand.  But who knows.

I have heard the Steelers love Hill.  It wouldn't shock me if they went this direction if Davis is gone

You are happy to reach for a slot corner, but you are worked up about reaching fir a QB?
Yeah, we've gone through this many times. IMO the QBs are not quality starters and never will be. I would much rather draft a player I view as a quality starter than a bust QB. I get that QBs inherently have a higher upside than any other position, but the game tape that I watched convinced me that the top 5 QBs in this class will never be top 16 QBs in the league. If we already have a mediocre QB on the team, why draft another? 

Was my stance, is my stance, and will remain my stance.

If the Steelers draft a QB early, I'll just hope I'm wrong and root for them as hard as I can and try to be optimistic for the future of the franchise. If they're a bust after 2-3 years I'll say I told you so, and if they're amazing then I'll eat crow and say I was wrong. 

Avoiding QB this year.   Sign Fitzmagic for depth, and a undrafted FA too.

Linderbaum - went back to 29 and added pick 62 from KC(not sure thats great value or not)
Tolbert - need a quality WR
Coby Bryant - IDK why he isnt being considered higher, teams threw at him and he showed up, unlike spaghetti Sauce.
Petit-Frere or Rasheed Walker - Run blocking RT

Get an OL in place for Jurkovec next years QB pick for Steelers.

i just did this on that PFN sim.   Those arent that accurate IMO after rd 1-2 but still.

Linderbaum - went back to 29 and added pick 62 from KC(not sure thats great value or not)
Coby Bryant - IDK why he isnt being considered higher, teams threw at him and he showed up, unlike spaghetti Sauce.

i just did this on that PFN sim.   Those arent that accurate IMO after rd 1-2 but still.

this has been the most realistic mock draft tool IMO:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

Avoiding QB this year.   Sign Fitzmagic for depth, and a undrafted FA too.

If they trade back, KC might make the most sense if they want to get ahead of GB to get the receiver they want. 

If the first round had all of the defenders and WRs go ahead of 20 and they don't want a QB in the first. 

20. Kenyon Green-IOL, Texas A&M

52.George Pickens -WR, Georgia

84. Sam Williams - EDGE, Ole Miss

138. Carson Strong - QB, Nevada

208. Amari Carter - S, Miami

225. Aaron Hansford - LB, Texas A&M

241. Kyler McMichael - CB, North Carolina

I like this one, except I never got someone on the D-Line.  There were some limited options at 225 though, so maybe Christopher Hinton - IDL, Michigan OR LaBryan Ray - IDL, Alabama there instead, if we are good with Buddy Johnson already for 2022.

I sincerely doubt that Steelers GM Colbert would trade up from 20th to 6th.  Colbert knows that this is his final draft and doesn't want to put Steelers in precarious situation with so many needs and few draft selections. 

Agree a trade up is the only realistic way Pittsburgh gets Davis.  That or Baltimore loses internet for 20 minutes while their pick is up. 😈

Agree a trade up is the only realistic way Pittsburgh gets Davis.  That or Baltimore loses internet for 20 minutes while their pick is up. 😈
They might be tempted by WR or Corner.   At least we gotta hope they are.  Or that maybe Iggles takes Davis.

Yeah, it's possible the Ravens trade back in the 1st if GB/KC moves up for a WR or TEN moves up for a QB, but no guarantee. And the Ravens could go CB or OT, but then one of Vikings/Eagles/Chargers will probably take Davis anyways. I think our only hope is trading up, or if we're seriously underestimating the devaluation of a NT. 

I think it's more likely Davis goes top 12 than falls past 17. 

Yeah, it's possible the Ravens trade back in the 1st if GB/KC moves up for a WR or TEN moves up for a QB, but no guarantee. And the Ravens could go CB or OT, but then one of Vikings/Eagles/Chargers will probably take Davis anyways. I think our only hope is trading up, or if we're seriously underestimating the devaluation of a NT. 

I think it's more likely Davis goes top 12 than falls past 17. 
:cry:

I hope that if we aren’t getting Davis, Stingley, or Hamilton, that they go early. Then the Steelers won’t be tempted to trade up and may in fact trade backwards 

No way I am trading up for  QB.  I don't see the Panthers giving up top 10 money for a QB.  Maybe the Saints make a move and take one.  But barring a blindside Willis or Pickett is on the board

Washington scares me as a pick for QB.  Never underestimate how stupid Richie Rich is in drafting 

Well never mind that because the Saints have traded up.  I figure they will take a QB

Yes they took a wide receiver.   

Oh #### the Lions traded to the spot.  They need a QB desperately  

Id be fine with Penning. Love his game, but did they even meet with him?  No thanks, on Hill.

Its all moot.   Theyre taking a QB

Users who are viewing this thread