What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Fire TV Stick (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
I tried searching and couldn't find a thread, but maybe that's just due to the recent "upgrade."

I ordered one of these and received it yesterday. I had read good things, but was skeptical, and since I already have On Demand through my FioS, Apple TV, and Chromecast, I was pretty sure I didn't need it. But the price was right, and the reviews were good, and since I already am a Prime member and love Amazon's services generally, I thought what the heck.

This thing is awesome. So much better than Apple TV or Chromecast. I also splurged and got the voice remote, and it works great. I always found navigating Apple TV cumbersone, and Chromecast has always been hit or miss (lately I watch the old Mister Rogers Neighborhood episodes from the 70s off Youtube, and it sometimes doesn't work great, or the picture quality isn't great, etc.)

I started speaking some random shows. It recognized my voice entry every time perfectly. I was then amazed that it had every one of the shows or movies I searched for. My daughters watch Curious George. Boom, a whole bunch of seasons. What about the recent Oscars movies my wife wants to see? Whiplash? Check. Birdman? Check. etc. All of this for the cost of a service we already pay for anyway. The real test -- this was a flyer, I figured there was no way they would have this -- "MIster Rogers' Neighborhood." Boom. Whole seasons' worth of episodes from the 1970s. I was floored they would have this.

I also scrolled down and saw that, since I now back all of our family photos up to the Amazon Cloud, it was all right there and easy to click through (note to self when taking pictures of young hotties at the airport to e-mail to shuke -- be careful, bro).

Anyway, the interface is slick and so easy to navigate. The voice control is great. The selection of movies and shows is better than I would have imagined. Awesome purchase. I doubt I'll ever turn on the AppleTV again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread