What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A Very interesting mock... (1 Viewer)

Here is the mock i was looking at from a website....

1 Texans (2-14) player: RB *Reggie Bush (USC)

Team Needs: OL, LB, DL, WR, DB, RB

Domanick Davis is a good RB, but he hasn't been able to stay all that healthy for an entire season so far in his career, thus the Texans could be looking to add the dynamic Bush to the mix at RB. I still believe that they'll be looking to move down to land a top OT like Ferguson, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they call his name with the first pick anyway considering his impressive Senior Bowl week.

2 Saints (3-13), Player: QB Matt Leinart (USC)

Needs: DT, LB, WR, QB, OL

Aaron Brooks is quite mistake-prone, so snatching a top flight QB like Leinart would be an improvement for this team. The only problem is that Leinart might not be happy playing for a team that is yet to really have a home.

3 Titans (4-12), Player: QB *Vince Young (Texas)

Needs: WR, DL, LB, OL, QB, DB

Steve McNair has served as a mentor, of sorts, for Vince Young. It would only be fitting that the dynamic Young would carry the torch for McNair who only has a year or two left. Now, of course, OC Norm Chow would also love to be reunited with Leinart too.

4 Jets (4-12), Player: OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson (Virginia)

Needs: OL, DL, WR, QB, RB

The Jets could be interested in moving up for a QB, but Brick would be a sure thing as a pass protector for the Jets injury-prone QBs. Brick is nearly unbeatable due to his great pass-blocking skill. The only knock on him is that he isn't an over-powering run blocker.

5 Packers (4-12), Player: DE *Mario Williams (NC State)

Needs: RB, OL, DL, LB, S

AJ Hawk could get some consideration here, but the Packers could surely use someone to generate some pass rush opposite KGB. Keep in mind that LBs rarely go this high in the draft. Williams' stock might rise high enough to get him in the top 5, as the top DE, especially after D'Brick dominated Boston College's Kiwi during Senior Bowl practices. Williams appears to be the most complete DE in the draft.

6 Raiders (4-12), Player: LB AJ Hawk (Ohio State)

Needs: LB, DL, CB, S, QB

The Raiders could really use help anywhere on defense. Charles Woodson likely won't be re-signed, but the Raiders used some draft picks on CBs last year. A stud LB like AJ Hawk would be a nice addition to the defense.

7 49ers (4-12), Player: LB DeMeco Ryans (Alabama)

Needs: LB, OL, DB, WR, DL

The 49ers would surely be tempted by a cover-corner like Jimmy Williams, but 5 of their top 8 LBs will be free agents. They have plenty of needs, but a player like DeMeco Ryans would be a nice fit in the 49ers defense.

8 Bills (5-11), Player: DT *Haloti Ngata (Oregon)

Needs: DL, OL, CB, S, WR

The Bills couldn't stop the run when they most needed to last year. Enter big DT, Ngata to help. Keep in mind that Jauron has had the luxury of coaching some big, beefy, run-stuffing DTs through the years (Keith Traylor, Big Ted Washington, Big Baby Rogers, Big Daddy Wilkinson). Ngata should sure up the Bills interior run defense.

9 Lions (5-11), Player: DE Mathias Kiwanuka

Needs: OL, DE, DB, QB, DB

The Lions could be tempted to snag a top-flight cover-corner like Jimmy Williams here and he would be excellent value. They might also be tempted to grab a pass rusher. Kiwi would fit in well in a pass-rushing DE role ala Simeon Rice (coached by Marinelli) or John Abraham (coached by DC Henderson).

10 Cardinals (5-11), Player: QB Jay Cutler (Vanderbilt)

Needs: QB, RB, OL, DT, DB

The Cardinals will likely be waiving good-bye to McCown and who knows what will become of Warner (they're both free agents) so the Cards most pressing need is at QB. We know that the Cards could be interested in help just about everywhere, but Cutler's physical skills will likely be too much for Dennis Green to pass on.

11 Rams (6-10), Player: CB Jimmy Williams (Virginia Tech)

Needs: DE, S, LB, WR, DT

The Rams need help along the DL and as many other mock drafters have pointed out they could also use help at TE. However, if Jimmy Williams were left on the board, the Rams would do well to land someone with his skills to blanket opposing WRs.

12 Browns (6-10), Player: LB Chad Greenway (Iowa)

Needs: OL, DE, LB, QB, CB

The Browns could really use help in many positions this year. Greenway is such a talented specimen that he would be able to help any defense. His skills could surely be used in a 3-4 scheme as he can play sideline-to-sideline.

