What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - NFL record for points scored by a team is 72 and has stood for 58 years, FYI. (42 Viewers)

14-3 (408)
GB W
ATL W
@ NO W
@ TB W
CLE W
@ NYG W
@ CIN L
JAX W
@ DAL L
WSH W
@ LAR W
@ BAL L
CAR W
PIT W
@ WSH W
DAL W
NYG W

I think the first half of the season is going to be a little tricky. “Home” game in Brazil than home for Atlanta who won’t be easy, then at New Orleans and Tampa, who I think are not pushovers.

Then the bye.

Then Cleveland, which I’m glad is after a bye, at the giants (not worried), at Cincy which won’t be easy, home vs jax which I guess is not too bad but they could be feisty, then at Dallas. That’s the first 9 games.

Then they have Washington on 4 days rest (probably not that big of a deal) and have to go to LA and to Baltimore. The last 5 games should be relatively easy, as long as everyone is healthy.

Back to the prior discussion about ranking the position group, the ringer’s Philly special pod scored all the position groups from 1-10 and the thing that I mainly took away from the exercise is the lack of depth that the team has. Especially on the o line and the edge rusher position. I know that it is really hard to have quality depth in today’s nfl, but the eagles’ roster is pretty top heavy. If this season goes badly, I think that it will be due to a couple of injuries to starters, especially in those position groups.

The way for it to go well is for the jalen and the receivers and Saquon to be lights out and the secondary really come together.

Thanks for running this @The Noid ! Love this contest.

Seems like most people are picking us to lose the Brazil game. Heck no! That whole stadium is gonna be cheering for us.

But ya in reality that will be a very tough game. We are 3 point faves on a neutral field though, so I'm hoping coach will have us ready for it.

11-6 (437)
GB W
ATL L
@ NO W
@ TB L
CLE L
@ NYG W
@ CIN W
JAX W
@ DAL L
WSH W
@ LAR W
@ BAL L
CAR W
PIT W
@ WSH L
DAL W
NYG W

I think the first half of the season is going to be a little tricky. “Home” game in Brazil than home for Atlanta who won’t be easy, then at New Orleans and Tampa, who I think are not pushovers.

Then the bye.

Then Cleveland, which I’m glad is after a bye, at the giants (not worried), at Cincy which won’t be easy, home vs jax which I guess is not too bad but they could be feisty, then at Dallas. That’s the first 9 games.

Then they have Washington on 4 days rest (probably not that big of a deal) and have to go to LA and to Baltimore. The last 5 games should be relatively easy, as long as everyone is healthy.

Back to the prior discussion about ranking the position group, the ringer’s Philly special pod scored all the position groups from 1-10 and the thing that I mainly took away from the exercise is the lack of depth that the team has. Especially on the o line and the edge rusher position. I know that it is really hard to have quality depth in today’s nfl, but the eagles’ roster is pretty top heavy. If this season goes badly, I think that it will be due to a couple of injuries to starters, especially in those position groups.

The way for it to go well is for the jalen and the receivers and Saquon to be lights out and the secondary really come together.
I think we’re going to have to outscore people to win. If the offense fires on all cylinders, we’ll do well, if it doesn’t , we won’t. If Hurts or Lane Johnson goes down, we’re fecked.

Seems like most people are picking us to lose the Brazil game.
First time we’re opening the season against a team that finished the previous season with a winning record since 2018, and doing it in these circumstances on top of it. so definitely will be a test.

Eagles captains for the season

• Brandon Graham (6th time)
• Jalen Hurts (4th time)
• Jake Elliott (3rd time)
• Lane Johnson (3rd time)
• Darius Slay (3rd time)
• A.J. Brown (2nd time)
• Jordan Mailata (1st time)

• Jalen Hurts (4th time)
• Darius Slay (3rd time)
• A.J. Brown (2nd time)
Slim Reaper demoted. I guess they didn’t want two wrs as captains again?

• Jalen Hurts (4th time)
• Darius Slay (3rd time)
• A.J. Brown (2nd time)
Slim Reaper demoted. I guess they didn’t want two wrs as captains again?
I think Devonta just wants to ball. Doesn't want to have to hold guys accountable.

I'm not as confident as this prediction suggests. there are a LOT of things that could go wrong, but I do think the offense will start out white hot this year, and I think the secondary will improve as the season progresses. i. like a few others, am concerned about depth on O-line and edge. I'm calling for a W in Brazil, but packers will come to play....in a confidence pool this game would rank no higher then 4. Could easily see pulling out one of the Cincy/Clev/Balt games depending on relative health of the teams, but you know they'll drop one they shouldn't somewhere along the way, probably to Washington. In the end nothing from 10 wins to 15 wins would surprise me, but I would be shocked to score less then abut 420 points

12-5 (455)
GB W
ATL W
@ NO W
@ TB W (TB isn't gonna be all that good this year, and the players will want to make up for the playoff stinker!)
CLE L (prime spot for a letdown after a strong start and emotional W in TB)
@ NYG W
@ CIN L
JAX W
@ DAL L
WSH W
@ LAR W
@ BAL L
CAR W
PIT W
@ WSH L
DAL W
NYG W

10-7 (401)

G.B W
Atl W
@N.O. W
@ T.B. L
Cleve. W
@ NYG L
@ Cinn L
Jax L
@ Dall L (Siriani Fired)
Wash W
@ LAR L
@ Balt L
Car. W
Pitt W
@ Wash W
Dall W
NYG W

12-5 (491)

GB W
ATL W
@ NO W
@ TB W
CLE L
@ NYG W
@ CIN L
JAX W
@ DAL L
WSH W
@ LAR W
@ BAL L
CAR W
PIT W
@ WSH L
DAL W
NYG W

Devin White ruled out for Friday. Not traveling with the team.

What?! 🤔
Jeff McLane tweeted out a story that Nakobe was already named the starter, before the injury. Albert Breer tweeted rumors about Philly trying to trade White before the deadline. Weird, weird stuff.

By most accounts, Dean outplayed White and Baun after a slow start to camp. But this Defense is gonna struggle, at least early in the season. Especially over the middle of the field. Hopefully, they can claw into the top half of the league by mid-season. Fingers crossed Vic Fangio is really a jedi master.

I’m even more nervous now about this game against GBP. With their TEs and Jacobs, I can see yelling at my TV a lot Friday night.

If Philly wins, it’ll be because the Offense comoletely dominates and scores 30+. Otherwise, I can see a Green Bay convincing win, and a horrible set of media overreactions all week.

What?! 🤔
Jeff McLane tweeted out a story that Nakobe was already named the starter, before the injury. Albert Breer tweeted rumors about Philly trying to trade White before the deadline. Weird, weird stuff.

By most accounts, Dean outplayed White and Baun after a slow start to camp. But this Defense is gonna struggle, at least early in the season. Especially over the middle of the field. Hopefully, they can claw into the top half of the league by mid-season. Fingers crossed Vic Fangio is really a jedi master.

I’m even more nervous now about this game against GBP. With their TEs and Jacobs, I can see yelling at my TV a lot Friday night.

If Philly wins, it’ll be because the Offense comoletely dominates and scores 30+. Otherwise, I can see a Green Bay convincing win, and a horrible set of media overreactions all week.
To be fair, I feel ya. Defense is going to be a work in progress. With that said, their Offensive line, does *not* appear to be good at all. Hopefully our pass rush can break through.

As far as when we are on offense, they have some questionable players we can take advantage of: Stokes- CB and Eagles Legend Eric Wilson at LB.

With that said, weird weird timing of the White trade attempts/etc. When did they realize they wanted to move him, last night??

What?! 🤔

To be fair, I feel ya. Defense is going to be a work in progress. With that said, their Offensive line, does *not* appear to be good at all. Hopefully our pass rush can break through.

