What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

After four weeks, who are the top "busts" of the season (1 Viewer)

Kirk Morrison is ranked seventh among LBs in FBG scoring.

Guys that no longer are able to use the poor matchup, just missed producing, etal excuses:

DL Julius Peppers

LB Adalius Thomas

DB Kerry Rhodes

DT Cory Redding

CB Ronde Barber

I disrespectfully submit Ronde Barber and Jason Taylor for your consideration...

Barber's last shot is this week vs. Indy.

Jason Taylor is dead to me...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Rhodes and Peppers myself.

How about AJ Hawk? I sort of expected more from this guy. So far zero stuffs, no Ints, no PD, no sacks...just tackles.

I have Rhodes and Peppers myself. How about AJ Hawk? I sort of expected more from this guy. So far zero stuffs, no Ints, no PD, no sacks...just tackles.
I have Hawk as well and thought about including him... but his tackle #'s have been up the last two weeks and I keep telling myself he's gonna break out soon like he did at midseason last year.Thoughts on Hawk anyone??? :lmao:

Julius Peppers

Last year he had huge games week after week after week. This year he's starting every week for owners and doing very little so far.

Julius PeppersLast year he had huge games week after week after week. This year he's starting every week for owners and doing very little so far.
Well if David Carr remains the QB he is going to be on the field allot... maybe something will happen.

I have Rhodes and Peppers myself. How about AJ Hawk? I sort of expected more from this guy. So far zero stuffs, no Ints, no PD, no sacks...just tackles.
I have Hawk as well and thought about including him... but his tackle #'s have been up the last two weeks and I keep telling myself he's gonna break out soon like he did at midseason last year.Thoughts on Hawk anyone??? :ptts:
Hawk is not getting off blocks consistently and looks tentative rather than explosive. Further, in a Jim Bates defense, this is what happens with a healthy MLB who has two competent DT in front of him. Barnett was dinged with a number of injuries last year and the defensive tackle play was just so-so. Hawk showed last year that he's got enough talent to overcome some of the scheme issues, but he'll have to be at the top of his game to do it.
Julius PeppersLast year he had huge games week after week after week. This year he's starting every week for owners and doing very little so far.
This is Peppers. Over the last ten games of 2006, he had only two games with a sack. Both were multi-sack games. He had stretches of five games without a sack in both 2005 and 2004. He's had 52.5 sacks in his 79 game career -- but 31 of those sacks came in just eleven games, leaving 20 sacks spread over the other 68 games. He has had two games with four solo tackles (less sacks) in the past two seasons, but ten with one or fewer solo tackle less sacks. He's is the definition of an all-or-nothing DL.If you can put up with his lineup killing 2-0-0 for long stretches, his 6-2-3 will singlehandedly win a game or two for you a season. If not, hope for a big week soon and get him off your roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was "lucky" enough to land Rhodes AND Barber as my starting DBs'....I dropped Barber for Barrett after Week 2 & am now considering dropping Rhodes for Eric Wright if you'll think he'll keep his job in Clev...

It's not like Rhodes isn't getting opps. there - everyone is running on the Jets.

Kirk Morrison is ranked seventh among LBs in FBG scoring.Guys that no longer are able to use the poor matchup, just missed producing, etal excuses:DL Julius PeppersLB Adalius ThomasDB Kerry RhodesDT Cory ReddingCB Ronde Barber
Can't really put Thomas in that list since he hasn't played his 4th game yet.... besides his 1st game; hes produced for me.

My votes so far:

DE - Will Smith, Justin Smith, Julius Peppers, Leonard Little, Charles Grant, Luis Castillo, Terrell Suggs

LB - Daryl Smith, Bradie James, Bart Scott, Takeo Spikes, Demorrio Williams, Andra Davis (many saw this coming), AJ Hawk, Keith Brooking

DB - Asante Samuel, Ronde Barber, Kenoy Kennedy,Chris Hope, Brodney Pool,Nick Collins, Roman Harper, Stuart Schweigert, Troy Polamalu

Overall these guys were rated higher going in and so far they haven't done much in the first four weeks. Some I still have hope for...others I'm close to giving up on.

As feeble as the Rams offense has been, you'd think Witherspoon would have the opportunity for a few more tackles.

So where are they? :lmao: :lmao:

DE - Will Smith, Justin Smith, Julius Peppers, Leonard Little, Charles Grant, Luis Castillo, Terrell Suggs

I actually own W. Smith, C. Grant, L. Castillo, and T. Suggs. I can see why I am off to a 1-3 start! :confused:

I have Hawk as well and thought about including him... but his tackle #'s have been up the last two weeks and I keep telling myself he's gonna break out soon like he did at midseason last year.Thoughts on Hawk anyone??? :popcorn:
Hawk is not getting off blocks consistently and looks tentative rather than explosive. Further, in a Jim Bates defense, this is what happens with a healthy MLB who has two competent DT in front of him. Barnett was dinged with a number of injuries last year and the defensive tackle play was just so-so. Hawk showed last year that he's got enough talent to overcome some of the scheme issues, but he'll have to be at the top of his game to do it.
This is Peppers. Over the last ten games of 2006, he had only two games with a sack. Both were multi-sack games. He had stretches of five games without a sack in both 2005 and 2004. He's had 52.5 sacks in his 79 game career -- but 31 of those sacks came in just eleven games, leaving 20 sacks spread over the other 68 games. He has had two games with four solo tackles (less sacks) in the past two seasons, but ten with one or fewer solo tackle less sacks. He's is the definition of an all-or-nothing DL.If you can put up with his lineup killing 2-0-0 for long stretches, his 6-2-3 will singlehandedly win a game or two for you a season. If not, hope for a big week soon and get him off your roster.
:lmao:

My votes so far:DE - Will Smith, Justin Smith, Julius Peppers, Leonard Little, Charles Grant, Luis Castillo, Terrell SuggsLB - Daryl Smith, Bradie James, Bart Scott, Takeo Spikes, Demorrio Williams, Andra Davis (many saw this coming), AJ Hawk, Keith BrookingDB - Asante Samuel, Ronde Barber, Kenoy Kennedy,Chris Hope, Brodney Pool,Nick Collins, Roman Harper, Stuart Schweigert, Troy PolamaluOverall these guys were rated higher going in and so far they haven't done much in the first four weeks. Some I still have hope for...others I'm close to giving up on.
D Smith isn't doing that bad unless you thought he would be in the MLB; and Bart Scott is inproving every week.

My votes so far:

LB - Daryl Smith, Bradie James, Bart Scott, Takeo Spikes, Demorrio Williams, Andra Davis (many saw this coming), AJ Hawk, Keith Brooking

DB - Asante Samuel, Ronde Barber, Kenoy Kennedy,Chris Hope, Brodney Pool,Nick Collins, Roman Harper, Stuart Schweigert, Troy Polamalu

Overall these guys were rated higher going in and so far they haven't done much in the first four weeks. Some I still have hope for...others I'm close to giving up on.
Time to give up on good ol' Nick. Bigby appears to be solid at SS while Rouse is waiting in the wings . . .

Jason Taylor and J. Peppers have to be biggest busts so far.

Besides them, another vote for W. Smith, C. Grant, K. Rhodes, & C. Hope.

Users who are viewing this thread