What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Countdown of my top 101 Neil Young songs. Now with entries 102-204, notable covers and other stuff (1 Viewer)

OK, @jwb, here we go.

Song of the Seasons -- Starts out like a standard Neil acoustic song opening, but once Neil starts singing, you can tell this is of newer vintage. When his voice shows its age, it's most apparent on the acoustic stuff. He warbles a lot now. The harmonica and accordion (the latter presumably by Nils Lofgren) are nicely done. The lyrics, featuring lots of nature imagery, are nothing outstanding, but they are pleasant and not cringey, which is a win for him these days. While not up to the standards of his best acoustic stuff, this wouldn't sound out of place on Prairie Wind, which is also a win for him these days.

Heading West -- Like Don't Be Denied, this is a song about moving from Toronto to Winnipeg as a child, and is deeply autobiographical. He gets highly specific about real-life details like being separated from his brother, who stayed with their father in Toronto while Neil moved out west with his mother. The musical backing is standard Crazy Horse crunch, not all that different from what we heard a few years ago on Colorado. A good listen. 

Change Ain't Never Gonna -- Led by harmonica and barrelhouse piano, this song opens with a lyrical callback (to Ten Men Workin' from This Note's for You) but quickly unravels into political ramblings. As has been typical with his political songs of the 21st century, Neil tries to cram in too many words and kills the flow of the song. Mercifully ending after less than 3 minutes and not as embarrassing as much of the political stuff on The Monsanto Years and The Visitor, it is nonetheless something I don't expect to want to revisit much.

Canerican -- Opening with muscular riffage, this one gets your attention quickly. The lyrics are again autobiographical, going into how he came to America from Canada. While he calls out some of the worst elements of American life, he does so in a pretty stately way, without coming off as "old man yells at clouds" like so much of his recent work. The chorus is a bit clunky, probably because none of them can sing much anymore, but this is very high quality by post-2012 standards.

Shape of You -- Appears to be a love song to wife Daryl Hannah. He doesn't have the vocal chops to pull off something like this anymore. The "Shape of YOOOOU" on the chorus is just not a pleasant listening experience, he sounds like a drunk guy who came out for open mic night. Feels like it was written, rehearsed and recorded in the span of less than 30 minutes. There's no way this sees the light of day if someone with less clout than Neil Young comes up with it. 

They Might Be Lost -- This sounds like something out of side 1 of Hawks & Doves, of all things. The harmonica does much of the heavy lifting, which is good given the state of Neil's voice these days. It tells a story, not the kind of thing Neil does a whole lot these days, but leaves a lot of mystery in the air, as much of the second half of the song is instrumental. This song has subtlety, which has been missing from much of Neil's work this century, so that's a welcome development. 

Human Race -- Cut from the same cloth as The Monsanto Years material. Musically, hard-charging and forthright, recalling some of his greatest electric work. Lyrically, a lot of ranting and raving and finger pointing about environmental issues. Some seriously apocalyptic stuff going on in here. Would be happy to see this live -- it'd hopefully be too loud for me to hear the lyrics.

Tumblin' Thru the Years -- A jaunty song with nostalgic lyrics. Reminds me a bit of One of These Days in that way. 

Welcome Back -- "Gonna sing an old song to you right now/One that you heard before" backed by a slow electric grind makes you think of Cortez the Killer at first. But this actually sounds like the more ethereal tracks from Sleeps With Angels. "Welcome back, welcome back/It's not the same/The shade is just you blinking" sounds like a message about global warming, but it's delivered hauntingly, without the judgmental postures that have characterized Neil's "message" music for the last 20 years. Great stuff.

Don't Forget Love -- A piano ballad with a nice sentiment, the song relies far too much on singing to do what it needs to do, and Neil and the Horse just aren't up to that anymore. 

This is a very hard record to pin down. The sound is all over the place, as are the quality of the songs. It's hard to fathom that Welcome Back and Shape of You would come from the same artist. It's just Neil being Neil, and given that he's 76 years old and we're in the middle of a pandemic, we have to be thankful for that. 

Would anything make my top 101? No.

Would anything make my top 204? Welcome Back and Canerican would be considered. 

Really good stuff Pip. I'm pretty sure if I could find room for Carnival in my own top 101, I could find room for Welcome Back too :)

On that note, I just reread your review of Carnival because I needed a good laugh after a root canal. Your "Monster Mash vibe" line cracks me up. 

Heads-up: Neil sent a letter to his management and record company asking them to take his music down from Spotify in protest of their hosting of Joe Rogan’s podcasts (he objects to their vaccine-related content).

He had also posted the letter publicly but then took it down, so it’s unclear if he will follow through.

Heads-up: Neil sent a letter to his management and record company asking them to take his music down from Spotify in protest of their hosting of Joe Rogan’s podcasts (he objects to their vaccine-related content).

He had also posted the letter publicly but then took it down, so it’s unclear if he will follow through.
I sure hope not. It would be pretty disappointing not to be able to listen to one of my favorites anymore.

I think he just sold some element of his rights in them, though, so it's unclear whether he has control of it for now. He may very well have control of it, but I think last year he sold publishing rights for a ton of money to some venture capitalist music clearing house. 

rockaction said:
I think he just sold some element of his rights in them, though, so it's unclear whether he has control of it for now. He may very well have control of it, but I think last year he sold publishing rights for a ton of money to some venture capitalist music clearing house. 
He did. So that may well mean he doesn’t have control over whether his music is on Spotify or not. It isn’t clear at this point — but it could be a factor in why he took the public message down.

He did. So that may well mean he doesn’t have control over whether his music is on Spotify or not. It isn’t clear at this point — but it could be a factor in why he took the public message down.
That's what I thought. I saw it trending on Twitter last night and immediately checked Spotify and it was still there. Then I read a P'fork article where he had sold the rights to the publishing, but I don't know about the sound recordings. Usually in standard contracts, the record company owns a portion of those sound recordings, too, and then the masters revert to the artist after a period of time. But some don't. Under copyright, if you own a stake in the bundle of rights that copyright grants, you can use it as you wish. So if he's got a joint owner, he's up a creek if they want to use it. 

We shall see what happens. It would be a pretty significant loss if they were yanked. I listen to a lot more Neil since you did your countdown. Granted, they're the basics, but they're available. 

Welp. That stinks. 

That is a really odd stance to take because it doesn't really punish anybody but the listeners of his music. Spotify is going to go on being the standard-bearers of the streaming services and Neil's going to be Neil. I find it highly unlikely that enough people will leave Spotify to move the needle of importance and weight needed to get them to capitulate on this particular stance. 

But one must do what is in one's conscience, and I think you can't really have the music without Neil's conscience. They're part and parcel to the gig, as he's made known throughout his career. 

rockaction said:
Welp. That stinks. 

That is a really odd stance to take because it doesn't really punish anybody but the listeners of his music. Spotify is going to go on being the standard-bearers of the streaming services and Neil's going to be Neil. I find it highly unlikely that enough people will leave Spotify to move the needle of importance and weight needed to get them to capitulate on this particular stance. 

But one must do what is in one's conscience, and I think you can't really have the music without Neil's conscience. They're part and parcel to the gig, as he's made known throughout his career. 
Yes. He’s also very impulsive, which could have come into play here. However, he has never wanted to be on Spotify because he hates the sound quality, and he pulled his music from it before and only put it back after learning how many of his fans listen to him there. So this stance enables him to do something he wanted to do anyway. There’s just as much vaccine misinformation on YouTube and he hasn’t pulled his music from there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
"Deep Tracks" station on SiriusXM is "Neil Young Radio" until Feb.3.  I discovered this today in the car and then was subject to it for a long time because OH is, aside from Pip and OH's friend Tim, the biggest Neil Young fan I know.  Great listening, and I thought I'd mention it for anyone looking for their Neil fix these days.

I don't see it mentioned as much as it should be, it's of course easier to just use an attention grabbing headline like NEIL YOUNG VS. JOE ROGAN: ONE MUST GO. But Young is a childhood polio survivor and nearly died from it in the last major outbreak. The vaccine came along a few years later and obviously there hasn't been one since. 

I remember when I first saw the video for “Wonderin” from his record with the Shocking Pinks. That’s the one where the record label sued him, claiming something like beach of contract for releasing such terrible music. Neil won that fight and earned the title of rock star who absolutely does not give a single #### and will do whatever he wants no matter what. 

I remember when I first saw the video for “Wonderin” from his record with the Shocking Pinks. That’s the one where the record label sued him, claiming something like beach of contract for releasing such terrible music. Neil won that fight and earned the title of rock star who absolutely does not give a single #### and will do whatever he wants no matter what. 
Yep. He was actually sued for not sounding like himself. I had a segment about that earlier in this thread. https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/786493-countdown-of-my-top-101-neil-young-songs-now-with-entries-102-204-notable-covers-and-other-stuff/?do=findComment&comment=22870563

Neil won in that he didn’t have to pay the label any damages, but he lost in that he had to give them two more albums (Landing on Water and Life) after the case was over, and they were the most uninspired of his career up to that point — the only obvious examples of contractual obligation albums in his catalog. They even sound like what Geffen wanted him to sound like (“rock” that was “modern”).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. He’s also very impulsive, which could have come into play here. However, he has never wanted to be on Spotify because he hates the sound quality, and he pulled his music from it before and only put it back after learning how many of his fans listen to him there. So this stance enables him to do something he wanted to do anyway. There’s just as much vaccine misinformation on YouTube and he hasn’t pulled his music from there. 

Yea, it's almost funny to see the takes of some people: "the dummy canceled himself lol"...

This was never either/or - he wanted off, and now he is. Neil gonna Neil. And that's we like him so much.

Yea, it's almost funny to see the takes of some people: "the dummy canceled himself lol"...

This was never either/or - he wanted off, and now he is. Neil gonna Neil. And that's we like him so much.
I noticed in the concert thread you mentioned you were seeing Graham Nash soon. I saw an interview with him on CBS Mornings back in December, and it was good. Anthony Mason interviews Nash about his recent book A Life In Focus. Nash's first love has always been photography. I think you'd like the interview. It's interesting, and after the interview is over, Mason mentions that Nash told him that his first gig in NY was on a Soupy Sales show, and Little Richard was there too. He said afterwards Little Richard was arguing with his guitar player in the elevator for showing off, and that guitar player was Jimi Hendrix! 

I noticed in the concert thread you mentioned you were seeing Graham Nash soon. I saw an interview with him on CBS Mornings back in December, and it was good. Anthony Mason interviews Nash about his recent book A Life In Focus. Nash's first love has always been photography. I think you'd like the interview. It's interesting, and after the interview is over, Mason mentions that Nash told him that his first gig in NY was on a Soupy Sales show, and Little Richard was there too. He said afterwards Little Richard was arguing with his guitar player in the elevator for showing off, and that guitar player was Jimi Hendrix! 

That's a *great* story. Thanks for the link.

My best friend at work used to be an entertainment reporter. She told me one of her most memorable interviews was with Nash about his photography. He was very charming. And after she hung up with him, he called her back, because he was too stoned to realize that he’d dialed the number he had just called instead of the next one on his list. 😂

When I was in the car at lunch, I turned SiriusXM to channel 27, normally Deep Tracks, and learned that until Thanksgiving it is Neil Young Radio.

I caught parts of a recent interview, much of which was about his new album, World Record, which is with Crazy Horse. They played a song from it, Break the Chain, which I liked. This means a lot, because I think much of his output in the 21st century is mediocre to awful. It sounds like the album's lyrics are more "old man yells at clouds about politics and the environment", though.

Other songs they played while I was in the car:

Like a Hurricane
Hey, Hey, My, My (Into the Black)
Harvest
Are You Passionate? (um, ok)

In the interview, Neil mentioned that My, My, Hey, Hey (Out of the Blue) is co-credited to Jeff Blackburn because he came up with a line ("I don't remember which one") and Neil remembered that that's where it came from when he finished the song. "I remembered that he said it, so I gave him credit. I don't actually sit down and write songs with anyone." For the same reason, Frank "Poncho" Sampedro has a co-credit for Rockin' in the Free World, as he uttered the title phrase and then Neil decided to write a song with that title. He also said he loved his brief stint in The Ducks with Blackburn.

Finally got around to listening to Neil's latest studio album, World Record, recorded with Crazy Horse and released in November.

Love Earth -- A simple, jaunty little tune with similar vibe and pacing to Harvest Moon. The highlight is the slide guitar (not sure if played by Neil or Nils Lofgren).

Overhead -- A rambly blues driven by piano. These first two tracks have none of the electric crunch that we typicallly associate with Crazy Horse. Both have plaintive, statement-of-purpose lyrics that outline what is important to Neil without beating you over the head with it (a problem for him for much of the 21st century).

I Walk With You (Earth Ringtone) -- Old Black finally shows up, but this is again a stately, restrained, statement-of-purpose song. These lyrics are more direct about the costs of war and environmental destruction, but they don't overwhelm the tune.

This Old Planet (Changing Days) -- Another piano-driven, singsongy tune about appreciating nature, with prominent accordion (presumably played by Lofgren).

The World (Is in Trouble Now) -- The first somewhat fast tune of the record, it features Neil rattling off lyrics in rapid pace, probably the closest we'll ever get to hearing him rap. The melody recalls Smuggler's Blues, of all things. As you might expect from the title, the lyrics are pretty alarmist.

Break the Chain -- This is the one I had heard before, and it's the first on the record to feature the sound we typically associate with Neil and Crazy Horse. It's an amped-up blues with plenty of squall from Old Black. Neil's solo about halfway through the song is one of his best in years.

The Long Day Before -- This one features pump organ, typically not seen on Crazy Horse records. The harmonies are the best part here (remember that Billy Talbot and Ralph Molina were in a doo-w0p group before CH, and Nils Lofgren has always been a good singer).

Walkin' on the Road (to the Future) -- More pump organ and more singsongy-ness. If the Moldy Peaches sang boomer platitudes about loving love and hating war, it would sound like this. Seriously, the melodic patterns are exactly the same.

The Wonder Won't Wait -- "Take some time to live before you die" may be the best lyric of this record. The music starts out as kind of incoherent but coalesces behind a stomping beat about halfway through.

Chevrolet -- This is a 15-minute song about cars, and in the intro to its video, we hear Neil saying it has "nothing to do with the rest of the record". But in a way it does -- it's Neil's attempt to reconcile his love of cars with their environmental impact on the planet he loves. This is the one song where we get extended passages of soaring guitar like Zuma, Ragged Glory, Psychedelic Pill, etc. The long tracks of Psychedelic Pill are the closest analog to what we have here. If you liked those, you'll like this.

This Old Planet (Reprise) -- A hushed coda to track 4 with Neil on piano unaccompanied.

Overall, this is progress, in a way, as there are no embarrassingly bad songs like the worst tracks of Barn and The Monsanto Years and most of Storytone, Peace Trail and The Visitor. Neil is 77 years old and he's going to write and sing about whatever he wants, and what he wants to write about is "love is good, war is bad, the planet is in danger and must be saved." At least here, he keeps his rants from overwhelming the melodies and structures of the songs, which has been my biggest complaint about his 21st century output. A much different approach to instrumentation and arrangement from what we usually get on Crazy Horse records is a nice surprise as well.

Would any of these songs have made my top 101? No.

Would any of these songs have made my top 204? Break the Chain and Chevrolet would be considered. Chevrolet would likely make it since the long tracks from Psychedelic Pill did.

Glad to see this bumped. Plan to go through the entire thread, but probably will need to wait until I finish my thread first or otherwise I'll go down the rabbit hole and never finish my project. Looking forward to this, though.

Neil and David Crosby didn't end on good terms. Neil never forgave Crosby for disparaging comments he made in 2014 about Daryl Hannah, Neil's then-girlfriend and now-wife. I'd rather focus on the music they made together, so that's what I'll do in this rest of this post. Some of these I mentioned in earlier posts, some I did not.

Almost Cut My Hair (extended version) (alternate version from Deja Vu sessions; released on CSN box set, 1991)

This is even better than the shorter officially released version. One of the best parts is that you can hear a "whoo!" from Crosby as Neil kicks things up around 4:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK3TIYG9mqM

What Are Their Names? (from Crosby's If I Could Only Remember My Name, 1971)

Neil played guitar and sang with a cavalcade of others on this careening, foreboding track from Crosby's atmospheric first solo album. The riff that comes in at 2:30 is unmistakably Neil. The song points fingers at political leaders who send innocent people off to war, and was revived at various points during Crosby's career, including at the 2006 CSNY show I saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a0rDLlSGSo

Eight Miles High (CSNY live in Chicago, 4/15/00)

One of the biggest surprises of the first full-blown CSNY reunion tour since 1974 was the inclusion at some shows of the Byrds' masterpiece Eight Miles High, which Crosby co-wrote. The track at the time was revolutionary for Roger McGuinn's Indian-raga-inspired lead guitar runs. At the performances on this tour (sadly it was not played the night I went), Neil offered his take on McGuinn's parts in his distinctive way. It fits really well.

https://youtu.be/uFTAvPwjSRA?t=9809

Wooden Ships (CSNY live at Wembley, 9/14/74)

This haunting song about survivors of a nuclear war, written by Crosby, Stephen Stills and Paul Kantner, produced some memorable concert moments throughout Crosby's career. On the 1974 CSNY tour, Neil played organ on it, leaving the guitars to C, S and N, and more than held his own. In the video below you can see Neil crack a smile of excitement at 4:48. It was probably the drugs, but I'd like to think he was feeling the music too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhua3NVk8ZU

Homeward Through the Haze (recorded in 1974 for Human Highway, the abandoned CSNY reunion album; released on the CSN box set in 1991)

This may have been my favorite "new" track when the CSN box set was released, despite it being a bit of a downer because it was a reminder of what could have been had everyone's egos not gotten in the way. All four members perform wonderfully on the only track completed for the planned 1974 reunion album, including Crosby on piano and lead vocals and Neil on rhythm guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6DjJ5Rlapk

Pushed It Over the End (CSNY live in Chicago, 8/27/74)

This song, a highlight of the 1974 CSNY tour that was one of my highest-ranked Neil songs that never had an official studio version released, is as good as any to demonstrate how well Crosby and Neil's guitars interact, as they are the only guitarists on this track (Stills and Nash play various keyboards).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InRnUKj8QYA

But Neil and Crosby's most important musical connection was Ohio. Crosby is very closely tied to its history, as he was the one who showed Neil press clippings of the Kent State shootings and who was present when Neil wrote the song. He also was the one who urged Stills and Nash to get to the studio as soon as possible so CSNY could record the song while it was still fresh and raw. The cries of "How many more?" and "Why?" at the end of the studio version are from Crosby, and they were unrehearsed -- he uttered them spontaneously because he was so caught up in the moment.

You know well how it goes when played electric -- but this acoustic version from 1971 (3/10/71 Boston) is revelatory, particularly Crosby's vocal on the coda: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Ohc7kQh5U

OK, this is weird. A handful of Neil songs are showing up on Spotify again. These include:

Rockin' in the Free World (studio electric version)
Tell Me Why
After the Gold Rush
Til the Morning Comes (why?)
Star of Bethlehem (because it's on Emmylou Harris's duets compilation)
Journey Through the Past (because it was on some soundtrack)
Ohio
All of his Buffalo Springfield songs

The overwhelming majority, still not there. But it had been 100% not there and now it's not.

Last edited:
OK, this is weird. A handful of Neil songs are showing up on Spotify again. These include:

Tell Me Why
After the Gold Rush
Ohio
It's 2023 and I still sing those 2 in the shower.
Star of Bethlehem is so utterly bleak with just a hint of hope at the end -- a lamp in a hall lit by someone else.
Journey Through the Past is so simple and gutwrenching. I first heard it on a bootleg CD of a live acoustic concert of his in the early 70's. The vocals over the piano banging at the end just tear me up.
Good music, to me, is music that gets past all my defenses and affects.... me. He's done that better than anyone.

Now Rockin' in the Free World is gone again. But the others I listed are still there. And two more ATGR tracks have shown up -- Southern Man and Don't Let It Bring You Down.

Also there are two of his songs from Live Aid -- The Needle and the Damage Done and Nothing Is Perfect.

Tell Me Why
After the Gold Rush
Ohio

Star of Bethlehem is so utterly bleak with just a hint of hope at the end -- a lamp in a hall lit by someone else.
I never paid it much attention when I was younger and listening to it in the context of American Stars 'N Bars, an album whose sequencing and construction is haphazard at best.

But it is PERFECT as the closer of the long-lost Homegrown album that was finally issued in 2020. The bleakness of most of it perfectly encapsulates the heartbreaking songs that came before it, and the "lamp in the hall" moment is the best possible way to end things.

Now Rockin' in the Free World is gone again. But the others I listed are still there. And two more ATGR tracks have shown up -- Southern Man and Don't Let It Bring You Down.

Also there are two of his songs from Live Aid -- The Needle and the Damage Done and Nothing Is Perfect.
There is also a live CSN&Y album (Live in NY) where he sings Down By The River, Cinnamon Girl, Like a Hurricane, Only Love Can Break Your Heart, Southern Man and Ohio. Also, he sings Helpless on The Last Waltz.

There is also a live CSN&Y album (Live in NY) where he sings Down By The River, Cinnamon Girl, Like a Hurricane, Only Love Can Break Your Heart, Southern Man and Ohio. Also, he sings Helpless on The Last Waltz.
Yes, I did notice that too. Was not aware of the existence of the CSNY live thing until yesterday.

Tell Me Why
After the Gold Rush
Ohio

The overwhelming majority, still not there. But it had been 100% not there and now it's not.
There’s also a few CSNY live albums being added and the Neil songs are playable - unlike where they grey them out on other live recordings or on albums like Deja Vu.

Not sure if you've seen his cover version of "Changes" by Phil Ochs (you probably have) but it's wonderful

I have. I discussed the song on p. 13 in a post about my favorite cover songs Neil has performed.

Changes (writen by Phil Ochs; released on A Letter Home, 2014)

For A Letter Home, Neil collaborated with Jack White and recorded everything -- all covers -- in a tiny 1947 vinyl recording booth. And it produced a scratchy sound like that from a record from 1947. A whole album of this is a bit much on the ears. But there are some highlights, including this one by folksinger Phil Ochs. In structure it's not that much different from Neil's own folkier tracks. It is also the song from this album with the most live performances, so presumably Neil was happy with the results.

Since Anarchy99 and John Madden's Lunchbox do a good job of compiling rankings from outside sources for the artist countdowns they have run, I figured I'd post what I could find for Neil aside from Rolling Stone's garbage list.

Ultimate Classic Rock:
1. Rockin' in the Free World (my rank: 2)
2. Ohio (my rank: 4)
3. Old Man (my rank: 12)
4. Cinnamon Girl (my rank: 21)
5. Heart of Gold (my rank: 50)
6. The Needle and the Damage Done (my rank: 36)
7. Cowgirl in the Sand (my rank: 9)
8. Helpless (my rank: 5)
9. After the Gold Rush (my rank: 16)
10. Down by the River (my rank: 3)

Billboard:
1. Down by the River (my rank: 3)
2. Hey, Hey, My, My (my rank: 6)
3. Heart of Gold (my rank: 50)
4. Southern Man (my rank: 10)
5. Rockin' in the Free World (my rank: 2)
6. Powderfinger (my rank: 7)
7. Harvest Moon (my rank: 45)
8. Like a Hurricane (my rank: 17)
9. Sugar Mountain (my rank: 111)
10. Cinnamon Girl (my rank: 21)
11. After the Gold Rush (my rank: 16)
12. Albuquerque (my rank: 86)
13. F*!#in’ Up (my rank: 11)
14. Wrecking Ball (my rank: 62)
15. Cortez the Killer (my rank: 1)
16. Will to Love (my rank: did not make top 204)
17. Old Man (my rank: 12)
18. Cowgirl in the Sand (my rank: 9)
19. Let's Impeach the President (my rank: did not make top 204)
20. Sleeps with Angels (my rank: did not make top 204)
21. Walk On (my rank: 29)
22. Comes a Time (my rank: 53)
23. Walk Like a Giant (my rank: 174)
24. Like an Inca (my rank: 66)
25. The Needle and the Damage Done (my rank: 36)

WMGK:
1. After the Gold Rush (my rank: 16)
2. Cinnamon Girl (my rank: 21)
3. Powderfinger (my rank: 7)
4. Down by the River (my rank: 3)
5. Southern Man (my rank: 10)
6. Ohio (my rank: 4)
7. Sugar Mountain (my rank: 111)
8. Cowgirl in the Sand (my rank: 9)
9. Helpless (my rank: 5)
10. Hey, Hey, My, My (my rank: 6)
11. Harvest (my rank: 130)
12. Mr. Soul (my rank: 38)
13. Don't Let It Bring You Down (my rank: 13) BINGO
14. The Needle and the Damage Done (my rank: 36)
15. Tonight's the Night (my rank: 8)
16. Pocahontas (my rank: 19)
17. Tell Me Why (my rank: 37)
18. Old Man (my rank: 12)
19. Rockin' in the Free World (my rank: 2)
20. Heart of Gold (my rank: 50)
21. Only Love Can Break Your Heart (my rank: 22)
22. I Am a Child (my rank: 109)
23. Out on the Weekend (my rank: 105)
24. When You Dance I Can Really Love (my rank: 80)
25. Harvest Moon (my rank: 45)
26. Roger and Out (my rank: did not make top 204)
27. Too Far Gone (my rank: 56)
28. Like a Hurricane (my rank: 17)
29. This Note's for You (my rank: 94)
30. Cortez the Killer (my rank: 1)
31. All Along the Watchtower (my rank: not included because it's a cover but would be in my top 50)
32. I Believe in You (my rank: 78)
33. On the Way Home (my rank: 68)
34. Homegrown (my rank: did not make top 204)
35. The Losing End (When You're On) (my rank: 176)
36. I've Been Waiting for You (my rank: 84)
37. Unknown Legend (my rank: 54)
38. For the Turnstiles (my rank: 183)
39. Out of My Mind (my rank: 146)
40. Comes a Time (my rank: 53)
41. Wrecking Ball (my rank: 62)
42. Long May You Run (my rank: 67)
43. Wonderin' (my rank: 187)
44. Time Fades Away (my rank: 42)
45. Barstool Blues (my rank: 104)
46. From Hank to Hendrix (my rank: 73)
47. Winterlong (my rank: 83)
48. Are There Any More Real Cowboys? (my rank: did not make top 204)
49. Are You Ready for the Country? (my rank: 136)
50. Don't Take Your Love Away from Me (my rank: did not make top 204)
51. Days That Used to Be (my rank: 64)
52. Old King (my rank: did not make top 204)
53. Walk On (my rank: 29)
54. Change Your Mind (my rank: 41)
55. Twisted Road (my rank: did not make top 204)
56. Walk With Me (my rank: 203)
57. Scenery (my rank: 60)
58. Buffalo Springfield Again (my rank: did not make top 204)
59. Families (my rank: did not make top 204)
60. No Wonder (my rank: 162)
61. Beautiful Bluebird (my rank: did not make top 204)
62. Oh Suzannah (my rank: did not make top 204 and had no chance to because it's a cover)
63. World on a String (my rank: 71)
64. Transformer Man (my rank: did not make top 204)
65. Look Out for My Love (my rank: 99)
66. Thrasher (my rank: 20)
67. Human Highway (my rank: 123)
68. The Loner (my rank: 25)
69. Crime in the City (my rank: 74)
70. Welfare Mothers (my rank: 47)
71. Life in the City (my rank: did not make top 204)
72. Don't Cry (my rank: did not make top 204)
73. Big Time (my rank: 115)
74. F*!#in’ Up (my rank: 11)
75. No More (my rank: 14)
76. Love and Only Love (my rank: 40)
77. The Old Laughing Lady (my rank: 114)
78. Slip Away (my rank: 95)
79. Philadelphia (my rank: 142)

Users who are viewing this thread