What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

7 minute workout (1 Viewer)

That and a few Amberens and the weight will just fly off, leaving one looking like the Bowflex guy/Otis.

That's cool and all but what happens when someone comes along with the 6 minute workout?
7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

:lmao: at "scientific" in the workout name.
:confused:

It was written up in a scientific journal of health and fitness
It's a random collection of traditional exercises thrown together with a couple of references to the benefits of interval training (several of which aren't even from scientific publications). There's nothing more scientific about this than if you walked into the gym and asked any random bro "hey can you give me a handful of exercises to throw together for a quick interval session?"

Does this have the Otis Seal of Approval?
This I could actually make time for. I'd just have to stop visiting one of my favorite threads. 7 minutes of workout instead.

I'm in. Will give this a running start in my hotel room first thing tomorrow.

OT

at "scientific" in the workout name.

It was written up in a scientific journal of health and fitness
It's a random collection of traditional exercises thrown together with a couple of references to the benefits of interval training (several of which aren't even from scientific publications). There's nothing more scientific about this than if you walked into the gym and asked any random bro "hey can you give me a handful of exercises to throw together for a quick interval session?"
Not really.

12 exercises X 30 seconds each + 10 second rest periods = 7 minutes and 50 seconds.

That's more than 7 minutes. I'm out.

HellToupee said:
Wooderson said:
That's cool and all but what happens when someone comes along with the 6 minute workout?
7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.
That's why I love this board. I came into this thread solely to post this, the greatest movie quote from the 90s. Carry on.

HellToupee said:
Wooderson said:
That's why I love this board. I came into this thread solely to post this, the greatest movie quote from the 90s. Carry on.
http://www.viddler.com/v/c8809791

The Noid said:
So for the lunges, push-up rotations and side plank, are you doing 15 seconds for each side?
Good question! I think on the lunges and push-up rotations you would just alternated for the 30 seconds. The side plank I would do 15 secs each, or maybe build to 30 secs each side. There is a similar routine called "Spartacus" that was published in Men's health a while back. 10 stations, each station 60 secs, 15 secs inbetween stations, then a 2 minute rest and repeat 2 more circuits. Body weight an dumbells only. It's a beast.

The Noid said:
So for the lunges, push-up rotations and side plank, are you doing 15 seconds for each side?
Good question! I think on the lunges and push-up rotations you would just alternated for the 30 seconds. The side plank I would do 15 secs each, or maybe build to 30 secs each side. There is a similar routine called "Spartacus" that was published in Men's health a while back. 10 stations, each station 60 secs, 15 secs inbetween stations, then a 2 minute rest and repeat 2 more circuits. Body weight an dumbells only. It's a beast.
That's what I did. Alternate on the lunges and rotations, 15 seconds per side for the side plank. By then I was pretty spent anyway. Did a second set and then went to the gym. Thirty minutes of interval on the Precor seemed like a breeze. Not much left by the time I got to the weights though.

downloaded the app and I have to say it is a fantastic workout..

12 exercises, each 30 seconds long at high intensity with 10 seconds of rest between them.

you can't ever complain that you don't have time to workout anymore...

12 exercises, each 30 seconds long at high intensity with 10 seconds of rest between them.

I'd still like to complain though.

(blackflabbydot)

there are multiple 7 minute workout apps, which one did you pick? i'm on android

there are multiple 7 minute workout apps, which one did you pick? i'm on android
on iOS the one I bought was called "7 MWC"

is a green icon with a big 7 in the middle of a manual stop-watch.

it's a great workout

Wife and I do these with our little ones. We do two 7 minute workouts. One of us will go all out with it on the first go round, while the other just sort of messes around with the little ones as they flail about doing jumping jacks or high knees. Second time through we switch. So sort of getting like 1.5 of these every time we do it. Not gonna get you super fit, but every little bit helps, and it only takes 15 minutes. And it is fun.

I like the one where they throw in the 8th minute for free if you're not satisfied.

Wife and I do these with our little ones. We do two 7 minute workouts. One of us will go all out with it on the first go round, while the other just sort of messes around with the little ones as they flail about doing jumping jacks or high knees. Second time through we switch. So sort of getting like 1.5 of these every time we do it. Not gonna get you super fit, but every little bit helps, and it only takes 15 minutes. And it is fun.
and doing it with the kids is great... no sarcasm.

we'll chromecast it up to the tv and go crazy.

eta: someday we will do this. maybe. to be clear- hasn't happened yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
and doing it with the kids is great... no sarcasm.

we'll chromecast it up to the tv and go crazy.

eta: someday we will do this. maybe. to be clear- hasn't happened yet.
:yes: haven't been able to use the kettlebells with the little ones around, but they enjoy "helping" me with weighted pushups.

I do something similar, the Tabada. It's 4-minutes long. Best to do with core or full body exercises. I will do it though with sprints, rowing machine, and burpees.

It's 20 seconds all out, 10 seconds rest x 8

The first few are easy peasy, but it gets hard.... real hard. 10 seconds is barely enough to catch the tiniest breath.

I use an interval trainer app on my phone to keep me honest.

Check out the Tarheel workout too. All you need a medicine ball / 8 pound weight / 8 pound sack of potatoes.

Does this have the Otis Seal of Approval?
This I could actually make time for. I'd just have to stop visiting one of my favorite threads. 7 minutes of workout instead.

I'm in. Will give this a running start in my hotel room first thing tomorrow.

OT
How's it going?
Actually was doing this last year daily for a stretch of a couple months, I thought it was great. Trouble was that I stopped doing it. But I recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread