What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Al Michaels out of the playoff broadcast schedule (1 Viewer)

First time watching a Thursday night game, Al is definitely not on his A game. Making a bunch of small verbal mistakes. It is like when Madden and Summerall were at their end, they are too old for calling games, but I am going to miss hearing Al’s voice.
Yep. It’s hard to watch. He used to be so sharp, even just a couple seasons ago.

First time watching a Thursday night game, Al is definitely not on his A game. Making a bunch of small verbal mistakes. It is like when Madden and Summerall were at their end, they are too old for calling games, but I am going to miss hearing Al’s voice.
Yep. It’s hard to watch. He used to be so sharp, even just a couple seasons ago.
I think he got beat down by the dregs of the games they keep rolling out on Thursday night. They just have very little excitement and are usually poorly played so it is tough for anyone to be on their A-game........let alone a guy that is up in years. I don't mind the errors but you can tell he just doesn't give a darn due to the terrible games he is saddled with.

Honestly, I don't really care a ton about commentators making mistakes, I personally feel that I know more than the commentators do, or at least more than they are allowed to say so as not to ostracize a casual fan.

So for me, its more about personality than content. In that regard, Michaels, Collinsworth, Romo, the Mannings, those are my favorites to listen to.
Same. I know he was polarizing, but I loved Dan Dierdorf because of the color he brought to each broadcast. I like listening to people with opinions.

Honestly, I don't really care a ton about commentators making mistakes, I personally feel that I know more than the commentators do, or at least more than they are allowed to say so as not to ostracize a casual fan.

So for me, its more about personality than content. In that regard, Michaels, Collinsworth, Romo, the Mannings, those are my favorites to listen to.
Same. I know he was polarizing, but I loved Dan Dierdorf because of the color he brought to each broadcast. I like listening to people with opinions.

I miss a lot of the old timers honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread