What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

4 spots left in Salary cap/Contract IDP dynasty (season 1) (1 Viewer)

Dev131

Footballguy
Hey guys! I'm hosting a IDP (individual defensive player) League! It is a 12 manned league that is year round. I'm only looking for experienced fantasy players. So if you check your fantasy once per month then shame on you! Alright lets get down to business. This league will start officially when the Rookie draft starts on 8/28/14. after the rookie draft we will move to the free agency auction. Once our teams are set up then we will get ready to aim for gold! You can trade players for more reasons then just to spice up a boring league. This league is the most Realistic/Simulator for anyone that wants to take the NFL general manager experience.

Cap Room an contracts $$$

When the season starts you will have a set Cap Room. That means you will have a limited amount of money to spend on free agents. That means you can have any player you want... So long as you don't mind having to fill the rest of your team from the scraps of other owners who spent their money smart! Know when the price is to high, have a strategy, Plan ahead! I will set the cap room each year after the first to simulate a realistic fan base. If you come in last place you will have less fans then the teams that made playoffs, an the playoff teams will have less then the super bowl winner. (It's just common sense) Using your cap room you will have to sign contracts with players. You can decide how long you want the player on your team, and how much you're willing to spend. So in other words if you think Peyton Manning will be great for years to come you can use a four year contract to tie him to your team. If after a year he starts disappointing you, you can drop him an his contract (but be ready to pay the money that was guaranteed in the contract) or you can trade him an his contract for either players, or draft picks. So with the contract system you have full control on how to use your players. You can either decide to ride out Eddie Lacy until he crashes, Or you can trade him off at his peak for players or Draft picks. Teams will get 1-4 year contract 2-3 year contracts an 3-2 year contracts. So choose wisely who you want to lock up for a couple of years.

Rookie Draft

The rookie draft will happen every year. All the collage players coming into the NFL will be at your finger tips. The draft order will depend on where you place during the season. Last place will get 1st pick an 1st place will get last. The rookie draft will be 3 rounds. In those 3 rounds you can change your teams direction in anyway. You can get the plug in starters to have an immediate turn around that might last for a short period of time, Or Pick the players that you know will rise up to become one of the greats. Some players you will have to wait years for them to pay off, others week one. You can now hold on to those sleeper players will a 25 manned roster! But always be careful some first picks could be a bust so always make sure you do your homework.

Free Agency Auction

Every player in the NFL has been dropped by their team an these 12 teams pick the ones they want most. But remember nothing comes free. Using cap room an contracts players will fill up their roster with players to form their dynasty. Auction battles will occur. For instance one team may bid 100K on drew brees for a two year deal. Next thing you know another team puts 500k for one year! you counter with 1M for for 3 an next thing you know a random team puts in 20M for one year! The player uses an algorithmic method to act as a player agent. He will look for the most money, Best chance at long term, an consistency. You can use these auctions on high value targets as a chance to give your self some breathing room. If you know someone is going to grab Calvin johnson for any amount then spice things up an throw a 20M dollar deal at him to make opponents pay more an lose cap room while you remain at the top. Be careful not to put too much an no one pays so your out 20M. The auction will come after the rookie draft so make sure you fill in the needed positions. 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1K 3LB 2DT 2DE 2CB 2S.

There is SOOO much more but i don't have time to write it down so email me if interested or need more information ASAP im sure this post wont last the night! The site Fee is $10 an the league buy in will be voted on once the roster is filled. All rules positions an Salaries can be voted to change. I may be hosting but together we for the General Manager League. email me at devanhoulihan@yahoo.com (I'm a huge football nerd so im up day an night so im always available to get a hold of.) When buy ins are established the money will be held on Leaguesafe.com) For any other information email me! Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread