What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

a newer song you love? (1 Viewer)

Eric Church - The Outsiders (Spotify link)

Bonus video version - Live at the 2013 CMA's (YouTube link)

Really looking forward to see where the rest of this album goes when released next year - Eric says that it will be a cross between Waylon Jennings and Metallica.

Interesting as he was the only "country" artist invited to Metallica's Inaugural Orion Festival at Atlantic City in 2012.

Church is going to be the next country artist making the leap to arena headliner - his shows co-headlining this summer with Kenny Chesney were pretty packed even for football stadiums.

Two more songs spotlining Church and how heavy his band gets during a show (from his 2012 live set) - love the Iron Maiden-esque guitar riffs at the end of the 2nd song.

Eric Church - How 'Bout You (live) - from Caught In The Act: Live (Spotify link)

Eric Church - How 'Bout You (live) - from Caught In The Act: Live (YouTube link)

Eric Church - I'm Gettin' Stoned (live) - from Caught In The Act: Live (Spotify link)

Eric Church - I'm Gettin' Stoned (live) - from Caught In The Act: Live (YouTube link)
I've got a better suggestion. Bill Callahan's Dream River is an album you must check out.

I think this is "newer" been hearing it a lot on SiriusXM and was kinda digging it. Heard the "real" version with NSFW language and I like it even more.

You might want to check some of the other songs. It is not country. When I saw halestorm, they covered a Dio tune.

I think this is "newer" been hearing it a lot on SiriusXM and was kinda digging it. Heard the "real" version with NSFW language and I like it even more.

Yeah, I did. Their other songs are more in line with what Id expect, but not really my thing. The song posted here should be an embarrassment for a band like that. I guess the good news is the singer is a hottie, bad news is no nudes on the interweb it looks like.

Kenny Powers said:

We get it, you hate the song. Noted. How about instead of #####ing about it, you post a song?

I was just replying to Doc saying I did check out a few other songs, not my thing. Ive posted at least a few songs in this thread previously. No need to get your panties in a bunch, colonel.

This song came out in 2007, but I only recently heard it (thanks Pandora). What I enjoy the most about the song is the lead guitarist's work. He's pretty good.

Silversun Pickups - Lazy

insae theEye
That was on a Guitar Hero - the whole family liked that one for a couple of years.
Dude's use of feedback is pretty legendary.
I took my wife to see Snow Patrol and Silversun opened for them. I hadn't heard of them, Lazy Eye had just come out. They blew me away. The drummer is literally Animal from the Muppets the sound they get is loud and rich. I like their albums, but the band sounded much better live.

Somebody on 93.7 was sampling the Cults today and I was waiting for the announcement of the artist. Unfortunately, it went straight into another song, and I was deprived. It may have very well been a DJ remix, but has anybody heard of something like this? Sounded good.

Oh, it's J. Cole's "She Knows"

http://www.djbooth.net/index/tracks/review/j-cole-she-knows/
Yeah, I remember listening to the J. Cole album and was shocked to hear a Cults sample. For mainstream rap these days, he's definitely solid.

Great topic, thanks for something Geezil. The FFA music threads are always nice surprises.

Not a very new song but Aloe Blacc "The Man" is a kick ### morning/shower song. How do you insert links with custom names, anyone? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=lgMDU9OdBY3PqAG224Bw&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dfm660vIn8Tg&cd=2&ved=0CC4QtwIwAQ&usg=AFQjCNEBKXQwZtG3b2QWiF9ehszoufJIsg&sig2=mOAjAKq7T_Qak3dYXQJXTg

This Blacc dude is all around good stuff. I'm looking forward to checking out all the tunes in these pages.

Gr00vus said:
15.xx Alex Chilton - The Replacements (Name)

Great song off a great album. Children by the millions. You all are lucky I didn't decide to make you suffer through an improvisational, self indulgent live version of my favorite band's first big hit instead.
That whole debut is great - I'm imaging Gasoline will show up on the next one as they've been playing it live for awhile. They've been in the studio the last few months, but no word yet when the new one will drop...sometime this year.

They're touring this month through April with Hurray for the Riff Raff. The album Small Town Heroes came out on the 11th. Here's a good one from hftrr:

Blue Ridge Mountain

First Listen: Hurray For The Riff Raff, 'Small Town Heroes' (entire album)

From Conan the other night. Killed it. They are obviously ready to hit the road.

http://teamcoco.com/video/drive-by-truckers-03-06-14

And the other brilliant bookend from the new record. Patterson's eulogy for their friend, Craig Lieske, Grand Canyon. If this doesn't give you chills, I don't know what will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chZVZoIWONk

We went to Grand Canyon and we stood at the expanse

and we watched the rocks change colors

and we watched the shadows dance

We probably didn’t say anything til the sunset turned to night

We let the spirits do the talking with cascades of faded light

We drove across the desert, saw the mountain range at dawn

Heard the thunder rumbles echo

against the rocks that Gods were made from

We drove across the wastelands until we finally reached the sea

and I wonder how a life so sturdy could just one day cease to be

I’m never one to wonder about the things beyond control

I stare off in the distance as I feel the highway roll

We roll on in the darkness to some city far away

Lug our sorrows, pains and angers and turn them into play

There’s no time to dwell upon it, it’s this life that we chose

that made it all worth living through the horrors that life throws

If the recently departed make the sunsets

to say farewell to the ones they leave behind

There were technicolor hues to see our sadness through

as the sun over Athens said goodbye

There’s a white owl out my window soft-lit in fading light

He’ll go soaring through the clouds and hunting through the night

and in my dreams I’ll still see him flying through a western sky

I’ll think about Grand Canyon, and i’ll lift my glass and smile

Patterson Hood / DBT-12

© Pottery Town Songs (BMI) - Administered by Kobalt

(Back Lounge, Ft. Worth to New Orleans - Jan. 26-27 2013)

Looping at end courtesy of Professor David Barbe

We Lovingly Dedicate this song and album to Craig Lieske

If you have Sirius/XM the Spectrum has really been strong lately with a lot of good new music.

Not sure how new some of these are:

Hozier – Take Me To Church

Bear’s Den – Writing On The Wall

Boy & Bear- Southern Sun

Tired Pony- All Things at Once

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread