What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (1 Viewer)

Just ordered something with one day shipping but the estimate is Monday. Going to need a amazon miracle here to get this by my kid's b-day tomorrow.

SHIZNITTTT said:
So if you pay for the 2 day shipping and it doesn't make it what does Amazon do to compensate you? If you are using Amazon Prime and the shipment is late what does Amazon do to compensate you?
They will offer to extend your Prime. I believe they gave me a couple extra months.

The local fulfillment centers are awesome. Unless it's a new release, usually have the item the next day (provided I order early enough the previous)

So does Amazon Mom or Subscribe and Save cost anything extra over and above the normal Prime fee, and/or is there any hidden charge if you no longer want to be a part of Mom or Subscribe and just want to be regular Prime because yo discover the monthly deliveries are overkill?

So does Amazon Mom or Subscribe and Save cost anything extra over and above the normal Prime fee, and/or is there any hidden charge if you no longer want to be a part of Mom or Subscribe and just want to be regular Prime because yo discover the monthly deliveries are overkill?
No extra charges.

SHIZNITTTT said:
East Coast Bias said:
SHIZNITTTT said:
So if you pay for the 2 day shipping and it doesn't make it what does Amazon do to compensate you? If you are using Amazon Prime and the shipment is late what does Amazon do to compensate you?
They put a note in your account so it won't happen again.
:lol: really?
They may not actually put a note in your account. I just asked them about their guarantee a couple days ago when they missed a guaranteed delivery date and this is what they said:

01:17 AM(GMT) Darlene(CSA): I'm so sorry that there was an delay with your item. We will take note of this concern so it wont happen again in the future.
:confused: That pretty much sounds like they are putting a note in your account.

SHIZNITTTT said:
East Coast Bias said:
SHIZNITTTT said:
:lol: really?
They may not actually put a note in your account. I just asked them about their guarantee a couple days ago when they missed a guaranteed delivery date and this is what they said:

01:17 AM(GMT) Darlene(CSA): I'm so sorry that there was an delay with your item. We will take note of this concern so it wont happen again in the future.
:confused: That pretty much sounds like they are putting a note in your account.
They might put a note in my account isn't going to stop a shipping delay.

Last edited by a moderator:
East Coast Bias said:
SHIZNITTTT said:
They just extended my Prime an additional month when I called and complained yesterday.

Just ordered something with one day shipping but the estimate is Monday. Going to need a amazon miracle here to get this by my kid's b-day tomorrow.
Not everything is available for Sat delivery and have run into similar issues when I wanted something on Sat.

Not everything is available for Sat delivery and have run into similar issues when I wanted something on Sat.
Pretty sure the hour I dicked around trying to decide if we really wanted a small glofish tank was what did me in.

I've had prime for 3 years. Use it a lot. Had two damaged items and were replaced immediately. Always got stuff in 2 days. Just beware if the item doesn't say prime shipping then it's not part of the package.

Well I'm disappointed. 61 orders this year. Not all for Prime merchandise but probably 90%. Yesterday was the first time my order didn't arrive in time. Boo Amazon, you suck so bad.

Chaos Commish said:
Well I'm disappointed. 61 orders this year. Not all for Prime merchandise but probably 90%. Yesterday was the first time my order didn't arrive in time. Boo Amazon, you suck so bad.
Me too! The TV I ordered on Monday was scheduled to be delivered between 5-8pm last night (they do that with large/expensive stuff), and the shipping company - some outfit I've never heard of - called me at 6:30 and said "Your shipment didn't get to your area until 1:15 this afternoon, so we won't be able to get it to you tonight, it will have to be tomorrow or Sunday".

I'm not mad at Amazon, of 56 orders this is the first order all year that has been late, but damn it was disappointing.

It's not just amazon... I sent an envelope 5 hours away via USPS 2 day priority mail on Tuesday. It still hasn't arrived :oldunsure:

Chaos Commish said:
UPS is having their worst year of performance that Amazon has experienced. If I worked at Amazon I'd profess my sincere apologies and assure you that, hypothetically, everyone involved at Amazon is thoroughly embarrassed and working working around the clock to find other ways to get you your package that doesn't rely on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha. Today I get a message that UPS is reporting delays due to the weather. When I track my package at UPS it says the package was left at the facility (It didn't get put on the truck). The UPS site doesn't mention anything about the weather. :shrug:
Secret Sauce: The way UPS' system works is that if they don't bother to pick up the truck, it was actually the fault of the shipper and not UPS. Local shipping hub says "system says we didn't get it so it's not our fault" regardless of whether it's sitting on a UPS trailer waiting for a driver that never showed up.

Chaos Commish said:
UPS is having their worst year of performance that Amazon has experienced. If I worked at Amazon I'd profess my sincere apologies and assure you that, hypothetically, everyone involved at Amazon is thoroughly embarrassed and working working around the clock to find other ways to get you your package that doesn't rely on them.
Drones down?

It would be nice if Amazon had a feature where you could "hide" orders in your purchase history for the holidays.

Everything is good here. The chat rep went from saying it might be UPS' fault to saying it definitely was a carrier issue. UPS chat is not available so I can't get their side of the story until tomorrow.
UPS says its not their fault. Who do I believe?
Ups is in business by virtue of the fact that they are marginally better than the post office. Same with FedEx. I ship a lot of stuff, and if my business were as error prone as those two jokers I would have been bankrupt long long ago.

Short version: ups screwed up.

The last 3-4 orders I've done on amazon to be delivered to me in Los Angeles ALL arrived the next day, with the 5-8 day economy Free Shipping option. It's like Prime for free.

Cyber Monday was UPS' biggest shipping day ever. I had 60 pkgs delivered late due to CM. Add in the weather in the midwest, and the seasonal ####tards UPS hires to sort, and you get the beginning of the season when UPS becomes totally unreliable.

Does anyone know if their is any incentive to write reviews?
It's possible. You have to be one of the top reviewers and you might get stuff sent to you that they would like reviewed. Either from Amazon or in some cases from the manufacturers directly.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/vine/help

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/10/29/241372607/top-reviewers-on-amazon-get-tons-of-free-stuff

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/30/5048076/amazon-vine-gives-top-reviewers-free-products

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of this or not. For instance, if you are a top reviewer and suddenly BOSE starts sending you mid-level headphones. Do you give an honest review or hope to score some high end headphones directly from BOSE by raving about the product? Or for that matter wouldn't some people think it was impolite in some way to bash a free gift from a manufacturer? Seems to me even if you don't rave about the product if you give a suspect product an average score when it should get a terrible score if you actually had to pay for it the reviews become kind of pointless.

Wait, so not all movies/shows on Amazon instant video are free with Prime?
Nope. Only certain ones. There's a really good amount of free stuff on there. Pretty much anything that is avilable instantly on Netflix is avilable on Amazon Prime Video.
Well, I already have Netflix. And now I am seeing that the book lending library only works on actual Kindle devices, and not the ipad app. Looks like I will probably be cancelling this after 30 days.

If you have a problem with a product you should email customer service on Amazon. They really are great. I got a blu-ray set 2 years ago that I just got around to watching. One disc was scratched and because it's an entire series on Blu-Ray I didn't want to send the item back (just watched the episode on Netflix). Amazon gave me a 30% refund which was beyond generous.

Nope. Only certain ones. There's a really good amount of free stuff on there. Pretty much anything that is avilable instantly on Netflix is avilable on Amazon Prime Video.
Well, I already have Netflix. And now I am seeing that the book lending library only works on actual Kindle devices, and not the ipad app. Looks like I will probably be cancelling this after 30 days.
Well what if you just cancel Netflix? Unless you really like House of Cards or Orange is the New Black. I'd say about 95% of what is on Netflix is also on Amazon Prime Video.