As far as when we are on offense, they have some questionable players we can take advantage of: Stokes- CB and Eagles Legend Eric Wilson at LB.

With that said, weird weird timing of the White trade attempts/etc. When did they realize they wanted to move him, last night??
Probably before the NFL knew he didn't win a starting job and his value tanked. If he had any to begin with.

What?! 🤔

I am not sold on our Dline, either. Jalen Carter is a potential All-Pro. But, aside from him, there are a bunch of questionable guys that may or not be good.

At Nose tackle, you have Jordan Davis, who is a great run defender, but struggles to get pressure. And he still has to prove his conditioning is better than last year- especially with the only other 5-technique being the 330lb Booker.

What is Huff going to look like this year? Does Sweat play like 2023 or 2022? Nolan Smith needs to prove he deserves to be on the field and use something besides speed and bend to get to the QB.

I think they’re in the catbird seat to take the Division, but man, there are a bunch of question marks that need to be proven on the field.

This game, with all GB’s weapons and Love’s athleticism, it’s gonna be a shoot out.

What?! 🤔

I am not sold on our Dline, either. Jalen Carter is a potential All-Pro. But, aside from him, there are a bunch of questionable guys that may or not be good.

At Nose tackle, you have Jordan Davis, who is a great run defender, but struggles to get pressure. And he still has to prove his conditioning is better than last year- especially with the only other 5-technique being the 330lb Booker.

What is Huff going to look like this year? Does Sweat play like 2023 or 2022? Nolan Smith needs to prove he deserves to be on the field and use something besides speed and bend to get to the QB.

I think they’re in the catbird seat to take the Division, but man, there are a bunch of question marks that need to be proven on the field.

This game, with all GB’s weapons and Love’s athleticism, it’s gonna be a shoot out.
I agree with most of this. My biggest concern for the season is "who will be a pass rusher" and I need to see it early and often or I'm gonna panic quickly.

And yes, probably will be a shootout.

I got the Eagles winning this one though 38-28

need to control the ball and hope our secondary can hold on vs all those wrs and great playcalling. interesting coaching matchups for sure.

Good news is I think the Birds are gonna score a ton of points this season. Kellen Moore's teams have consistently ranked near the top in pace of play and pass rate over expectation. We get back to anywhere near 2022's efficiency levels and this offense could be deadly.

Bad news is the Birds might give up a ton of points this season, too. Questions at all three levels, and not only is Fangio our 4th DC in 2+ years, there's a nagging fear in the back of my mind that NFL OCs have pretty much figured out his scheme. I'm not sure this year will be wildly successful, but it could be wildly entertaining.

11-6 (476 pts)
GB W
ATL L
@ NO W
@ TB W
CLE W
@ NYG W
@ CIN L
JAX L
@ DAL L
WSH W
@ LAR L (probably something like 48-44, lol)
@ BAL W
CAR W
PIT W
@ WSH W
DAL L
NYG W

What?! 🤔
LMAO

THIS IS FINE
I mean, Devin White sucks. He's been a liability for almost all of his career, had no business getting a contract above the league minimum, and was basically useless other than about 5 games for TB his entire career.

Addition by subtraction if he's out. Was burning money signing him in the 1st place. Dean, Trotter, Baun and Burks are all better LBs anyway. Hopefully Dean can stay healthy this year.

Good news is I think the Birds are gonna score a ton of points this season. Kellen Moore's teams have consistently ranked near the top in pace of play and pass rate over expectation. We get back to anywhere near 2022's efficiency levels and this offense could be deadly.

Bad news is the Birds might give up a ton of points this season, too. Questions at all three levels, and not only is Fangio our 4th DC in 2+ years, there's a nagging fear in the back of my mind that NFL OCs have pretty much figured out his scheme. I'm not sure this year will be wildly successful, but it could be wildly entertaining.

