What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A Random Dude's NFL Mock Draft 2018 (1 Viewer)

pbandy1

Footballguy
1.1 Browns select Baker Mayfield, QB

1.2 Giants select Saquon Barkley, RB

1.3 Jets select Sam Darnold, QB

1.4 Browns select Bradley Chubb, DL

1.5 Bills select Josh Allen, QB [Bills trade up for Broncos pick]

1.6 Colts select Roquan Smith, LB

1.7 Bucs select Derwin James, S

1.8 Bears select Quenton Nelson, OL

1.9 49ers select Minkah Fitzpatrick, S 

1.10 Cardinals select Josh Rosen, QB [Cardinals trade up for Raiders pick]

1.11 Dolphins select Denzel Ward, CB

1.12 Broncos select Tremaine Edmunds, LB [Broncos trade down for Bills pick] 

1.13 Redskins select Vita Vea, DL

1.14 Packers select Harold Landry, DL

1.15 Raiders select Mike McGlinchey, OL [Raiders trade down for Cardinals pick]

1.16 Ravens select DJ Moore, WR

1.17 Chargers select Da'Ron Payne, DL

1.18 Patriots select Rashaan Evans, LB [Patriots trade up for Seahawks pick]

1.19 Cowboys select Leighton Vander Esch, LB

1.20 Lions select Marcus Davenport, DL

1.21 Bengals select Frank Ragnow, OL

1.22 Broncos select Derrius Guice, RB [Broncos trade down for Bills pick]

1.23 Seahawks select Will Hernandez, OL [Seahawks trade down for Patriots pick]

1.24 Panthers select Calvin Ridley, WR

1.25 Colts select Jaire Alexander, CB [Colts trade up for Titans pick]

1.26 Falcons select Taven Bryan, DL

1.27 Saints select Lamar Jackson, QB

1.28 Steelers select Josh Jackson, CB

1.29 Jaguars select Connor Williams, OL

1.30 Vikings select Isaiah Wynn, OL

1.31 Patriots select Mike Hughes, CB

1.32 Eagles select Maurice Hurst, DL

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to slate Landry there but the Lions need interior help too, esp considering they were 28th DVOA against the run. The new Suh is Payne.
Lions need edge rushers too. Ziggy is getting franchised and our next best pass rusher is a 7th round pick.

If one of the top 4 QBs is still on the board when the Dolphins pick and they trade down instead of just taking him I am going to lose it.

not sure Rosen is an Elway guy, but with Chubb and Barkley off it makes sense. I think Elway and co. like the allure of Allen's arm, but who knows?

Would rather see the Packers trade down than pick a safety in the 1st round
I think you are right, trading down would be the best scenario, just a matter of finding a partner to trade with. Derwin James would be BPA and the Packers seem to like him, however if they want to get their CB it would be a bit of a reach. They also need some offensive line help but I can't see them taking McGlinchey over James.

Davenport is another possibility.

This mock looks better than 90% of the mocks on the net.  Only pick I would question is Pitt taking a RB in 1st round.  If they do that be something.

This mock looks better than 90% of the mocks on the net.  Only pick I would question is Pitt taking a RB in 1st round.  If they do that be something.
I think in reality it might be the best CB on their board because they have a legit shot at the SB this year. However part of them is looking into the future with LeVeon Bell, I think it is clear he is going to be on a different team in 2019. Definitely see them taking an RB in either round 1 or rounds 3 or 5.

I think in reality it might be the best CB on their board because they have a legit shot at the SB this year. However part of them is looking into the future with LeVeon Bell, I think it is clear he is going to be on a different team in 2019. Definitely see them taking an RB in either round 1 or rounds 3 or 5.
I don't think Pittsburgh takes a RB in the first couple rounds and I agree this is one of the best mocks I've seen.

Very good. Two things stick out imo.

Would the dolphins and bills make that trade within the division? Raiders trading down with Buffalo would imo.  And then have the Steelers take Alexander, colts take Guice. 

But as long as the Titans get Vander esch, nothing else really matters to me. I don't think it matters but he didn't seem to recall visiting them.  "He didn’t remember all of them off the top of his head. Here are the ones he was able to quickly recall: Eagles, Saints, Steelers, Ravens, Lions, Bills, Cardinals.". http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/20/leighton-vander-esch-had-a-busy-pre-draft-travel-schedule/

It’s a very solid mock. 

I think what CLE does at 1 obviously drives what happens in the first 5 picls   It’s really those 5 picks that are tough to get right.  After that the draft will settle down 

If they go your route and select a QB at 1, then unless barkley survives to 4 I think they trade 4 to the bills for 12 and 22 and a mid pick  

If they take Barkley at 1 they stay put and take a QB at 4   Which is what I think they should do.  I’m not sold on Allen or Darnold as better than Rosen (or even Jackson, mayfield or Rudolph personally).  And I’d want Barkley really bad.

if they keep 4, I think DEN looks to trade with BUF out of the 5 slot   

I can also see a trade in the 12-14 slots if someone moves up for jackson to get ahead or ARI.     

It would be fun to be the CLE gm the next few days   Then he will wake up and remember hue Jackson is still his coach   

Users who are viewing this thread