What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (2 Viewers)

...I'm getting the feeling that all the good deals are going to be on Amazon Pantry stuff this year.  Their agenda is pushing into new spaces.  Not much incentive to give me great deals on crap I'd already buy from them anyway.

Welp, I went all FireTV crazy. Going to be able to return 2-3 Dish Joeys so that’ll save $16-24 per month.

Got 4 sticks, one TV and one cube. It’s my birthday tomorrow so I felt like getting the cube for a room I use a lot where it’ll be nice to be able to switch TV inputs without a universal remote (most really good ones already cost more). Got all 6 for $181 with discounts. Not bad since 4 sticks was $160 pre-discount. 

Welp, I went all FireTV crazy. Going to be able to return 2-3 Dish Joeys so that’ll save $16-24 per month.

Got 4 sticks, one TV and one cube. It’s my birthday tomorrow so I felt like getting the cube for a room I use a lot where it’ll be nice to be able to switch TV inputs without a universal remote (most really good ones already cost more). Got all 6 for $181 with discounts. Not bad since 4 sticks was $160 pre-discount. 
How does this Firestick work? :bag:   Do I still need to subscribe to cable/satellite? 

How does this Firestick work? :bag:   Do I still need to subscribe to cable/satellite? 
Not an expert like some around here, but that depends on: (a) what you want to watch; and (b) how comfortable you are with using Kodi (or something similar) and potential copyright infringements  :unsure:  

Plug it in to an HDMI port on your tv and follow the set up instructions.  Log onto wifi, then log into your amazon account.  You can use any streaming app you want, netflix, sling, directvnow, etc.  Surf the internet.  Watch amazon prime and even order cable channels like HBO.  And most popular channels have an app that you can log into with your cable subscription info.

However, there are other apps like Terrarium tv that lets you stream all the above for free.   Kodi is another popular choice that takes a little bit more button pushing to set up.  Pair one of these with an HD OTA antenna for live local channels and there is zero reason to subscribe to cable.

Not an expert like some around here, but that depends on: (a) what you want to watch; and (b) how comfortable you are with using Kodi (or something similar) and potential copyright infringements  :unsure:  
Without dealing with Part B there are enough legit subscription services that a lot of people are replacing cable with them: Netflix, Hulu, YoutubeTV, Sling, DirecTVNow, Amazon Prime, Playstaion Vue.  Some even have live local channels in certain areas.

Really with internet speeds available now days the idea that you need a cable company to provide you cable service (or mount an ugly dish on your roof) is absurd.

The Douni A7 bluetooth speaker was a good choice at $50. Currently $30 is a steal. This reviewer is super thorough. So much so Douni adjusted the DSP of the first versions based on his opinions. After which it sounded better than a $100 JBL. The version shipping now is even further refined. Bass has been dialed down to give a more realistic sound so if you're all about the bass you may be disappointed.  But if you use a portable speaker for tv on a tablet or phone and non bass heavy music these are... well, like the reviewer clearly demonstrates better than JBL Flip 4s. 

I don't care to steal anything.  I have Hulu and Netflix right now.  Only channels I would really care about is Fox Sports and CNBC.

Plug it in to an HDMI port on your tv and follow the set up instructions.  Log onto wifi, then log into your amazon account.  You can use any streaming app you want, netflix, sling, directvnow, etc.  Surf the internet.  Watch amazon prime and even order cable channels like HBO.  And most popular channels have an app that you can log into with your cable subscription info.

However, there are other apps like Terrarium tv that lets you stream all the above for free.   Kodi is another popular choice that takes a little bit more button pushing to set up.  Pair one of these with an HD OTA antenna for live local channels and there is zero reason to subscribe to cable.
Thanks

The Douni A7 bluetooth speaker was a good choice at $50. Currently $30 is a steal. This reviewer is super thorough. So much so Douni adjusted the DSP of the first versions based on his opinions. After which it sounded better than a $100 JBL. The version shipping now is even further refined. Bass has been dialed down to give a more realistic sound so if you're all about the bass you may be disappointed.  But if you use a portable speaker for tv on a tablet or phone and non bass heavy music these are... well, like the reviewer clearly demonstrates better than JBL Flip 4s. 
Dang, sold out as I was reading the description.

I don't care to steal anything.  I have Hulu and Netflix right now.  Only channels I would really care about is Fox Sports and CNBC.
To watch the Fox Sports app, you need to verify that you have the channel through some service.  That means your cable company, satellite, or one of the streaming services.  To watch the World Cup, I had to subscribe to Hulu TV for a month in order to watch the games through the Fox Sports app.  Hulu TV is much less expensive than cable is, but it cuts down on your savings.

From 9p til 3a EST, use the camera search function to unlock an extra $5 off specific items, which include a firestick. I cancelled the $19.99 firestick I ordered yesterday and re-ordered it for 14.99. Tough to pass that up.  

Other than that, the only things i bought this year:

$25 goft card (extra $5 will add to account in 2 days)

3 books for the kids (buy $20 in physical books, get $5 off)

Where can I find the customer service contact information on Amazon?   How do I contact them?  They sent me the wrong product.  

Galileo said:
Where can I find the customer service contact information on Amazon?   How do I contact them?  They sent me the wrong product.  
Just look up your order and there should be a return/replacement option/button for each product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just look up your order and there should be a return/replacement option/button for each product.
I saw that, but I don't have the item shown in the order because they didn't send it to me.  I can't return what I don't have.  I want what is shown in my order!

I do most of my shopping with the iOS app but with this new update these som of a guns have completely screwed this up. It’s unusable, slooow as hell and all the results are “sponsored “ items.  I emailed Jeff , hopefully he gets on the ball

I can't believe I ignored Man in the High Castle for as long as I did.  Season 1 was some of the best television I've ever enjoyed and I don't know that you can handle the book better than yet.  I'm about halfway through season 2 and each episode gets better.  I'm actually finding myself rooting for John Smith a little - great job with that role.

Need to finish up before season 3 gets going.

I can't believe I ignored Man in the High Castle for as long as I did.  Season 1 was some of the best television I've ever enjoyed and I don't know that you can handle the book better than yet.  I'm about halfway through season 2 and each episode gets better.  I'm actually finding myself rooting for John Smith a little - great job with that role.

Need to finish up before season 3 gets going.
thread here if you are interested

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/736203-man-in-the-high-castle-amazon-prime/?page=6

Seriously considering dropping Prime.  My orders for Prime items are taking way longer than 2 days.  I called today and they gave me a line about how the 2 days only applies to shipping, not the pre-shipping process.  So even though for years I have ordered something and gotten it two days later now apparently it is OK for things to take a week or more.

Seriously considering dropping Prime.  My orders for Prime items are taking way longer than 2 days.  I called today and they gave me a line about how the 2 days only applies to shipping, not the pre-shipping process.  So even though for years I have ordered something and gotten it two days later now apparently it is OK for things to take a week or more.
And two day shipping is free for everyone over the holidays anyways. But yea, if my packages started consistently taking longer than two days, I'd drop it like a bad habit. I hardly use video, music or books anymore. Really, the shipping is about the only benefit we use.

And two day shipping is free for everyone over the holidays anyways. But yea, if my packages started consistently taking longer than two days, I'd drop it like a bad habit. I hardly use video, music or books anymore. Really, the shipping is about the only benefit we use.
Aren't books and music separate charges?

Users who are viewing this thread