What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Am I the only one glad the Super Bowl is done..... (1 Viewer)

Texasmouth

Footballguy
Not that I am technically glad the season is over, but this was the least exciting lead up to the super bowl I have ever witnessed. The game was not that exciting and I am just glad it is all over so we can focus on next season. I am far more excited about the draft than the Super Bowl this year.

Yes, I am aware that since I am not a fan of either team, but the fact is, I just didn't care who won this game. Last year, I was excited about the game and I felt it had the two best teams in football playing. This season, I just didn't feel that way. The Seahawks weren't that impressive, their record was but the NFC was so watered down this year that it wasn't a big deal.

Maybe I am in the minority here but I just didn't care much about the game and it lived up to my expectations. :ph34r:

Each year they continue this 2 weeks between the conference finals and the Super Bowl plan, the actual game fails to live up to the hype more and more. You don't see other sports separating their final that much from the rest of the postseason...

I'm glad it's over, because after a couple more days of whining about refs and proclaiming greatest evers and such, this place will be a FF forum instead on an NFL forum, which is good.

I'm glad it's over, because after a couple more days of whining about refs and proclaiming greatest evers and such, this place will be a FF forum instead on an NFL forum, which is good.
:thumbup:

Not that I am technically glad the season is over, but this was the least exciting lead up to the super bowl I have ever witnessed. The game was not that exciting and I am just glad it is all over so we can focus on next season. I am far more excited about the draft than the Super Bowl this year.

Yes, I am aware that since I am not a fan of either team, but the fact is, I just didn't care who won this game. Last year, I was excited about the game and I felt it had the two best teams in football playing. This season, I just didn't feel that way. The Seahawks weren't that impressive, their record was but the NFC was so watered down this year that it wasn't a big deal.

Maybe I am in the minority here but I just didn't care much about the game and it lived up to my expectations. :ph34r:
:confused: I'm glad to take a little break from the work angle I guess but I wish the season was 12 months long.

J

Maybe I am in the minority here but I just didn't care much about the game and it lived up to my expectations.  :ph34r:
:confused: I'm glad to take a little break from the work angle I guess but I wish the season was 12 months long.

J
Well, as a fellow football "analyst", I find that this time of year is far more inovled because the season is over but the fantasy aspect of football is hotter than ever. Everyone wanted to see content about the Super Bowl the past two weeks, which I found extrememly boring. Now we can focus on speculation and rankings, etc. Lots more work than just following games and writing previews and reviews. Lots more work...... but interesting work is better IMHO.

If Nick Harper's wife wouldn't have stabbed him in the knee the night before the Colts-Steelers game . . . I would have been interested in the Super Bowl.

Shoot, I would have gone to the Super Bowl.

I have heard that the Olympics are not for sports fanatics (I kind of agree...I never watch except for hockey). I think the Superbowl is not really a great event for football fans. Unless your team is in it, rarely do the two teams you would like to see in the event faceoff against each other.

Each week throughout the season there is a better (or more fun to watch for that matter) matchup than what the Super Bowl ultimately produces.

I'm glad it's done. The game was a great big "meh." Poor play all around. I feel like I watched two meh teams trip over each other and one basically fell into the trophy. PIT basically won with a trick play and some questionable penalties. SEA basically capitalized on a horrible turn over and missed several opportunities. Last year's bowl was titanic ... this was not that. I think I'd rather have a blow out than two completely inert offenses.

Poor game.

Baseball is garbage now. Get a salary cap and call me when things get interesting.......
I second that argument. They'll not get a dime of my money, or a minute of my time until something changes. MLB is a joke.

Well, as a fellow football "analyst", I find that this time of year is far more inovled because the season is over but the fantasy aspect of football is hotter than ever. Everyone wanted to see content about the Super Bowl the past two weeks, which I found extrememly boring. Now we can focus on speculation and rankings, etc. Lots more work than just following games and writing previews and reviews. Lots more work...... but interesting work is better IMHO.
Can I spend my money from winning my fantasy bowl before I start analyzing rankings for next year?

If Nick Harper's wife wouldn't have stabbed him in the knee the night before the Colts-Steelers game . . . I would have been interested in the Super Bowl.Shoot, I would have gone to the Super Bowl.
:rolleyes: That shouldn't have even been a game. The Colts and Broncos each got spanked. We just didn't show up for 2 halves in the playoffs. The 1st vs. the Bengals and the 1st vs. the Seahawks. Give me a break with the Colts should've have been there. We could've said that last year. Maybe your QB should worry about winning instead of whose fault it is that they are losing.

Baseball is garbage now. Get a salary cap and call me when things get interesting.......
A cap won't help the teams that are spending $20-$30 million get better... Even if they set a cap at $80 million, teams at the bottom won't spend that money...

I have heard that the Olympics are not for sports fanatics (I kind of agree...I never watch except for hockey). I think the Superbowl is not really a great event for football fans. Unless your team is in it, rarely do the two teams you would like to see in the event faceoff against each other.

Each week throughout the season there is a better (or more fun to watch for that matter) matchup than what the Super Bowl ultimately produces.
Hi SL,I dunno. I guess I'm just too far gone as I loved the game. I tire of the 2 weeks of hype and the "boxers or breifs" type questions the guys get asked and the manufactured hype but the game itself is the sweetest of the year.

You have a longer halftime show but outside of that, it's pretty normal. Plus the commercials are usually worth watching. I'll admit it, I friggin love the Super Bowl and I hate that it's over.

J

[QUOTE=']
Texasmouth said:
A cap won't help the teams that are spending $20-$30 million get better... Even if they set a cap at $80 million, teams at the bottom won't spend that money...
[/QUOTE]Hi posty,I've lost track of MLB there. Is a salary cap even a remote possibility? I don't see it.

J

damn do you guys even like football what the hell pleases you as far as a game?
Two good teams playing good football maybe? That game was uninteresting, sloppy and boring. No personality, no plots, nothing. Joey Porter talking crap to a boring, no name TE was the height of the week. Stevens dropping passes left and right made that exchange even less interesting.

damn do you guys even like football what the hell pleases you as far as a game?
Come on now. If you are happy that the Steelers won, then I am happy for you, but that was one of the most poorly played Super Bowl's I have ever seen. Neither team had their 'A' or 'B' game. It almost seemed like a game of whichever team wanted it least was going to give it away. Seattle ended up being that team. Compare that to recent Super Bowl's where teams fought tooth and nail to the end trying to win it all by playing their best.

Just a bad game with very little excitment.
:shrug: This wasn't a great game. But I'd definitely call it a good game between two outstanding teams. Nowhere near a bad game.

All in all, an above average Super Bowl.

J

:goodposting: I did not want either of these teams to win. Very tough to get up for a game where you really just don't care. Of course I want to see a great game, but my only motivation for one team to win in this case was my buddy (Friday_Frenzy who lurks this message board) absolutely loves Seattle so I found myself routing for Pitt for that reason and I actually dispise Pitt. Go figure.

I was more than happy watching a game that I had money on and in which I didn't have the stress of worrying about whether my team would cover the spread.

Just a bad game with very little excitment.
:shrug: This wasn't a great game. But I'd definitely call it a good game between two outstanding teams. Nowhere near a bad game.

All in all, an above average Super Bowl.

J
As a Steeler fan I agree. This one was at least exciting through all four quarters. It had some big plays, great defense on both sides, and lots of emotion. That's something that can't be said about many Superbowls which are pretty much over at the half. Let the media go harp on everything that didn't make this the Mannin/Colts-Vick/Falcons matchup they wanted and enjoy it. Not a top-shelf Superbowl by any stretch, but certainly not as bad as people want to portray it. Shame.

Users who are viewing this thread