What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

50 Shades of Grey (1 Viewer)

Marvin

Footballguy
So my wife asks me the other day if I've ever heard of a book called "50 Shades of Grey". Apparently it is all the rage and a big topic of conversation in among women. I'd never heard of it so I looked it up.

The two phrases that pop up are "mommy pron" and "Twilight for adults".

From what I can gather it sounds like a pretty stupid and poorly written book BUT apparently it's smuttiness is appealing to broads.

Anyone?

Total Mommy pron. It's Twilight for MILFS. It's Spanish Fly for Soccer Moms. It's the defrost button for frigid white #######!

The message here is that all soccer moms want to be bound and spanked and told they deserve every whack of the paddle.

What was this about a book?

:hophead:

For you or your wife/ SO?I showed my wife a review of this and asked her if she'd be interested in reading it...Her response after reading the review was "you just want me to read this so I'll have sex with you!"Duh.then she said, "yeah, that looks like it could be good." :eek: :excited:

For you or your wife/ SO?I showed my wife a review of this and asked her if she'd be interested in reading it...Her response after reading the review was "you just want me to read this so I'll have sex with you!"Duh.then she said, "yeah, that looks like it could be good." :eek: :excited:
Yes, I meant I ordered it for her.My wife is already aware of the book actually. She brought it up to me and said "this is supposed to be good and sexy. Maybe you'd like to read it." I responded that I think it was actually geared more towards women, but that she should read it and let me know if she liked it. She hasn't started it yet. :kicksrock:

Yes, I meant I ordered it for her.My wife is already aware of the book actually. She brought it up to me and said "this is supposed to be good and sexy. Maybe you'd like to read it." I responded that I think it was actually geared more towards women, but that she should read it and let me know if she liked it. She hasn't started it yet. :kicksrock:
Let us know how it goes. The wife's b-day is coming up and as usual, I'm clueless. This could be a gift for both of us, sounds like...

My wife was without book for once (waiting to come in from library) so I picked this up Friday. :pickle: with some spice. Recommended (wife liked the Twilight books, this is much more grown up).

This article says it's a trilogy. Link. The excerpts are unbelievably funny.

I think after your wife reads it, you get lucky every time you wear a silver tie.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife is reading it now. She mentioned to me the line where she was bound to the bedpost and totally aroused. I told her we have a sleigh bed but I could figure something out. LOL

Then she mentioned she never heard of nipple clamps before. I told her we can make a trip to the Adult Store to show her some and see if she would be interested. She will think about it. YES

Like NJDawgPound said rewards will be reaped.

I think it was the late great Gene Siskel who once opined: "I never argue insipid romance novels. I sported wood. You didn't."

My wife is reading this one now. I'm okay with her reading this book so far.
This worked for me for awhile, but my wife ended up giving up reading this because the writing was so terrible (including being unable to get over, in her words, an "unenforceable contract"). Usually I like having an intelligent wife. Worked against me this time. :kicksrock:

For you or your wife/ SO?I showed my wife a review of this and asked her if she'd be interested in reading it...

Her response after reading the review was "you just want me to read this so I'll have sex with you!"

Duh.

then she said, "yeah, that looks like it could be good."

:eek: :excited:
Mighta missed a beat here, something along the lines of "Why don't we read it together?" :excited: At this point maybe try: "Let's check out that book you brought..."

ibisreader is the best desktop system IMO. Wife read the first one too. I read about half of it and couldn't fight through the writing.

I have already put the other two on her ibis.

For you or your wife/ SO?I showed my wife a review of this and asked her if she'd be interested in reading it...

Her response after reading the review was "you just want me to read this so I'll have sex with you!"

Duh.

then she said, "yeah, that looks like it could be good."

:eek: :excited:
Mighta missed a beat here, something along the lines of "Why don't we read it together?" :excited: At this point maybe try: "Let's check out that book you brought..."
If I want to partake in foreplay with her, I don't need the book. I was hoping the book would create a scenario where she's ready to just jump to the good stuff right away.

I loaded this onto the wife's Kindle Fire. Don't think she's even opened it yet...likely just rolls her eyes when she sees it in the carousel.

:mellow:

Wife has read it 3 nights so far and we are batting 100%......we are talking mid week nookie here fellas!

GF just got assigned it from her all-chick "book club". Will report back once she starts reading it. The last month's book was "A Clockwork Orange". :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread