What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

5 player trade - vet my thought process pls (1 Viewer)

Largent72

Footballguy
.5 PPR
Give:
Brady/Aaron Jones/Jeff Wilson/Sutton/E.Moore

Get:
Trev Lawerence/Javonta W/McKinnon/AJ Brown/Jeudy

My starters currently:
QB1 Murray
RB1________
RB2 Penny/Hunt/Pierce
WR1 Jefferson
WR2 Higgins
WR ________
TE: Andrews
FLEX: Dotson or one of the RB2's.

I feel Javonta is going to end up more reliable than Aaron J. Both in share scenario but AJ Dillon > Gordon imo.
AJ Brown is the best player in the trade, and I land him and sacrifice some bench depth.
With Murray seemingly struggling, and not as consistant as I'd like, Brady as a plan B was starting to scare me. The swap for Lawrence to me will be an upgrade and potential comfortable starter in the not so distant future,

Thoughts>

Redraft or dynasty? It likely matters.

Assuming redraft, I don't see the other guy accepting the deal. It's fairly heavily in your favor.

Assuming redraft, I don't see the other guy accepting the deal. It's fairly heavily in your favor.
I definitely agree with Gally, this trade offer is too heavily loaded in your favor, at least in dynasty, I do not believe you will find a trading partner for this offer. I don't play redraft, so my thoughts are more related to dynasty leagues, but might carry over to redraft leagues.

In dynasty leagues and if you break your offer into pieces, Brady is considered pretty much toast at his age. So trading Brady for Trevor Lawrence just isn't going to happen, and this part of the offers will probably kill this entire trade situation all by itself. I recently learned that Aaron Jones is kind of a polarizing player, but he will be 28 years old in December, there is some debate as to how much he still has in the tank, but he should start experiencing a decline in the near future (the commonly accepted 30 year old RB wall concept). Dynasty owners generally prefer younger players over older players of similar value, so a lot of owners may lean Javonte Williams over Aaron Jones, but astute owners will probably prefer Williams.

When I read this offer, I see a common theme of giving older players and receiving younger players, but in my opinion, your offer is just too heavily weighted in your favor at least in dynasty leagues.

Gally is a pretty sharp guy, so I trust him, when he says this trade offer probably will not be accepted in redraft, I'll trust him with that.

I definitely agree with Gally, this trade offer is too heavily loaded in your favor, at least in dynasty, I do not believe you will find a trading partner for this offer. I don't play redraft, so my thoughts are more related to dynasty leagues, but might carry over to redraft leagues.

In dynasty leagues and if you break your offer into pieces, Brady is considered pretty much toast at his age. So trading Brady for Trevor Lawrence just isn't going to happen, and this part of the offers will probably kill this entire trade situation all by itself. I recently learned that Aaron Jones is kind of a polarizing player, but he will be 28 years old in December, there is some debate as to how much he still has in the tank, but he should start experiencing a decline in the near future (the commonly accepted 30 year old RB wall concept). Dynasty owners generally prefer younger players over older players of similar value, so a lot of owners may lean Javonte Williams over Aaron Jones, but astute owners will probably prefer Williams.

When I read this offer, I see a common theme of giving older players and receiving younger players, but in my opinion, your offer is just too heavily weighted in your favor at least in dynasty leagues.

Gally is a pretty sharp guy, so I trust him, when he says this trade offer probably will not be accepted in redraft, I'll trust him with that.

this is re-draft -sorry should have been more specific. It was accepted last night. He was 0-3 and needed the RBC depth badly...albeit with Wilson only a few weeks.

this is re-draft -sorry should have been more specific. It was accepted last night. He was 0-3 and needed the RBC depth badly...albeit with Wilson only a few weeks.
I am shocked he accepted it but it was more likely in a redraft than dynasty. Nice move for you.

.5 PPR
Give:
Brady/Aaron Jones/Jeff Wilson/Sutton/E.Moore

Get:
Trev Lawerence/Javonta W/McKinnon/AJ Brown/Jeudy

My starters currently:
QB1 Murray
RB1________
RB2 Penny/Hunt/Pierce
WR1 Jefferson
WR2 Higgins
WR ________
TE: Andrews
FLEX: Dotson or one of the RB2's.

I feel Javonta is going to end up more reliable than Aaron J. Both in share scenario but AJ Dillon > Gordon imo.
AJ Brown is the best player in the trade, and I land him and sacrifice some bench depth.
With Murray seemingly struggling, and not as consistant as I'd like, Brady as a plan B was starting to scare me. The swap for Lawrence to me will be an upgrade and potential comfortable starter in the not so distant future,

Thoughts>
I see a beautiful arm at work but I don't see a future HOFer in Lawrence.
Brady is a fine backup QB.

You've got a Denver thing going on and they're stinking so that's probably making you tinker with the roster. I can totally get behind trading any Bronco but...just do that. You're otherwise better off as is

Not to be mean, but I have to question some of the reason he is 0-3 is because he is willing to make a trade like that. I can see this trade more likely happening in a re-draft instead of a dynasty league through. Panicking at 0-3 is kind of a knee jerk reaction, sometimes losing streaks happen, and 0-3 doesn't guarantee he is absolutely out of the playoffs.

I guess this statement threw me off, and I was thinking possible keeper or dynasty league. But as Gally stated, nice deal for you. Also you were trading a lot of older players for younger players, so I guess I was very confused, and I doubting that your league was a redraft league.

Do you have a good shot at the title?

I'm 3-0 and one of maybe 4 teams (10 team) that realistically has a shot at the title. I'm not sure he's getting fleeced here - upgrade arguably at RB with Jones/Wilson vs Javonta/McKinnon.

He dresses Tua at QB (maybe not this week), but Brady will improve with the WR's coming back and the first three games playing Dallas, N.O, and GB - all good D's. Lawerence to me is still a ? - he's showing up so far, has a lot of weapons and Pederson made Foles a SB winner.

WR's for him pre trade - Pitmann, AJ, and Jeudy/Julio Jones.....now he's Pitmann/Sutton/Elijah/Jones....Moore will begin to ascend.

RB's for him pre trade - Dalvin/Javonta/Akers.....now Dalvin/AJones/Jeff Wilson/Akers.....so he's getting support while Akers either improves or at worst has a decent RB3.

All in all, I'm getting AJ Brown in the deal and debatable in Aaron Jones or Javonta finish up or down...both in the time share.

I understand this is redraft league, and this deal is better in that format.

AJ Brown wasn't the only place where you upgraded. I would definitely consider Trevor Lawrence over Brady an upgrade, in my league Lawrence scored almost twice as many points as Brady. Tampa Bay's OL and WRs are also in a shaky situation. Assuming a 45 year old Brady will improve is a bit of a reach. also in the past, Jones and sometimes Godwin has struggled with injuries, so I wouldn't consider their WRs a guarantee to fully return soon. Well I'll stop here, just speaking my opinion, maybe my perception is askew, and I am still using dynasty league eyes when evaluating this trade situation.

That is just my opinion, I do not have any dogs in this fight.

Congrats on your sweet trade!

Users who are viewing this thread