What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Crimson Tide..Roll Lions: Draft day! (57 Viewers)

Per The Detroit News here are the top guys out there to be the new GM:

Bob Quinn

Director of pro scouting, Patriots

Background: Joined the Patriots in 2000 as a player personnel assistant and moved up as a scout on all levels until he was named pro scouting director in 2012. Considered about as comprehensive of a talent evaluator as any staffer in the NFL. Massachusetts native and Connecticut graduate (bachelors and masters degrees). Married, with a son and daughter.

Eliot Wolf

Director of player personnel, Packers

Background: Son of the venerated and retired Packers GM Ron Wolf, whose personnel wizardry beginning 20 years ago re-established Green Bay as an annual championship contender. Eliot, at age 10, joined his father in the Packers film room and began an apprenticeship that showed a sons skills were not dissimilar from his fathers. Has had a rapid ascent as a scout and personnel director. A graduate of the Miami. Married, no children.
Martha & Sheila should lean on the NFL executive search panel.

Check out this article from Detroit Free Press:

Madden, Dungy, Polian on panel that could help Lions' search

http://on.freep.com/1iJSpme
Those 3 guys have been out of the nfl for awhile.
Might want to read the article if you're going to comment on it. Ron Wolf, Dennis Green, Ernie Accorsi, Carl Peterson, James Harris, & Mike Holmgren are also on the panel (may be others.)

It's a resource for teams to use. I would think a 90 year widow might benefit from that. I don't think the CPA/CFO lady they promoted to CEO should be making the call. We don't know anything about Sheila Ford Hamp other than she sits on a lot of boards (Ford, Henry Ford Greenwich Village, Henry Ford Hospital, et al.) All 3 might be great choices to run a corporation or a foundation but I think the suggestion they might need some assistance hiring football executive seems like a good idea.

Listened to Coach Caldwell's presser today.

Mayhew is like a brother to him, both he and Lewand are "excellent men." Bungled the analogy (proven false long ago) about the Chinese word which draws from the characters that mean "crisis" and "opportunity." Jim actually admitted he had read this isn't true then went ahead with it anyways, and mangled it up.

ASIDE - doesn't matter because no such word exists in Mandarin or Cantonese or any other Chinese dialect, but the made up analogy is supposed to be "the word for Crisis means both Danger and Opportunity."

He would like everyone to know he is not a dead man walking, in fact he's alive and well. Said the report Stafford didn't see eye to eye with Lombardi was hogwash. There was a long diatribe about "why I coach" but it kind of meandered (something about having dinner with Gayle Sayers and answering the question why he works with young men.) Compared the team to the Panthers of a few years ago. Spoke about Sheldon White, reviewed the roster at length, et al. He did not address the Lions - Chiefs game.

"I'm going to keep coaching until they turn the lights out on me."

Well, the burrito I ate while listening to that was pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mayhew is like a brother to him, both he and Lewand are "excellent men." Bungled the analogy (proven false long ago) about the Chinese word which draws from the characters that mean "crisis" and "opportunity." Jim actually admitted he had read this isn't true then went ahead with it anyways, and mangled it up.

ASIDE - doesn't matter because no such word exists in Mandarin or Cantonese or any other Chinese dialect, but the made up analogy is supposed to be "the word for Crisis means both Danger and Opportunity."

He would like everyone to know he is not a dead man walking, in fact he's alive and well. Said the report Stafford didn't see eye to eye with Lombardi was hogwash. There was a long diatribe about "why I coach" but it kind of meandered (something about having dinner with Gayle Sayers and answering the question why he works with young men.) Compared the team to the Panthers of a few years ago. Spoke about Sheldon White, reviewed the roster at length, et al. He did not address the Lions - Chiefs game.

Chipotle?

Chipotle?
Local bodega

What's the ideal scenario coaching-wise? Hire a big name? (That never seems to work out). Who will the hot coordinators be this offseason? Or should they groom Austin for the job? I would imagine his stock has cooled off a bit since last offseason.

What's the ideal scenario coaching-wise? Hire a big name? (That never seems to work out). Who will the hot coordinators be this offseason? Or should they groom Austin for the job? I would imagine his stock has cooled off a bit since last offseason.
The defense has stunk pretty bad this year so I think the consensus is they won't go that route. Too bad, I feel like most of the issues stem from losing the pressure from the interior lineman and the drop off from Levy being out.

Ansah has really stepped up this year, but pretty much across the board everyone is not playing as well. it all goes back to pressure on the QB and stuffing the run. Did it last year with Suh, Fairley, Mosely, can't get it done this year.

Anyway, who knows? The person who will be hiring the 2016 HC hasn't been identified. Until we fill the leadership void, no telling which way they go in their HC search. I think young HC / former OC makes the most sense. After Swartz, the feeling was "this is a win now team." They made the playoffs, lost in the first round again, and the bottom fell out. I would like to see them tear the team apart. Getting rid of Stafford & Megatron's contracts (richest duo in the league) is a good starting point. So if you're blowing it up, go with someone fresh IMO.

Oh boy, now we're cooking with gas...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/11/10/brandt-lions-hire-firm-help-find-new-leadership/75557622/

The same executive search firm that identified Tagliabue for the NFL has been retained by the Lions to find their new leadership. Cutting edge stuff, that was 26 years ago. ####### brilliant.
Would you rather have Martha or her children doing the search?
https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/634878-detroit-lions-2015-1-7-martha-is-cleaning-house/?p=18572366

You have some secret insider information that the firm hired won't connect with and make use of the NFL resources? You have some information about the thousands of other executives this firm may have placed over the last 26 years. This seems the best possible step if the family is going to retain ownership.

The Captain said:
Oh boy, now we're cooking with gas...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/11/10/brandt-lions-hire-firm-help-find-new-leadership/75557622/

The same executive search firm that identified Tagliabue for the NFL has been retained by the Lions to find their new leadership. Cutting edge stuff, that was 26 years ago. ####### brilliant.
Martha likes the cut of their jib.
she will give them some wurthers candy
lol

Greetings and salutations, Lions fans. - Is there any buzz coming out of the bye week about the Lions establishing the run game with Joique Bell? Obviously I'm wondering about his prospects moving forward and getting the run game going was the first order of business for the Dolphins and Titans when they made changes, though of course they included the head coach in theirs. Thanks.

Greetings and salutations, Lions fans. - Is there any buzz coming out of the bye week about the Lions establishing the run game with Joique Bell? Obviously I'm wondering about his prospects moving forward and getting the run game going was the first order of business for the Dolphins and Titans when they made changes, though of course they included the head coach in theirs. Thanks.
Not much buzz about any of the backs other than Caldwell saying AA (1 touch v. KC) is not in the doghouse. No real indication of where the offense is going from here under Cooter. Rappoport filed a story that Lombardi had to dumb down the playbook because Stafford couldn't digest it. Matthew's wife & the backup QB Orlovsky sent out dozens of Tweets refuting that. :rolleyes:

Bell has been statistically more efficient the last couple games with limited touches. When he's right, though - when the offense is right - Joique can wear a team out in third and fourth quarter. He did that a lot in the fourth quarter last year. Obviously, this year they haven't been in a position to stay committed to ground and pound.

Laken Tomlinson has improved the last few games. Probably a good chance Ramirez (pretty consistent interior lineman who can play multiple positions) will take over at Center because Travis Swanson isn't getting ti down. Waddle is Q for Sunday but that's nothing new. Pettigrew will be back after missing 5 games. So I'd say there is a chance the line and the run game does better at Lambeau and RoS.

Not talked about much, but Golden Tate has not been a very effective #2. Seemed like last year he caught a lot more look in slants. Only going to make Calvin more effective if they can start spreading the ball around more. A lot of fans think the solution is to just keep chucking 50-50 balls to Megatron, but between Ebron, GT and Lance Moore they could mix it up pretty good.

It's going to be hard to turn the season around. Forget playoffs, you're trying to build on something for next year. Caldwell has been pointing to Carolina in 2012 as a team that started 2-8 but won it's last four to go 7-9. The Panthers fired their GM in October that year and the search included the prequisite they were going to retain Rivera. You can see why that's an appealing analogy to Coach Caldwell.

Nobody who roots for the Lions wants Caldwell to succeed. We'll soon find out if the players want him back.

The more likely scenario is a 2-4 win season, Caldwell fired, Johnson traded and Stafford cut. Total reboot, clean slate for Eliot Wolf or whoever gets the gig.

Not much buzz about any of the backs other than Caldwell saying AA (1 touch v. KC) is not in the doghouse. No real indication of where the offense is going from here under Cooter. Rappoport filed a story that Lombardi had to dumb down the playbook because Stafford couldn't digest it. Matthew's wife & the backup QB Orlovsky sent out dozens of Tweets refuting that. :rolleyes:

Bell has been statistically more efficient the last couple games with limited touches. When he's right, though - when the offense is right - Joique can wear a team out in third and fourth quarter. He did that a lot in the fourth quarter last year. Obviously, this year they haven't been in a position to stay committed to ground and pound.

Laken Tomlinson has improved the last few games. Probably a good chance Ramirez (pretty consistent interior lineman who can play multiple positions) will take over at Center because Travis Swanson isn't getting ti down. Waddle is Q for Sunday but that's nothing new. Pettigrew will be back after missing 5 games. So I'd say there is a chance the line and the run game does better at Lambeau and RoS.

Not talked about much, but Golden Tate has not been a very effective #2. Seemed like last year he caught a lot more look in slants. Only going to make Calvin more effective if they can start spreading the ball around more. A lot of fans think the solution is to just keep chucking 50-50 balls to Megatron, but between Ebron, GT and Lance Moore they could mix it up pretty good.

It's going to be hard to turn the season around. Forget playoffs, you're trying to build on something for next year. Caldwell has been pointing to Carolina in 2012 as a team that started 2-8 but won it's last four to go 7-9. The Panthers fired their GM in October that year and the search included the prequisite they were going to retain Rivera. You can see why that's an appealing analogy to Coach Caldwell.

Nobody who roots for the Lions wants Caldwell to succeed. We'll soon find out if the players want him back.

The more likely scenario is a 2-4 win season, Caldwell fired, Johnson traded and Stafford cut. Total reboot, clean slate for Eliot Wolf or whoever gets the gig.
they wont re-boot Calvin & Stafford. they aren't going anywhere

they wont re-boot Calvin & Stafford. they aren't going anywhere
We'll see.

The highest paid duo in the league. Burn it all down.

Bill Parcells gave advice to Lions interim GM Sheldon White

5. He was on the last Lions team to win in Green Bay: White was super excited throughout his entire news conference, but perhaps no more so than when he was talking about being on the last Detroit team to win in Wisconsin in 1991. What he remembers most from that game? “Winning.” Why has it been so hard for the Lions to win in Green Bay? “I don’t know why it’s been so difficult, but hopefully we fall into one this weekend.”

Bill Parcells gave advice to Lions interim GM Sheldon White

5. He was on the last Lions team to win in Green Bay: White was super excited throughout his entire news conference, but perhaps no more so than when he was talking about being on the last Detroit team to win in Wisconsin in 1991. What he remembers most from that game? “Winning.” Why has it been so hard for the Lions to win in Green Bay? “I don’t know why it’s been so difficult, but hopefully we fall into one this weekend.
Boy that's a real confidence booster. Our chances of winning today are about the same as Blutarsky's GPA.

What QB would be out there that is better than Stafford for the Lions? A rookie? A free agent? There is a reason people would be lining up for Stafford. If you are a Lions fan, it is OK to be angry with the team but to want to get rid of your best parts because the coaching and other parts around them do not work is not going to make the team better.

BobbyLayne said:
Stafford is 3-35 against winning teams

3-38

0-20 on the road

0-21
He's in his 7th year. Hoyer and Sanchez came out that year, so I guess we can say he's the best QB of his class (though Sanchez has actually won playoff games.

Year before him was Flacco and Ryan; not much debate who's number 3 in that cohort group.

Older guys he's clearly not in the same category with: Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Manning, Romo, and Palmer.

Younger guys who are better: Luck, Newton, Tannehill, Wilson, and probably Carr & Bortles.

That's 19 QBs mentioned and at least 15/maybe 17 have had more success or have a brighter future.

Who are his peers? Bradford, Cutler, Dalton, RGIII/Cousins, Kapernick, Alex Smith, Fitzpatrick? In other words, all the QBs who have warts and nobody really believes in.

Face of the Franchise + big contract means we're stuck with him, at least for this year, next year and 2017. Two mega-contracts, nine ####### years and $131M, two-thirds of it guaranteed. For what? Mediocrity - a QB who's not even in the top half of the league at his position.

BobbyLayne said:

3-38

0-20 on the road

0-21
He's in his 7th year. Hoyer and Sanchez came out that year, so I guess we can say he's the best QB of his class (though Sanchez has actually won playoff games.

Year before him was Flacco and Ryan; not much debate who's number 3 in that cohort group.

Older guys he's clearly not in the same category with: Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Manning, Romo, and Palmer.

Younger guys who are better: Luck, Newton, Tannehill, Wilson, and probably Carr & Bortles.

That's 19 QBs mentioned and at least 15/maybe 17 have had more success or have a brighter future.

