What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AirPod Pro issue: left is muffled/echoes (1 Viewer)

offdee

Footballguy
My right one is perfect, but my left one has a weird muffled “echo” to it. When I put them in without music playing the left one sounds exactly like when you hold a big seashell up to your ear. They are about 1.5 yrs old.

Looked online and just says to clean it by multiple methods. Tried them all and no improvement.

Anybody have a similar experience or know what the deal / fix is for it?

My right one is perfect, but my left one has a weird muffled “echo” to it. When I put them in without music playing the left one sounds exactly like when you hold a big seashell up to your ear. They are about 1.5 yrs old.

Looked online and just says to clean it by multiple methods. Tried them all and no improvement.

There were some known issues with certain early builds, Apple pushed the warranty on them out a year or so. Worth heading into an Apple store, they can test them there for you.

Sleep with the left ones wife

Buy the new ones.
Well, took them into the Apple Store and they ran the sound diagnostic test on them and the Left was bad but the Right wasn't passing either. $180 to replace those 2 yr old ones. LUCKILY TODAY they just released the 2nd Gen AirPod Pros for $250, soooooo. The new ones have the lanyard hook on the case so just had to have 'em.

Buy the new ones.
Well, took them into the Apple Store and they ran the sound diagnostic test on them and the Left was bad but the Right wasn't passing either. $180 to replace those 2 yr old ones. LUCKILY TODAY they just released the 2nd Gen AirPod Pros for $250, soooooo. The new ones have the lanyard hook on the case so just had to have 'em.
Good move. This is what the ballers use.

Buy the new ones.
They should have replaced them for free, the warranty was extended for 3yrs post-purchase per this article.

Buy the new ones.
They should have replaced them for free, the warranty was extended for 3yrs post-purchase per this article.

Hmm, interesting. Even when I go to the "info" of them on my phone it says warranty expired. Oh well, the new ones sound great...much deeper bass and much better noise cancelling.

But, I'll still go back and ask about this...I can then get replacements and sell them

Yes, this certainly seems very lucky that the new $250 air pods were available when you are having problems with the old ones.

It's not the Airpod.....it's your left ear

No go on the AirPod 3 yr warranty. I apparently didn't buy them in the correct window date. :eyeroll:'
I'm not sure why people continue to buy Apple products. I hear these fantastic tales about Apple standing behind their products and replacing used items with brand new items for free.
I certainly didn't have this experience with their products and don't know anyone that has.

Don't get me started on the Apple "Geniuses" in their stores.

No go on the AirPod 3 yr warranty. I apparently didn't buy them in the correct window date. :eyeroll:'
I'm not sure why people continue to buy Apple products. I hear these fantastic tales about Apple standing behind their products and replacing used items with brand new items for free.
I certainly didn't have this experience with their products and don't know anyone that has.

Don't get me started on the Apple "Geniuses" in their stores.
I was able to get my OG Airpod Pros replaced under that program well after the original 1yr warranty was over :shrug:

Get the LV earbuds next time GB. I've never experienced any of these problems.

Users who are viewing this thread