What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3rd place game? Not for anything? (1 Viewer)

cctravis

Footballguy
I am playing in a 3rd place game now in one of me leagues. Is this game for nothing? The 3rd place team can not qualify for the championship, consolation or toilet bowl from my understanding?

Can someone clarify?

If you lost week 12, you're either already in the championship (seed 1 or 2) or the consolation (seed 3 or 4) bracket. Nothing to be gained or lost from the 3rd place game. At least as far as I can tell.

There may be some administrative things where they may want to make it easier to see who was in the playoffs.

If you lost week 12, you're either already in the championship (seed 1 or 2) or the consolation (seed 3 or 4) bracket. Nothing to be gained or lost from the 3rd place game. At least as far as I can tell.There may be some administrative things where they may want to make it easier to see who was in the playoffs.
Your explanation is 100% accurate.There will be a Championship and Consolation Leaderboards finalized sometime next Tuesday/Wednesday which will show all qualifying teams in each.

So you are still playing for the consolation prize? But when I check that leader board it shows only like 10 teams? Does this weeks game not count towards that anyway?

If you lost week 12, you're either already in the championship (seed 1 or 2) or the consolation (seed 3 or 4) bracket. Nothing to be gained or lost from the 3rd place game. At least as far as I can tell.There may be some administrative things where they may want to make it easier to see who was in the playoffs.
Your explanation is 100% accurate.There will be a Championship and Consolation Leaderboards finalized sometime next Tuesday/Wednesday which will show all qualifying teams in each.

cctravis said:
So you are still playing for the consolation prize? But when I check that leader board it shows only like 10 teams? Does this weeks game not count towards that anyway?

Consolation Leaderboard will be set up sometime tomorrow or Wednesday and will include all league playoff teams which did not advance to the Championship round. It will run Weeks 14-16

If the consolation is running from week 14-16 why does it have week 13 and 14 added together currently?

Very confused please clarify.

If the consolation is running from week 14-16 why does it have week 13 and 14 added together currently?Very confused please clarify.
Each team will start the Consolation Round with their one-game point average from the regular season (weeks 1-11) and will be seeded according to these points. Points scored during Weeks 12 & 13 are not counted toward this one-game average. Consolation Round winner(s) will be determined based on each team's total points scored during Weeks 14, 15 & 16 and added to their one-game point average from the regular season.

Users who are viewing this thread