13 Ravens (6-10), Player: DB Michael Huff (Texas)

Needs: RB, DB, DL, LB, WR

The Ravens would do well to fill Deion and Dale's shoes with a talented defensive back like Huff. In fact, Huff is versatile enough to play either CB or even step in next to Ed Reed as a starting Safety. Huff, coupled with McAlister, Rolle, and Reed would give the Ravens an all-world defensive backfield.

14 Eagles (6-10), Player: RB *LenDale White (USC)

Needs: WR, DL, LB, OL, RB

Adding a talented pass catcher would be very helpful as the Eagles WRs couldn't get the job done without TO. Santonio Holmes might be worth a look here, but I have a feeling that the Eagles will be looking towards free agency to snag a veteran WR. They could be really looking to add a player like White to add to the mix at RB. White would be no stranger to splitting time in the backfield after having played with Bush at USC. He would surely give the Eagles a great short-yardage threat at RB.

15 Falcons (8-8), Player: DE Tamba Hali (Penn State)

Needs: WR, S, OT, DL, OG

Hali's stock might rise to the point where he turns into a top 10 prospect. He's a solid, every-down DE that can be a pass-rush terror to the opposition. The Falcons would likely be ver happy to steal him here, although they could also use a safety or a WR. Before you scoff at drafting a WR in the 1st round 3 years in a row, ther is some precedence (see Detroit last year).

16 Dolphins (9-7), Player: OT *Winston Justice (USC)

Needs: QB, OL, S, DL, LB

The Dolphins really would love to find some help at QB and might have to trade up or look to free agency for more help. They could also use some help along the OL in protecting their QB and paving the way for their RBs. Winston is more of a RT, but he could make the transition to LT if needed or the Dolphins might juggle their OL around a bit.

17 Vikings (9-7), Player: RB DeAngelo Williams (Memphis)

Needs: RB, LB, OL, S, CB

The Vikings will very likely be watching Bennett ride off into the sunset and we know that they draft a RB every year. This year they will likely replace a former 1st-rounder with another. DeAngelo Williams was a very productive RB in college and would fit into the Vikes' RB attack with Moore and Fason.

18 Cowboys (9-7), Player: WR *Santonio Holmes (Ohio State)

Needs: WR, ILB, S, CB, QB

The Cowboys have an aging WR corps and could use a shot of youthful exuberence at the position. Holmes would be a nice replacement plan for the aging Johnson and Glenn.

19 Chargers (9-7), Player: S *Ko Simpson (South Carolina)

Needs: DE, DB, OL, LB, WR

The Chargers could really use some help in the secondary and a player with the talents of Simpson could really help sure up their coverage. Simpson could really make opposing WRs say D'oh when they come across the middle.

20 Chiefs (10-6), Player: CB *Ashton Youboty (Ohio State)

Needs: WR, CB, DT, OT, DE

The Chiefs need help in many places and could be looking for help along the OL with Roaf aging, but defense is still their major problem Youboty would add some help to the secondary opposite Surtain.

21 Patriots (10-6), Player: S *Darnell Bing (USC)

Needs: WR, OL, DB, RB, QB

The Pats will be getting Harrison back next year, but they could be looking to the future at the position as Harrison is aging. Of course, WR, OL, and CB also are major voids that the Patriots will be looking to address.

22 Broncos (13-3), Player: OT Eric Winston (Miami)

From Washington - Needs: S, WR, DL, OL, LB

The Broncos might be losing LT Matt Lepsis to free agency and could use to replace him. Winston, who doesn't offer mammoth size might be a good fit for the Broncos as he is athletic and sound in his positioning.

23 Buccaneers (11-5), Player: OT Marcus McNeil (Auburn)

Needs: OT, FB, DB, OG, WR

The Bucs will likely take on some losses along their OL. Adding a big OT like McNeil would really help the Bucs in protecting their QB and paving the way for the Cadilac. Speaking of the Cadilac, McNeil paved the way for the big Cadilac at Auburn so the Bucs could take an Auburn player in the first round for the second year in a row.

24 Bengals (11-5), Player: TE *Vernon Davis (Maryland)

Needs: DT, TE, DB, LB, DE

The Bengals could really use some help on defense, but if a TE with the quality of Davis is still around, they might look for another weapon for their high-powered attack. Davis would be a fantastic addition to the Bengals offense.

25 Giants (11-5), Player: LB Thomas Howard (UTEP)

Needs: DL, CB, LB, WR, OL

The Giants had a rash of injuries attack their LB corps this year so they could be looking for help at that position. Howard has great physical talents and would be a great addition to the Giants defense.

26 Bears (11-5), Player: TE Marcedes Lewis (UCLA)

Needs: CB, OG, TE, WR, LB

The Bears could use some help for their offense and a TE that can stretch the field like Lewis would be a nice addition. The fact that Clark was recently named to the Pro-Bowl team doesn't mean that the Bears are set at that position. Lewis would help the offense move the sticks.

27 Panthers (11-5), Player: TE *Leonard Pope (Georgia)

Needs: TE, WR, OL, RB, DB

The Panthers could use an upgrade at WR and will likely look to free agency for help at that position, but they could also use a big, athletic TE like Pope to help take some of the pressure off of Steve Smith and keep the chains moving.

28 Jaguars (12-4), Player: CB Tye Hill (Clemson)

Needs: CB, LB, DE, WR, OL

Tye Hill offers great speed and qiuckness and is a play-maker at CB. Hill has natural cover-skills and would be a nice fit in the Jags defense and he could also help the team in the return game as well.

29 Broncos (13-3), Player: WR *Chad Jackson (Florida)

Needs: S, WR, DL, OL, LB

The Broncos could surely use more help at WR with Rod Smith nearing the end of his great career. Jackson should be able to help the Broncos open up the offense, that is if he's one of the few Florida WRs that can avoid becoming a draft bust.

30 Colts (14-2), Player: RB *Lawrence Maroney (Minnesota)

Needs: RB, LB, WR, DB, DL

The Edge might be riding off to the sunset away from Indy as he is a free agent. Thus, the Colts might be looking to add a new RB to the mix. Maroney would be a nice addition to this high-powered offense if Edge won't be back in Indy.

31 Steelers (11-5), Player: DE Elvis Dumervil (Louisville)

Needs: WR, S, DE, DT, RB

The Seahawks have some of their major players entering free agency such as Alexander, Bernard, and Jurevicius that they may need to replace. However, Dumervil's pass-rush skills might come in handy in order to help the Seahawks generate more pass rush.

32 Seahawks (13-3), Player: DL Brodrick Bunkley (Florida State)

Needs: DB, RB, DL, WR, OL

Pittsburgh doesn't have that many urgent needs. They could use some help at DB, but Bunkley might be a nice addition as a DT converted to DE. Bunkley could make a decent switch to DE which is a bit of a need for the Steelers.

* Denotes Underclassmen

Reason i say if the draft would work out this way things would definitely shakeup the rookie drafts.J.Cutler in arizona IMO makes him the top qb off the board....Look at McCown, he's nothing special but anyone in arizona can put up bigtime fantasy numbers. Him landing there would vault him into a top 5 rookie pick.LenDale in Philly.....well we know this would be a sure rbbc with Westy which IMO would lower his draft value....DeAngelo in minnesota makes him a nice top pick however Maroney in Indy would vault him to the 1.02 or 1.01 pick IMO.The way this mock is i can easily see Calhoun, Addai, Drew, Norwood, maybe going to the Jets/Arizona/Packers in the 2nd round which would give them just as much value as a few other rb's selected before them.

I've been hearing from many people that Iggles might draft a RB in the first round but I seriously doubt this after the large contract they gave Westbrook last year. I can see maybe a RB in the later rounds. My guess is a DE or OT (Hali or Justice perhaps).

Yeah i agree to as Humes and Riggs and other BIG backs can be had in the 3rd-4th round but IF Lendale was just sitting there when they picked, i dont know they would pass on him......i just dont know...

I've been hearing from many people that Iggles might draft a RB in the first round but I seriously doubt this after the large contract they gave Westbrook last year. I can see maybe a RB in the later rounds. My guess is a DE or OT (Hali or Justice perhaps).
Didn't Houston give DD big money? Bush is going to make them forget about that most likely. You have to remember these are new regimes. The Eagles signed Westy to that big contract "yes" but that is when they were running an offense that highlighted a rb who had to catch alot of passes. They new OC might want to run a more ball control offense and then of course Westy isn't your guy. To say he'll stay the starter is ridiculious due to not knowing what kind of offense the OC wants to impliment.

I've been hearing from many people that Iggles might draft a RB in the first round but I seriously doubt this after the large contract they gave Westbrook last year.  I can see maybe a RB in the later rounds.  My guess is a DE or OT (Hali or Justice perhaps).
Didn't Houston give DD big money? Bush is going to make them forget about that most likely. You have to remember these are new regimes. The Eagles signed Westy to that big contract "yes" but that is when they were running an offense that highlighted a rb who had to catch alot of passes. They new OC might want to run a more ball control offense and then of course Westy isn't your guy. To say he'll stay the starter is ridiculious due to not knowing what kind of offense the OC wants to impliment.
You think the new OC is going to drastically change the offense that Andy Reid essentially runs? The OC left...not Reid. Thats all that matters. The people who gave Westy that money are still in power.

Users who are viewing this thread