What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3-4 defense (1 Viewer)

GI-Dawgs

Footballguy
I can think of 4 that played a basic 3-4 in '04, New England, Pittsburgh, Houston, and Oakland. With talk of Denver, Dallas and a few others looking at swithcing and ya gotta figure Cleveland will definatley go to a 3-4. How many will we see this year?

baltimore and san diego also play 3-4.in addition to denver and dallas, i could see minnesota and san fran switching to the 3-4 this offseason.

Thnaks, forgot about Baltimore and San Diego.
It was mentioned here recently that Baltimore could very well be moving to a 4-3.
I think that will depend alot on Ed Hartwell. If he stays they might stay in the 3-4 but I think they really want to put Suggs back at DE.

I believe Baltimore has been going back and forth (3-4 to 4-3 to 3-4) the past several years. I dont mean they switch from year to year but they played a 4-3 just a few years ago, I'm fairly certain.

Anyone think Miami will be moving to a 3-4??? I think if they did this would kill Jayson Taylor's production at DL. Or would they move him to OLb?

Anyone think Miami will be moving to a 3-4??? I think if they did this would kill Jayson Taylor's production at DL. Or would they move him to OLb?
If they switch, and I thnk they will - Kevin Carter & the other DEs they are pursuing in FA fir the scheme - Taylor will most definitely be an OLB. Think about what Kevin Greene did in PIT as a 4-3 DE who stood up when he went to the 3-4. He was a sack monster.

San Fran will be using a 3-4 scheme as well as 4-3 under Nolan. Using a healthy Peterson and Carter as OLBs would give them a formidable pass rush. I don’t know if the current players on the DL are suited for the formation. The current Ourlads depth chart shows the 49ers in a 3-4 formation.

Isn't Peterson too light at 235 to be a 3-4 OLB?
I get the impression that Nolan doesn't think so. Make of this what you will.
However, Peterson has said that he plans to be present as a spectator in order to keep up with a possible transition from the 4-3 to the 3-4 defensive scheme under Nolan.

“He will mean a lot to what we do, whether it is 3-4 or 4-3,” Nolan explained. “As I said earlier, I believe the 3-4 puts him in the position to make plays more often, but he is a player that can make a lot of plays in the 4-3. So really what it comes down to are the people around him. I will say he probably has more to do with the success we’ll have defensively than he does with what scheme we actually play.”
http://www.sf49ers.com/newsroom/DisplayNews.asp?newsID=2293

Isn't Peterson too light at 235 to be a 3-4 OLB?
I honestly don't think there is anything that Julian Peterson can't do. That guy could play just about any position in any scheme and find a way to contribute.

I see that SF is using a 3-4 this year, but I coulda sworn they did last year too. Is that incorrect? Was Smith MLB with no other ILBs?

Users who are viewing this thread