Who are his peers? Bradford, Cutler, Dalton, RGIII/Cousins, Kapernick, Alex Smith, Fitzpatrick? In other words, all the QBs who have warts and nobody really believes in.

Face of the Franchise + big contract means we're stuck with him, at least for this year, next year and 2017. Two mega-contracts, nine ####### years and $131M, two-thirds of it guaranteed. For what? Mediocrity - a QB who's not even in the top half of the league at his position.
OK, so what QB would be better for the Lions of those available? Stafford was a #1 overall pick, so what makes you think a rookie would be any better than Stafford?

Who could you trade for and what FA is out there? As always people want to get rid of a problem (Stafford) without any solution. Lions need much more than a QB, perhaps if Lions focused on what they needed and not what they wanted maybe they would not be the dysfunctional franchise they have been who has lost every game on the road against their biggest rival since 91. That includes what the fans clamor for, set your outrage for a power running game to keep Rodgers off the field and a secondary to help counter what he does. Until you try to build a team to win your division the Lions will be a bad team and that does not start by replacing Stafford.

Lions fans want to always replace someone.

BobbyLayne said:

3-38

0-20 on the road

0-21

OK, so what QB would be better for the Lions of those available? Stafford was a #1 overall pick, so what makes you think a rookie would be any better than Stafford?

Who could you trade for and what FA is out there? As always people want to get rid of a problem (Stafford) without any solution. Lions need much more than a QB, perhaps if Lions focused on what they needed and not what they wanted maybe they would not be the dysfunctional franchise they have been who has lost every game on the road against their biggest rival since 91. That includes what the fans clamor for, set your outrage for a power running game to keep Rodgers off the field and a secondary to help counter what he does. Until you try to build a team to win your division the Lions will be a bad team and that does not start by replacing Stafford.

Highest paid duo in the league is Stafford and Megatron. Free up the cap space. Start there.

Honestly not sure what you're arguing here, dirtyjay. Are you saying the Lions couldn't possibly find a guy who would be better than QB20-25?

BobbyLayne said:

3-38

0-20 on the road

0-21

Highest paid duo in the league is Stafford and Megatron. Free up the cap space. Start there.

Honestly not sure what you're arguing here, dirtyjay. Are you saying the Lions couldn't possibly find a guy who would be better than QB20-25?
I'm saying be careful what you wish for. To me you are an upset Lions fan and there are many of you, rational can sometimes be throw out the door.

My simple question is who would you rather have of those who would be available? That is the third time I asked.

The reason you wont answer I can assume is because anyone you say it can be argued that Stafford is better.

They save nothing but a few bucks financially anyways from moving on from Stafford.

Mathis out for the season (brain injury), likely career ending. Too bad. He gave us a couple solid seasons, was a great find by Sheldon White (who will not be the LT GM.)

Levy declared out for the year with the hip injury that limited him to one game.

Alex Carter (3rd round CB) is practicing but looking rusty. Not sure he'll be active anytime soon.

Detroit Lions owner Martha Ford isn't messing around.

In a letter released to season ticket holders on Friday, Ford apologized for the past and put the organization on notice. The Lions have just one playoff win since the merger. Obviously, they have no Super Bowl appearances or trophies to speak of.
"The organizational changes I made last week reflect not only our disappointment with this season, but also underscore our commitment to each of you. You deserve much better. Your support, loyalty and passion for the Lions over the years has been nothing short of remarkable. You have done your part. Now we must do our part.

"You deserve a Lions football team that is a consistent winner and one that competes for championships."
Ford's statement immediately following the firings of Tom Lewand and Martin Mayhew and the subsequent letter could be looked at as two of the biggest positives the franchise has seen in decades. The Lions' steady slog into mediocrity has been incredibly frustrating for a fan base that knows well the meaning of patience.

The next big step will be making a home run hire at general manager. Though it's not that simple -- rarely are there rock star general managers -- Ford and her team will have to find a balance between immediate and sustained success that comes around once every few years. Getting a head start on the search should help, giving her team time to view ebbs and flows throughout the season and the opportunity to see how certain candidates handle issues that arise during the season.
We don't know what the outcome of the Ford's search will be, but I do have to give her credit for being swift and decisive in getting rid of Lewand (family friend) and Mayhew less than a year after going to the playoffs. She made a move that would have taken WCF years to accomplish.

BobbyLayne, on 15 Nov 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:Mathis out for the season (brain injury), likely career ending. Too bad. He gave us a couple solid seasons, was a great find by Sheldon White (who will not be the LT GM.)

Levy declared out for the year with the hip injury that limited him to one game.

Alex Carter (3rd round CB) is practicing but looking rusty. Not sure he'll be active anytime soon.

QuoteDetroit Lions owner Martha Ford isn't messing around.

In a letter released to season ticket holders on Friday, Ford apologized for the past and put the organization on notice. The Lions have just one playoff win since the merger. Obviously, they have no Super Bowl appearances or trophies to speak of.
"The organizational changes I made last week reflect not only our disappointment with this season, but also underscore our commitment to each of you. You deserve much better. Your support, loyalty and passion for the Lions over the years has been nothing short of remarkable. You have done your part. Now we must do our part.

"You deserve a Lions football team that is a consistent winner and one that competes for championships."
Ford's statement immediately following the firings of Tom Lewand and Martin Mayhew and the subsequent letter could be looked at as two of the biggest positives the franchise has seen in decades. The Lions' steady slog into mediocrity has been incredibly frustrating for a fan base that knows well the meaning of patience.

The next big step will be making a home run hire at general manager. Though it's not that simple -- rarely are there rock star general managers -- Ford and her team will have to find a balance between immediate and sustained success that comes around once every few years. Getting a head start on the search should help, giving her team time to view ebbs and flows throughout the season and the opportunity to see how certain candidates handle issues that arise during the season.
We don't know what the outcome of the Ford's search will be, but I do have to give her credit for being swift and decisive in getting rid of Lewand (family friend) and Mayhew less than a year after going to the playoffs. She made a move that would have taken WCF years to accomplish.
It never would have happened if WCF was alive. WCF was oblivious to outside criticism.

Have mixed emotions about the win yesterday because the Lions did not play well but GB was horrible. Lions had2 missed PATs, another late INT by Stafford and then Calvin botching the onside kick. It was have been vintage Lions if the Packers made that last second FG.

Right now Ziggy Ansah has to be one of the top DEs in the NFL. By far the best Lion of the field yesterday.

Leroy Hoard said:
Leroy Hoard, on 16 Nov 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:OK, Lions & Stafford each got a monkey off their back (even if neither one deserved it). Now lets get back to getting the #1 pick.
I agree. What worries me is that they will win a few at the end and in typical Lions fashion tack on a couple of more years for Caldwell.

That was a suck fest and the Lions sucked just enough less. I'm glad they put that streak behind them though. It's one of the few things we can say we accomplished this year.

Leroy Hoard said:
OK, Lions & Stafford each got a monkey off their back (even if neither one deserved it). Now lets get back to getting the #1 pick.
heck they probably go on a run now, and retain Sheldon White and Jim Caldwell

BobbyLayne, on 15 Nov 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:Mathis out for the season (brain injury), likely career ending. Too bad. He gave us a couple solid seasons, was a great find by Sheldon White (who will not be the LT GM.)

QuoteDetroit Lions owner Martha Ford isn't messing around.

It never would have happened if WCF was alive. WCF was oblivious to outside criticism.

Have mixed emotions about the win yesterday because the Lions did not play well but GB was horrible. Lions had2 missed PATs, another late INT by Stafford and then Calvin botching the onside kick. It was have been vintage Lions if the Packers made that last second FG.

Right now Ziggy Ansah has to be one of the top DEs in the NFL. By far the best Lion of the field yesterday.
The DBs played well yesterday as well. They went after Lawson a ton yesterday and he did pretty well. They stayed away from Slay for the most part. And some guy off the street made the play of the game after they lost Wilson.

GB has averaged 17.7 against Austin's defense the last 3 games. They've been pathetic most of the year but give them credit for coming up with a good effort yesterday. They forced 9 punts, 4 were 3 n out. When a team consistently plays well against Rodgers/GB you have to give a lot fo credit to the DC.

There's some weird things about the Lions culture. After Caldwell got his first win he gave the game ball to the Ford family. Sheldon White said last night this win was all Mrs. Ford's. We know Lewand got his job from his dad being WCF's personal attorney and some serious cocksucking while Ford Field was being built. I hate leadership that is that is blind to obsequious behavior and out of touch with what is really going on.

Yesterday was the player's getting fed up with being 1-7 and just tired of having one of the worst (statistically) defenses. Players play for themselves, they play for each other, they bond in the locker room. The check signers have is to support them, hire the right leadership, but then just get the hell outta the way.

The offense was pretty bad yesterday. No running game whatsoever, and really didn't come up with a big play until Tate ripped off that 40+ yarder, most of which was the Packers trying to strip it instead of tackling him.

I was reading about Tom Lewand. Lewand would have been the Lion president for life had he stayed on the business side of the organization. After Millen was fired Lewand got himself more involved in the football/player affairs and with zero football experience fancied himself as the assistant GM as well as team president. That is what did him in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was reading about Tom Lewand. Lewand would have been the Lion president for life had he stayed on the business side of the organization. After Millen was fired Lewand got himself more involved in the football/player affairs and with zero football experience fancied himself as the assistant GM as well as team president. That is what did him in.
I presume they'll bring in an experienced football guy as the next GM, or a young guy like Elliot Wolf. Sheldon had to "run it up the flagpole" to sign a practice squad player, I presume despite what he says they have him on a tight leash since he's interim. The next guy has to have complete control. Honestly, the Ford's need to be completely out of the way. Come ride around in your golf cart all day, just don't try to tell the next GM or the next coach how to do their job.

BobbyLayne, on 16 Nov 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:
Da Guru, on 16 Nov 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:I was reading about Tom Lewand. Lewand would have been the Lion president for life had he stayed on the business side of the organization. After Millen was fired Lewand got himself more involved in the football/player affairs and with zero football experience fancied himself as the assistant GM as well as team president. That is what did him in.
I presume they'll bring in an experienced football guy as the next GM, or a young guy like Elliot Wolf. Sheldon had to "run it up the flagpole" to sign a practice squad player, I presume despite what he says they have him on a tight leash since he's interim. The next guy has to have complete control. Honestly, the Ford's need to be completely out of the way. Come ride around in your golf cart all day, just don't try to tell the next GM or the next coach how to do their job.
A couple of more wins and I am afraid the next GM will be Sheldon White..a 19 year Lion employee.

As far as I'm concerned, they can't hire a new GM fast enough. And I'm guessing that GM will want to hire his own coach. If so, I won't shed any tears for Caldwell. But honestly, I don't think he's the problem. He's a terrible game manager, and he's shown us repeatedly that he's not the kind of coach who can right a sinking ship. But I'm not ready to totally discount everything he accomplished last year.

Put it this way: In a scenario where Austin gets at least some of his weapons back (Levy, for one), and the team has a competent OC who can get the most out of Stafford (no idea if that's Cooter), I could totally see the Lions being decent again under Caldwell. And I'd still rather have him than Schwartz.

Anyway, most likely a moot point.

Wolf or Bob Quinn would be acceptable despite their youth. Not sure about the older guys out there.

BobbyLayne, on 16 Nov 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:
Da Guru, on 16 Nov 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:I was reading about Tom Lewand. Lewand would have been the Lion president for life had he stayed on the business side of the organization. After Millen was fired Lewand got himself more involved in the football/player affairs and with zero football experience fancied himself as the assistant GM as well as team president. That is what did him in.
A couple of more wins and I am afraid the next GM will be Sheldon White..a 19 year Lion employee.
I heard Sheldon has won his fantasy football league 3 times in the last 4 years. Sounds like an improvement to me.

Do not think anything that happens ROS saves Caldwell's job, and regardless White has and will have done nothing to warrant being promoted. Either one coming back would be very disappointing. This is not a team that is close.

Great win yesterday but I just the guys credit for playing with some pride. The offense was horrible yesterday. 5/16 on 3rd down, RBs went 23 for 34 yards. Positives - limited to 1 TO and 2/2 from the RZ.

Considering Brad Ausmus is back for another year for the Tigers I wouldn't be surprised. Ausmus said the team's failure was his fault the final few months of the season. Caldwell has been talking that same approach.

Kinsler and other we public in their support for Brad.

I guess if some of the Lions vets spoke up in support of Caldwell I could see him returning.

Seekay said:
Considering Brad Ausmus is back for another year for the Tigers I wouldn't be surprised. Ausmus said the team's failure was his fault the final few months of the season. Caldwell has been talking that same approach.

I guess if some of the Lions vets spoke up in support of Caldwell I could see him returning.
Two totally different owners. Ford's have a history of failure. This is probable the 2nd time in about 30 years that Itilich has screwed up The Wings or the Tigers.

Seekay said:

Two totally different owners. Ford's have a history of failure. This is probable the 2nd time in about 30 years that Itilich has screwed up The Wings or the Tigers.
True, but then again you could also say fords have a history of bringing back coaches.

Users who are viewing this thread