What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (2 Viewers)

Huntley has covid, Josh Johnson to start after being on the team all of 10? Days. Going Cincy over Packers/Colts/Atlanta

Cincy at home against a beat up ravens secondary should score often and Trey Hendrickson should be a major force in this game 
With Huntley out I’m now debating picking up Cincy vs the Ravens.  I currently have the Eagles vs the Giants…it’s probably a coin flip but appreciate any thoughts one way or the other.   Thx

Cant trust Indy D with Darius Leonard out tonight. Was already a tough matchup but I was going to stick with them. Guess Ill roll with ATL D.

Lol Im going to side with robb and Go DC Yourself on this one. As an owner of the Colts Defense I know all too well what Josh Johnson did for the Jets last time he played.

Tim Boyle on the other hand was turrible in his last start.

I've had Tampa and Dallas all year.  I've always assumed I'd play Tampa vs the Jets if I made the finals (which is now basically a lock after that last blocked kick/TD) but man it will be hard to sit Dallas. They're just so good in fantasy this year. 

I've had Tampa and Dallas all year.  I've always assumed I'd play Tampa vs the Jets if I made the finals (which is now basically a lock after that last blocked kick/TD) but man it will be hard to sit Dallas. They're just so good in fantasy this year. 
I'm exactly in this boat...been holding Tampa all month waiting for that W17 Jets matchup, but Dallas is on fire right now and has that 2019 New England DST feel to them where they just rake against anyone...

Patriots were, from a FF perspective, 30th in our league format Week 16. Worrisome?

I’ve been clogging up a roster spot with New England for five (5) weeks waiting for this matchup. Used MIA 4 of the last 5, while CLE rocked Week 14 when both were on a bye.

It couldn’t be any more juicy than JAX @ NE with all the injuries the Jags have had. There’s nothing to think about here, right?

Right?

Seems like a lot of O/U are low Week 17?

DET @ SEA 42.5

NYG @ CHI 37.5

JAX @ NE 41.5

MIA @ TEN 41.0 

CAR @ NO 38.5

CLE @ PIT 40.5

PPG is 22.8 this year, roughly unchanged for the past decade except for last year (24.8). That would imply the average PPG both teams is 45.6. (I could not find the average O/U for 2021.)

11 of the 16 games this week are below 45.5.

Patriots were, from a FF perspective, 30th in our league format Week 16. Worrisome?

I’ve been clogging up a roster spot with New England for five (5) weeks waiting for this matchup. Used MIA 4 of the last 5, while CLE rocked Week 14 when both were on a bye.

It couldn’t be any more juicy than JAX @ NE with all the injuries the Jags have had. There’s nothing to think about here, right?

Right?

DET @ SEA 42.5

NYG @ CHI 37.5

JAX @ NE 41.5

MIA @ TEN 41.0 

CAR @ NO 38.5

CLE @ PIT 40.5

PPG is 22.8 this year, roughly unchanged for the past decade except for last year (24.8). That would imply the average PPG both teams is 45.6. (I could not find the average O/U for 2021.)

Scoring is just getting rocked as I think a lot of teams are running more to just end games sooner especially if tanking. Also qb play has been pretty atrocious leading to just very conservative second halves like Miami yesterday. Third, this covid disruption is really affecting practice and rhythm with these teams. Only a few can execute on a weekly basis.

I think Patriots are a very good play, let alone high floor. Not sure what you'll get from Lawrence but he wasn't terrible last week. Idk- bill ####s up rookie qbs 

So........I have both NO vs. Carolina and Dallas vs. Arizona defenses in week 17. Was always planning on playing NO, but with Dallas so hot.......which is a better start?

Right?

DET @ SEA 42.5

NYG @ CHI 37.5

JAX @ NE 41.5

MIA @ TEN 41.0 

CAR @ NO 38.5

CLE @ PIT 40.5

Same here waiting on NE for week 17.  Looking at their season, they appear to play much better on the road than at home.  I suppose some of that could be attributed to tougher matchups, but is there something else there where they get focused on the road and lax at home?

Plus they haven't been looking too hot the last 2 weeks.  I also have BUF defense (ATL) so it's not the worst thing to steer clear of NE.  Like you said, though - Jacksonville.

robb said:
So........I have both NO vs. Carolina and Dallas vs. Arizona defenses in week 17. Was always planning on playing NO, but with Dallas so hot.......which is a better start?
NO.

Chargers a viable play now? They're getting players back, they have the motivation of the playoff race plus getting embarrassed last week, Denver players are dropping like flies, and it's still Drew Lock starting.

Chargers a viable play now? They're getting players back, they have the motivation of the playoff race plus getting embarrassed last week, Denver players are dropping like flies, and it's still Drew Lock starting.

After what LAC D did last week I'd be petrified to start them.

Are the packers a better play compared to the Eagles? 
With Cousins out, yes! Packers have climbed in the rankings for good reasons.

I'm playing the Bears over Eagles...fwiw.
Yes to da Bears. 

I'm playing NE in one league and sticking with DAL in another... so far. I see the Eagles and da Browns, but honestly hard to bench DAL. Kyler Murry can still turn it over. DAL is opportunistic. Gotta ride em. Giddy Up Cowboys!

Important for those considering the TB D. Was pretty sure I was going to roll with them over CHI D, but now this finishes that debate:

JAMEL DEANDB, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Bucs activated CB Jamel Dean from the reserve/COVID-19 list.

The Bucs also activated CB Sean Murphy-Bunting from the COVID list. Tampa Bay should have no problem shutting down Zach Wilson this week. Outside of Michael Carter, the entire New York offense is an easy fade.

Jan 1, 2022, 4:06 PM ET

I have Dallas in the only 2 finals I am in.

There was some discussion around here somewhere, about "the AZ matchup isn't great" consider other options.

But, this is the finals, they say to start your studs, and from everything I have seen the DALLAS DEFENSE is the #1 fantasy defense in most every ordinary format.

Sure the matchup isn't ideal, but another strong showing by what looks to be an elite defense wouldn't surprise me so I'm not deviating.

Although I have other options, I am rolling out Dallas and if they have a bad day then so be it.  I'm not getting cute in the finals.

:football:

I started the week off thinking the Eagles were going to be a great play, but GB playing in zero degree weather against a team with a CFL level QB is looking pretty good.
I am in the same spot. Washington has been terrible lately and the Eagles should do well. 

I am in the same spot. Washington has been terrible lately and the Eagles should do well. 
I guess I question good is the Phily defense really is. Washington will be playing at home with their pride on the line. It wasn't like Washington's defense had a great fantasy day against them a few weeks back. I'm not saying Phily won't do well, I'm just questioning if they are the slam dunk some people are saying they are...I think GB might be the better play at home.

I had a Green Bay/Philly dilemma, too. I went GB but should not be taken as authority. I don't think my research is commensurate with a playoff decision, really. I went really low temps and a lowel-level backup QB to make my decision. 

I guess I question good is the Phily defense really is. Washington will be playing at home with their pride on the line. It wasn't like Washington's defense had a great fantasy day against them a few weeks back. I'm not saying Phily won't do well, I'm just questioning if they are the slam dunk some people are saying they are...I think GB might be the better play at home.

I had a Green Bay/Philly dilemma, too. I went GB but should not be taken as authority. I don't think my research is commensurate with a playoff decision, really. I went really low temps and a lowel-level backup QB to make my decision. 
It’s really a tough choice. 

Washington is a disaster right now and Philly has played well. 

My biggest worry about Green Bay is if Dalvin Cook has a big game on the ground and the Sack/interception opportunities are limited for the Packers.

Still need to figure this out.

Have Dallas in two leagues, then Chicago and Green Bay in each one as a second option. FBG projections are of limited use given one guy loves Dallas and has the other two mid table, the other guy loves the Packers/Bears and thinks Dallas is mediocre this week. Thoughts?

Have Dallas in two leagues, then Chicago and Green Bay in each one as a second option. FBG projections are of limited use given one guy loves Dallas and has the other two mid table, the other guy loves the Packers/Bears and thinks Dallas is mediocre this week. Thoughts?
Wish I had advice for you. I also have DAL and picked up CHI this week. Likely will end up playing DAL as they have been on fire lately, but the CHI matchup against NYG is really attractive. Would love any other insights folks have.

Washington DE Montez Sweat (personal) will not play in Week 17 against the Eagles.

Sweat was excused by Washington after his brother was fatally shot earlier this week. It's a horribly sad situation for Sweat, who is having a solid season on the field. He has five sacks and three forced fumbles across 10 games.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jan 2, 2022, 10:29 AM ET

titusbramble said:
Stick with Dallas.  Dallas D playing great and Cardinals haven’t been good lately.  The Cards will put up some points but there will be turnovers as well.   The other options are good but they are match up plays and not necessarily good defenses.  Give me the good/great defense……Dallas 

Polish Hammer said:
Wish I had advice for you. I also have DAL and picked up CHI this week. Likely will end up playing DAL as they have been on fire lately, but the CHI matchup against NYG is really attractive. Would love any other insights folks have.
I am the underdog and starting Mutray, Ertz and Edminds and because of that am starting Chicago over Dallas.

Users who are viewing this thread