What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I won a 75-inch Crystal UHD TV on Sunday (1 Viewer)

What should I do with it?

• Keep it

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sell it

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Gift it

• Try to send it back to Amazon for a credit

• Put it in the closet until I need it

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Give it to me (a footballguy)

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Give it to Shuke

• Sell it to Shuke

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Shove it up your

• Total voters

Nipsey

Footballguy
My TV game is already good. It was delivered today. The box is bigger than me. What the hell do I do with it? $890 with tax from Amazon. I won it online from a daily fantasy site. Completely random.

2023 Model

Keep it?
Sell it?
Gift it?
Try to send it back to Amazon for a credit?
Put it in the closet until I need it?

I screwed up Monday morning, I guess I should have asked for a cash equivalent or a gift card but I was in shock and said thank you. Two big dudes delivered it and I told them I won it but they couldn't care less. Look at me I won a TV

Last edited:
For the record I have a 55 inch TCL I bought about 4 years ago that is great. Perfect size. This new one is obviously bigger. I guess it's better? Anyone know it? I'm in the city. Just one spot for a big TV. Do I go multiple screens?

Last edited:
Donate - options could be: nursing home, youth center, VA place, school, etc.
I like this solution. The last time I was in a nursing home (not actually "in one" but just visiting), the main lobby had a tiny 32" turned up to full volume as to make up for the lack of screen size. Maybe a big one with closed captioning would be just the thing for a place like that or the other options mentioned.

Donate - options could be: nursing home, youth center, VA place, school, etc.
I like this solution. The last time I was in a nursing home (not actually "in one" but just visiting), the main lobby had a tiny 32" turned up to full volume as to make up for the lack of screen size. Maybe a big one with closed captioning would be just the thing for a place like that or the other options mentioned.
Yeah, very similar experience when I would go visit my mom.

If it logistically works, I'd go multiple screens. I have a multiple screen set up and use it for a lot of NFL Sundays where there may be a second sporting event on I also want to see. For example, this past weekend was perfect because the Waste Management Open final day was great golf and it overlapped with the Super Bowl. So, when the overlap started, I moved the golf tournament to the secondary TV and was able to enjoy and catch a brilliant putting display by Taylor and Hoffman while still watching the SB in live time. Another regular occurrence where the secondary TV comes in handy is when my wife wants to watch a show that we watch together on the main TV, I can put on whatever game I'm still interested in (but not interested in enough to tell the wife no when she asks to watch a show) and it makes for a really nice compromise. I have the secondary TV on mute and I have it (by I, I actually mean my wife did this) hung to the top right of the main TV so it really isn't distracting at all or in the periphery of the main TV.

Make one of those really funny and totally not staged videos where you get upset that your favorite team lost and you smash it.

Lookup a charity near you and donate it and don't tell us or anyone else about it, do it quietly, anonymously.

Step-1, sell the brand new TV for the most anyone will give you

Step-2, donate the old 55 TCL

Step-3, go buy a new 55-65 Sony OLED, the best you can get for the least amount you can find online. I've tried most of the brands, did like LG's picture a lot but Sony blows 'em away
TCL/Vizio, they're like roll up mattresses you buy online for under $500...sure you can sleep on them but they're no Prana sitting on top of a Thuma frame I assure you

-Son had an 85 inch TV, gave me a headache trying to watch it, too bright and just too damn big for most places
-Most of the arms that attach to the wall only hold 55 and 65 inch TVs, 75+ usually too big

Or just sell the TV and use the money to go buy avocados for the rest of the year.
:banned:

Make sure you open it. Guy I worked with won a TV, brought it home, and the screen was cracked. It was for charity so he never followed up on it, but still a bummer

it would be pretty cool if you are in the city to face it out a window and play something awesome on it like bullet with steve mcqueen so everyone could watch it and be cool like steve mcqueen take that to the bank brohan

Step-3, go buy a new 55-65 Sony OLED, the best you can get for the least amount you can find online. I've tried most of the brands, did like LG's picture a lot but Sony blows 'em away
TCL/Vizio, they're like roll up mattresses you buy online for under $500...sure you can sleep on them but they're no Prana sitting on top of a Thuma frame I assure you

-Son had an 85 inch TV, gave me a headache trying to watch it, too bright and just too damn big for most places
-Most of the arms that attach to the wall only hold 55 and 65 inch TVs, 75+ usually too big

Or just sell the TV and use the money to go buy avocados for the rest of the year.

You just made winning a television seem like work and a time sink. How do you do it?

Last edited:

You just made winning a television seem like work and a time sink. How do you do it?
Step-1...

My TV game is already good. It was delivered today. The box is bigger than me. What the hell do I do with it? $890 with tax from Amazon. I won it online from a daily fantasy site. Completely random.

2023 Model

Keep it?
Sell it?
Gift it?
Try to send it back to Amazon for a credit?
Put it in the closet until I need it?

I screwed up Monday morning, I guess I should have asked for a cash equivalent or a gift card but I was in shock and said thank you. Two big dudes delivered it and I told them I won it but they couldn't care less. Look at me I won a TV
That’s pretty awesome.

I’d ya don’t need it, send it back and get a credit. Amazon will come pick it up for free I believe.

Super cool to get a cool ~1K for nothing though. Nice pull. :hifive:

I once won a free paint job when I was running my booth at a car show. Hit the grand prize in the charity raffle. $2K value.

I posted it on FB because I didn’t need a paint job.

Several friends got mad that I didn’t just give it away since I got it for free.

I sold it to one of my friends for $350 - they really needed the paint job. I didn’t feel bad at all. They saved $1650 & I paid for a couple fantasy teams.

Tickets were $50 each, I got 4. So my entire profit was $150. I could have sold it for much more. My friend had offered me $1K.

Bottom line: Do what feels right for you. They were your pennies from heaven.

Users who are viewing this thread