What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Outlook for Ravens RBs - Does the arrival of King Henry signal the end of the perpetual RBBC ? (3 Viewers)

I like henry as much as the next guy - but he's over 30 and his ypc has dropped every year for the last 4 years.

I like the guy and maybe even the signing but he isn't a bell cow anymore or transformative
IDK. Last year he was pretty ok and when he got into the open showed he still had wheels. This coupling should show what's what though.

OK is the word for it...he came out gang busters week 1 but only had 3 100 yard games after that. Tons of duds and lots of games with less than 15 carries. Mostly less than 15 carries
you forgot "pretty" :P

Is Keaton a 3rd down kind of guy, pass catcher? It wont be RBBC, but they will need a RB2, tennessee did last year, henry is not younger now. Dobbins is over. Edwards gone. Mitchell is the one they need to get right, and his speed could be a nice change of pace when needed.

Is Keaton a 3rd down kind of guy, pass catcher? It wont be RBBC, but they will need a RB2, tennessee did last year, henry is not younger now. Dobbins is over. Edwards gone. Mitchell is the one they need to get right, and his speed could be a nice change of pace when needed.

Hill is still there and looked pretty spry last year - him and Mitchell will see a fair number of carries is my guess

I like henry as much as the next guy - but he's over 30 and his ypc has dropped every year for the last 4 years.

I like the guy and maybe even the signing but he isn't a bell cow anymore or transformative
IDK. Last year he was pretty ok and when he got into the open showed he still had wheels. This coupling should show what's what though.

OK is the word for it...he came out gang busters week 1 but only had 3 100 yard games after that. Tons of duds and lots of games with less than 15 carries. Mostly less than 15 carries
True. The question is how much of that was the OL and circumstances. I think a lot was that and not Henry.

True. The question is how much of that was the OL and circumstances. I think a lot was that and not Henry.

Might be for sure but he is an over 30 power rb with pretty much an average of over 300 carries per season

Again he might be the major to the exception to the rule but there are lots of reasons to think he isn't going to run wild. I don't like predicting injuries but i would be worried about that piece too

He and Spears played the exact same number of snaps last year, both 558.

The previous 4 seasons, that timeframe used because that's the period he had full on broke out , he averaged 22.7 carries and went over 20 carries a game on average each of those 4 seasons. Last year that went down to 16.47.

He was in a very tough situation with the supporting cast but even having his workload managed he dropped a little on the YPC. That's all a little concerning to me.

So I for sure don't see the Henry bell cow of old. Also think what compelled the Ravens to do this signing was the frustration over the early playoff exits and they'll be cognizant of not running him into the ground.

I think they'll manage his workload like the Titans did last year and 40-50% of his fantasy points will come from TD's, would think he's a strong candidate to lead the league in TD's.

As a side note should we be a bit lower on Lamar and Tucker? I am, just a little.

Users who are viewing this thread