What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A-Train signs with Buffalo (1 Viewer)

GroveDiesel

Footballguy
No link yet, but the guys over at the Buffalo Bills forums are reporting that ESPN is reporting that A-Train has signed a one year deal with the Bills.

Edit: I changed the subject just until I get a link.

Last edited by a moderator:
if so, that fits...

wasn't jauron his HC when he was ROY & had best season?
I believe so. To me this dings McGahee's stock just a little....What says the board?
It's the old argument that if another back takes away a few carries a game it hurts the starter but taking away those stats, or helps the starter by keeping him healthy and fresher in the long run.

if so, that fits...

I believe so. To me this dings McGahee's stock just a little....What says the board?
Very little unless Thomas (Although Buffalo, another Thomas? hmmm) gets in pro form and shape.See what the summer brings.

if so, that fits...

No.What digs McGahee's stock is the JV/JUCO offensive line.

if so, that fits...

I can't see this affecting McGahee's stock at all. It's hard for me to see AT as being anything besides a backup.

If anything I think this will help McGahee because he seems to enjoy the competition. There's no doubt he'll be the starter, A-Train will play the same role that Henry did when McGahee was ahead of him on the depth chart. I like the signing, he's a solid backup for sure and a better fit in some formations than McGahee. I really don't think this has much of an impact on McGahee's status, at least not right now.

There is no chance that A-Train starts over McGahee, or takes much away.

He will, however, take 5 carries or so a game, allow WM to take a breather, keeps him rested, and with the OL, McGahee can use that rest.

I thought Buffalo would draft a RB in the 4th or so, now they don't have to. :thumbup:

This signing has no effect whatsoever on McGahee. A-Train is nothing more than a 2nd/3rd stringer at this point.

This signing has no effect whatsoever on McGahee. A-Train is nothing more than a 2nd/3rd stringer at this point.
Truth.They brought in Jonathan Wells for a visit, and he would've been a much better backup IMO.

I feel the same way but I'm reading between the lines here. I'm thinking that this shows that the coaching staff may be worried about WM and Thomas is some insurance. I don't see Thomas in open competition with WM. I worry about there being something up with WB that forced the Bills FO to go look for a viable RB should WM go down. Just a thought....

This signing has no effect whatsoever on McGahee.  A-Train is nothing more than a 2nd/3rd stringer at this point.
I feel the same way but I'm reading between the lines here. I'm thinking that this shows that the coaching staff may be worried about WM and Thomas is some insurance. I don't see Thomas in open competition with WM. I worry about there being something up with WB that forced the Bills FO to go look for a viable RB should WM go down. Just a thought....
Every franchise needs at least some form of viable #2 rb for their team.Shaud Williams was not that.

I don't think Thomas is either, but whatever.

In before some Bucs fan says that Alstott already resigned long ago and will not play for Buffalo...

I think this actually helps McGahee's value. A-Train is backup material and doesn't have much upside. He's just not as good as McGahee. Unless McGahee really bombs A-Train has no chance of winning that job or getting a lot of carries. If they had brought in a rookie with some upside who turned out to be a good one that could effect McGahee. Whether this signing means that option is off the board remains to be see but as of today McGahee is by far very secure in his position on the depth chart in Buffalo.

No link yet, but the guys over at the Buffalo Bills forums are reporting that ESPN is reporting that A-Train has signed a one year deal with the Bills.

Edit: I changed the subject just until I get a link.
The Bills reached a one-year deal with running back Anthony Thomas after agreeing to terms with former Panthers guard Tutan Reyes. That takes some of the urgency out of attempting to trade into the latter stages of the first round. Most teams looking for offense with second-round picks are looking toward the lower part of the first round for offensive linemen or running backs. However, the two recent signings have provided Buffalo with a backup to Willis McGahee in Thomas and a potential starting guard in Reyes. That allows the Bills the chance to concentrate on a first-round defensive player, possibly Florida State defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?...n_john#20060428

This signing has no effect whatsoever on McGahee.  A-Train is nothing more than a 2nd/3rd stringer at this point.
He's the definition of a backup. He's not going to win the job, he's not going to compete for the job, his job is to be there if Willis is injured or needs a breather. A-Train is an afterthought in the NFL at this point. My recollection may be a little foggy but I think he was cut by the Cowboys when they were banged up at the RB position, wasn't signed by anyone for several weeks (despite massive RB injuries on a number of teams like GB) and then signed on to the Saints and barely got the ball. The only reason A-Train was signed is what he did in his rookie year. IMO he's probably a year from out of the NFL.

We need a Bufflo homer to keep an eye on this and let us know if A-train is going to be used in certain packages and to spell WM when needed.

I'm not worried about A-train spelling WM, but the minute a team decides to use a backup in certain packages, then the featured RB takes a hit, fantasy wise, IMO.

Whether it be receptions, multipel carries or TD's its still enough to de-value a RB.

That being said, I'm not moving WM until I hear that A-Train is going to be more than second team RB.

We need a Bufflo homer to keep an eye on this and let us know if A-train is going to be used in certain packages and to spell WM when needed.

I'm not worried about A-train spelling WM, but the minute a team decides to use a backup in certain packages, then the featured RB takes a hit, fantasy wise, IMO.

Whether it be receptions, multipel carries or TD's its still enough to de-value a RB.

That being said, I'm not moving WM until I hear that A-Train is going to be more than second team RB.
Moving WM shouldn't even be a thought. A-Train got 7 carries for 12 yards in 4 games with NO and couldn't beat out stiffs like A. Smith or A. Stecker for carries. Last year in total he ran 43 times for 92 yards (2.13 ypc). He will be a 2nd back at best.

Shaud Williams was not a true #2 RB. ATrain can be. Good insurance signing in case something were to happen to Willis.

He's the definition of a backup. He's not going to win the job, he's not going to compete for the job, his job is to be there if Willis is injured or needs a breather. A-Train is an afterthought in the NFL at this point. My recollection may be a little foggy but I think he was cut by the Cowboys when they were banged up at the RB position, wasn't signed by anyone for several weeks (despite massive RB injuries on a number of teams like GB) and then signed on to the Saints and barely got the ball. The only reason A-Train was signed is what he did in his rookie year. IMO he's probably a year from out of the NFL.
:goodposting: What happened to the A-Tain he looked great his rookie year and then just faded into nothingness?

Users who are viewing this thread