What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Active shooter at Washington Navy Yard (1 Viewer)

Multiple injuries reported so far, no deaths thus far... dude is still lose in the building apparently.

Apparently there may be another incident a block or so away for the yard? Not sure if related or not...confusing info from CNN

"Tall black male" is first description of shooter.

ETA: Rumors of maybe 3 shooters now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Police scanner confirms there is a second suspect. They are doing second sweep of building 197, second suspect is not in custody.

A lot of times when these stories come out, there are initially reports of multiple shooters. But usually it turns out to be only one. Let's hope that's the case.

Two witnesses told CNN affiliate WJLA that they heard a fire alarm go off in the building where they worked, then saw a man with a rifle down the hallway as they exited the building.

"He aimed the gun and fired our way," a man who identified himself as Todd Brundidge told WJLA, adding, "I couldn't believe it."

Current news reports still say possibly looking for two other shooters.

WASHINGTON (AP) - Authorities say they are looking for two additional potential shooters in the shooting rampage at the Washington Navy Yard. D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier says witnesses reported seeing two additional gunmen, both dressed in military-style clothing.

I'd be amazed if there were two shooters. I know it happened at Columbine, but it just seems so unlikely. Hard to believe two people would share in this sort of evil craziness.

I'd be amazed if there were two shooters. I know it happened at Columbine, but it just seems so unlikely. Hard to believe two people would share in this sort of evil craziness.
:confused:

Two people just recently shared in the craziness of blowing people up at the Boston Marathon; and, still in the minds of DC area residents, two people shared in the craziness of sniping random strangers.

:confused:

Two people just recently shared in the craziness of blowing people up at the Boston Marathon; and, still in the minds of DC area residents, two people shared in the craziness of sniping random strangers.
That was a terrorist event though (Boston).

Users who are viewing this thread