11-6 (476 pts)
GB W
ATL L
@ NO W
@ TB W
CLE W
@ NYG W
@ CIN L
JAX L
@ DAL L
WSH W
@ LAR L (probably something like 48-44, lol)
@ BAL W
CAR W
PIT W
@ WSH W
DAL L
NYG W
So you have them scoring more points than last year (by 2.5 more PPG), but having the defense *even worse* than last year? Against much easier opponents?

I could see the record 11-6 happening, but to me, no chance in hell the Eagles average 28+ PPG and only get 11 wins against these opponents.

But thats why they play the games!

Good luck!

9-8 (411)
GB L
ATL W
@ NO W
@ TB L
CLE W
@ NYG W
@ CIN L
JAX W
@ DAL L
WSH W
@ LAR L
@ BAL L
CAR W
PIT W
@ WSH W
DAL L
NYG L

Anyone looking to go to the sold out watch party at the Linc on Friday? Have an extra pair of Club Level seating tickets with K Lot parking pass.

With that said, Go Birds.

Last edited:

What?! 🤔

I agree with most of this. My biggest concern for the season is "who will be a pass rusher" and I need to see it early and often or I'm gonna panic quickly.

And yes, probably will be a shootout.

I got the Eagles winning this one though 38-28

I don't think the Eagles problem will be pass rush, it will be run defense.

Here are the stats for Haason Reddick and Bryce Huff:

11.0SACKS10.0
38TACKLES29
13TFL10
23QB HITS21

They're nearly identical except Huff played nearly 400 less snaps. Playing with a lead will be key for the Eagles this season. Force the other team to throw so a guy like Huff can just pin his ears back. He could have 15+ sacks this year.

Word on the street is Damon is the guy to ask about where to find the best cheesesteak! We're staying near Wells Fargo arena this weekend.

For all of you really, we'd love some recs on things nearby. Like where to watch the games on Sunday. Oh, and I guess dinner too (with SNF). Thanks and good luck this year.

Word on the street is Damon is the guy to ask about where to find the best cheesesteak! We're staying near Wells Fargo arena this weekend.

For all of you really, we'd love some recs on things nearby. Like where to watch the games on Sunday. Oh, and I guess dinner too (with SNF). Thanks and good luck this year.
Who is Damon?

Go to Chickie & Pete's to watch the games on Sunday. It's right around the corner from Wells Fargo. https://chickiesandpetes.com/

My favorite place to eat dinner is Scanniccio's on Broad Street, probably like 5 or 6 blocks from Chickie's (but you won't get the game, it's just a really good Italian place). BYOB. https://www.scannicchio.online/

I'll leave the South Philly people to tell you where to get the best steak, probably any good pizza joint will have a good one.

You’ll be 15 mins away from Santucci’s Pizza on 10th St. They have decent cheesesteaks, but the pizza is really, really, really good. Definitely worth a trip for a lunch or a casual dinner.

But, if you’re dead set on going cheesesteaks, John’s Roast Pork is about 10 minutes away. Consistently in the top tier of cheesesteaks, but get a roast pork with broccoli rabe and cooper sharp to taste/share. One of the best sammiches. ever.

Pray Kenny Pickett never sees the field . . . .
Are you kidding? My side hustle is crafting and selling bespoke rosary beads in Eagles' colors. Business has never been better.

I think everyone realizes if Jalen goes out for any extended length of time- season's over. We can maybe overcome any other injuries, besides Lane or JC.

Pray Kenny Pickett never sees the field . . . .
Are you kidding? My side hustle is crafting and selling bespoke rosary beads in Eagles' colors. Business has never been better.

I think everyone realizes if Jalen goes out for any extended length of time- season's over. We can maybe overcome any other injuries, besides Lane or JC.
Nick would come out of retirement and save the day!

Isaiah Rodgers announced as OUT for tomorrow’s game, with a hand injury. No info yet on what it exactly is or when it happened.

Not ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread