What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

57 movie remakes and reboots currently in development (1 Viewer)

Robocop is totally watchable.

It's missing the biting satire of the original.

And you can tell that through all the script re-writes that there were some interesting ideas thrown about but were ultimately dropped.

But it wasn't insulting like I thought it'd be and my whole family enjoyed themselves.

Faint praise, I know. But you could do worse.

And you can tell that through all the script re-writes that there were some interesting ideas thrown about but were ultimately dropped.

But it wasn't insulting like I thought it'd be and my whole family enjoyed themselves.

Which was the whole point of the first film, So now it's just another action film.

Which was the whole point of the first film, So now it's just another action film.
Yes. Thus, the faint praise.

Starship Troopers

If you were one of those who didn't care at all for last year's new take on Total Recall (which, to be fair, we thought had its moments), then you might want to take solace in the fact that it may have had an unexpected side effect. Because up until that point, plans were afoot for a new take on Starship Troopers, with less violence to it. At the end of last year, original director Paul Verhoeven told The Playlist that he didn't know if "they're going to do Starship Troopers after the failure of Total Recall". It remains somewhere in development, but things have certainly gone quiet...
https://youtu.be/8-q8J4FFs4Y

Starship Troopers (1997) - Modern Trailer [Fan Edit]

Very well done.  

Users who are viewing this thread