Well what if you just cancel Netflix? Unless you really like House of Cards or Orange is the New Black. I'd say about 95% of what is on Netflix is also on Amazon Prime Video.
I'd say that's false.

I'd say that's false.
More like 20% actually.

Last year I found $250 worth of books in the lending library I really wanted to read. So I bought the cheapest Kindle. The advertising then said I could read one at a time. A bunch of the books I wanted to read were short 50-75 pagers written by some expert in a field I was digging into. I quickly found out it was not one at a time; but one at a time, and only one a month, 12 a year. I sent the Kindle back. I still see $10-15 books I could read for free with a Kindle and found myself wishing I kept it. So I took them up on the 7" Fire HD yesterday for $135. I doubt the library will pay for the Kindle in a year, but certainly in two or three, and hey, I'll be a better read person for it, and have another tablet too.

I'd say that's false.
Really? I thought it was pretty close. At least the stuff I've looked for has been on both. Good to know.

I'd say that's false.
Really? I thought it was pretty close. At least the stuff I've looked for has been on both. Good to know.
I have both. Netflix' selection far outweighs amazons prime selection.... and the user interface on Amazon for streaming video is kinda pitiful. They really need a dedicated design/interface for their instant video content. No excuse for a company of their size.

It's possible. You have to be one of the top reviewers and you might get stuff sent to you that they would like reviewed. Either from Amazon or in some cases from the manufacturers directly.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/vine/help

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/10/29/241372607/top-reviewers-on-amazon-get-tons-of-free-stuff

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/30/5048076/amazon-vine-gives-top-reviewers-free-products

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of this or not. For instance, if you are a top reviewer and suddenly BOSE starts sending you mid-level headphones. Do you give an honest review or hope to score some high end headphones directly from BOSE by raving about the product? Or for that matter wouldn't some people think it was impolite in some way to bash a free gift from a manufacturer? Seems to me even if you don't rave about the product if you give a suspect product an average score when it should get a terrible score if you actually had to pay for it the reviews become kind of pointless.
At least Amazon labels the "Vine Program" reviews as such so you know that person was given the product and can factor that into your perception of their review. That said, Vine reviews do tend to be more favorable than average.

Put in an order a couple days ago with a couple items that were due to be delivered today. (Wed) Looked at the tracking and saw that one was changed to be delivered on Monday. Was kinda shocked and decided to chat with them about it, thought it might have been the snow, although it had not been shipped yet. In looking at the order, the Amazon-ite found out that my item was out of stock and that is why it was late. She offered to change it to another Prime place and waive the next day shipping. I think the cost was ~$1 more which wasn't the end of the world but I thought it was cool of them to waive the shipping. I would have liked it if they would have notified me that it was going to be late tho.

Nice thing about Prime, I ordered wife's Xmas gift today, and she works from home on Fridays, so I did the next day for $3.99 (not too much more on a $150 gift) so I'd get it tomorrow and she wouldn't see it. Boy I'm clever!! ;->

I have both. Netflix' selection far outweighs amazons prime selection.... and the user interface on Amazon for streaming video is kinda pitiful. They really need a dedicated design/interface for their instant video content. No excuse for a company of their size.
The Netflix movie selection is far superior, but I think Amazon is in the same league when it comes to television series.

As someone that has Amazon year around and subscribes to Netflix for a couple of months in the winter I think both interfaces are pretty terrible. Neither of them really learn from what I was interested or not interested on my last visit. If the past ten times I've been on the site I've skipped over/through certain films.... can't they just assume I have no interest in those films and stop suggesting them on the screen to me?

The Netflix movie selection is far superior, but I think Amazon is in the same league when it comes to television series.

As someone that has Amazon year around and subscribes to Netflix for a couple of months in the winter I think both interfaces are pretty terrible. Neither of them really learn from what I was interested or not interested on my last visit. If the past ten times I've been on the site I've skipped over/through certain films.... can't they just assume I have no interest in those films and stop suggesting them on the screen to me?
You can click not interested on netflix.

Users who are viewing this thread