What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A SweeTart Named "MATH" (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
So I go to take a look at the message on my favorite candy. ****ing thing had "MATH" written on it.

WTF?

What's the matter with kids today? You wondered? Now you know.

****in' math.

There's something wrong
With the kids in my neighborhood
They always listen to their moms
They disregard civil disobedience
They'd rather do what they're told
They don't drink or **** or fight
They sit home, and read, expand their minds
There's something wrong with
The kinds in my cul-de-sac
They're always going to church
They dress well and they're
Speaking articulate
They show each other respect
They're never late, don't smoke or break rules
They eat right, study hard
And like school
There's something wrong
With the kids in my neighborhood

By the way, you're all freaking SweetTarts. Aren't you, honeys? Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
"Yes, I am a SweetTart named 'MATH,' and here's my journey from a mature stalk of sugar in the Philippines to your mouth!"

*Waves all happily, smiling*

"Ewww, his says 'MATH.' **** you, MATH."

The MATH ones say ART on the other side. Dichotomy of man and all that bro. I find it necessary for all my candies to make some sort of commentary on the human condition

The kids aren’t all like that, I can assure you

What's the matter with parents today?

Mom and Dad I think you ought
To quit smoking so much pot
And hanging with friends
Hanging out with my Misfits records out
And gently banging heads

I shouldn't have doubted you. My knowledge of the current candy situation isn't strong.

That's a good thing. I say this as a diabetic shoveling SweetTarts™ down his gullet.

I should know nothing about "MATH" vis a vis SweetTarts, never mind be starting a thread about it.

Nope. SweetTarts.

Trust me on this.
I shouldn't have doubted you. My knowledge of the current candy situation isn't strong.
I wasn't aware either, but the below link is two years old.

humble-proud
strong-gentle
rock-pop
global-local
witty-silly
grit-strong
head-heart
funny-fierce
math-art
sassy-savvy
wild-wise

I was polite the first time, but this is egregious and it’s spilling into other threads. SweeTARTS is how it should be styled. You’re spitting on Menlo Smith’s grave here.

Oh my. I think we've cracked the code here. You seem to be correct. I just looked up some caselaw. Sweetarts it is. I don't know why they'd spell it wrong vertically, then.

I'll make sure to note it in the thread title.

Some history for y'all.

Defendant, Sunline, Inc., began business in 1952 in St. Louis, Missouri. Until 1963 defendants sold an artificially flavored powder formula for use in making soft drinks under the names "Lik-M-Aid" and "Pixy Stix". In 1963 defendants decided to start selling the same formula as a candy compressed into tablet form. Defendant Menlo F. Smith, president of Sunline, selected the name "SweeTarts" for the new product. A trademark search was made in the United States Patent Office, and the search turned up the name "Sweetheart" for candy products, "Sweetart" for cranberries, and plaintiff's "SweeTarts" for dried prunes. Smith decided to take a "businessman's risk" and use the mark "SweeTarts".

Defendants began test marketing their new "SweeTarts" candy in June 1963. By October 1963 defendants began promotion among candy brokers and commenced large scale nation-wide marketing. Defendants' candy is presently sold throughout the United States at over 200,000 retail establishments. It is marketed through the usual channels, in which the candy is initially sold to candy brokers, who, in turn, place the candy for sale on the counters of supermarkets, drugstores, restaurants, etc. To the time of trial defendant corporation had sold over $8,000,000 worth of its "SweeTarts" and expended over $2,000,000 in promotion and advertising. The candy sold by defendants is a small brightly colored, powdery tablet with an artificial fruit flavoring. It is described as having an extremely tart flavor designed primarily for "kids". The tablets are packaged in tinfoil, about twelve to a package, and sold for 5 cents a package. The tinfoil wrappers are colorfully marked across their face with the word "SweeTarts".

Some history for y'all.

Defendant, Sunline, Inc., began business in 1952 in St. Louis, Missouri. Until 1963 defendants sold an artificially flavored powder formula for use in making soft drinks under the names "Lik-M-Aid" and "Pixy Stix". In 1963 defendants decided to start selling the same formula as a candy compressed into tablet form. Defendant Menlo F. Smith, president of Sunline, selected the name "SweeTarts" for the new product. A trademark search was made in the United States Patent Office, and the search turned up the name "Sweetheart" for candy products, "Sweetart" for cranberries, and plaintiff's "SweeTarts" for dried prunes. Smith decided to take a "businessman's risk" and use the mark "SweeTarts".

Defendants began test marketing their new "SweeTarts" candy in June 1963. By October 1963 defendants began promotion among candy brokers and commenced large scale nation-wide marketing. Defendants' candy is presently sold throughout the United States at over 200,000 retail establishments. It is marketed through the usual channels, in which the candy is initially sold to candy brokers, who, in turn, place the candy for sale on the counters of supermarkets, drugstores, restaurants, etc. To the time of trial defendant corporation had sold over $8,000,000 worth of its "SweeTarts" and expended over $2,000,000 in promotion and advertising. The candy sold by defendants is a small brightly colored, powdery tablet with an artificial fruit flavoring. It is described as having an extremely tart flavor designed primarily for "kids". The tablets are packaged in tinfoil, about twelve to a package, and sold for 5 cents a package. The tinfoil wrappers are colorfully marked across their face with the word "SweeTarts".
Swee Tarts lol. I am going to start calling my wife that.

By the way, the SweeTarts as we know them lost that case. The original SweeTarts (a toffee and chocolate variety) were granted use of the mark in places where they did enough business. The SweeTarts as we know them only got to use the mark in areas where the chocolate and toffee candies were not sold. I'm guessing the hard, powdered SweeTarts must have purchased the trademark and the goodwill that went along with it from the other company. In reading the case, it seemed like sort of a cash grab.

Users who are viewing this thread