What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (1 Viewer)

Bought a couple of Dots, one for the MIL,  as well as One of these  

Foscam R2 1080P HD Wireless Security Camera (CCTV 1920TVL / IP Camera 2MP) – WiFi Home Security Camera System with iOS/Android App, Pan, Tilt, Zoom, 2-Way Audio, Motion Alerts, and More (White)

I hope that it isn't a piece of junk. I don't need anything fancy.

Need a modem for cox....thoughts?

TP-Link DOCSIS 3.0 (24x8) Cable Modem Certified with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more (TC7650-E) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y4TG6KN/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_79vzzb9687N26

NETGEAR AC1600 (16x4) WiFi Cable Modem Router (C6250) DOCSIS 3.0 Certified for Xfinity Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, & more https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0111MRLLG/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_7.vzzbN84RD1N

NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band WiFi Router (R6700) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R2AZLD2/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_RcwzzbZVFH0VJ

All right I bought an Echo, Dot, Car trunk storage $19.99 , and an ebook. I am done.

Buy any ebook today and get 40% towards another one. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if anyone's interested and it's probably wrong thread but a Chamberlain myq works with any old garage door opener that allows you to use an app to open and close your garage.

Greatest thing I've ever bought

Anybody buying a mattress today? I've followed the ffa mattress thread the whole way. 

How are the gel memory foam mattresses holding up 5+ years in?
This one has been talked about here, I think.  I've been watching it for awhile based on positive reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EAG9X34/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2LMRD8IKAA1YM&coliid=IOQM59JWDJDQS&psc=1

but went with this one based on being cheaper yet sounds like the same thing, but maybe cooler

https://www.amazon.com/Zinus-Gel-Infused-Green-Memory-Mattress/dp/B01NBPG1QV/ref=lp_16977606011_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1499802099&sr=1-5&th=1

rascal said:
Need a modem for cox....thoughts?

TP-Link DOCSIS 3.0 (24x8) Cable Modem Certified with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more (TC7650-E) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y4TG6KN/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_79vzzb9687N26

NETGEAR AC1600 (16x4) WiFi Cable Modem Router (C6250) DOCSIS 3.0 Certified for Xfinity Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, & more https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0111MRLLG/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_7.vzzbN84RD1N

NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band WiFi Router (R6700) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R2AZLD2/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_RcwzzbZVFH0VJ
Do you need a modem or a modem and a router?  

Its not apparent based upon your links but regardless, if you want wifi you ned a modem and a router so make sure you have both or buy an integrated device that is both a modem and a router.

Note that the netgear ac1600 is integrated so you only need one device.

i think mattfancy had a post earlier with a tp-link modem and router (seperate devices) that seemed pretty solid. May want to check it out. 

Good deal on the Motorola G5 64 with 4 mb of ram for 179.  Includes the Amazon ads but you can turn them off with a little research. 
Trying to buy one of these for myself and keep getting an error that this item has limited purchase quantity and have it removed from my order.  I did buy one of these for my son 2 months ago, but I can't find any evidence of a purchase limit.  Chat is not helping at all in fixing the order or giving me proof of the limit. 

edit: No go.  I just wish they'd made the limit known so I could have had someone else order the phone for me today. 

Trying to buy one of these for myself and keep getting an error that this item has limited purchase quantity and have it removed from my order.  I did buy one of these for my son 2 months ago, but I can't find any evidence of a purchase limit.  Chat is not helping at all in fixing the order or giving me proof of the limit. 

edit: No go.  I just wish they'd made the limit known so I could have had someone else order the phone for me today. 
I got one and I'm not sure if I really want it.

Ruby Tuesday and TGI Friday $50 gift cards for $39.50 each.

Amazon $25 gift card (assuming I didn't screw something up, supposed to receive a $5 credit in a day or 2 )

Gold&Berry Professional Padfolio with Refillable Notepads - Business Letter Portfolio Size - This was on sale and then I got another 20% off after trying to win one. Paid $14.40

I buy boring stuff.

Last year, I didn't buy a thing...this year:

• A second Echo Dot for the kitchen
  • LED Bias Lighting for Behind TV
  • Keen Sandal/Shoes
  • HooToo Flash Drive for iPhone
  • OralB electric toothbrush
  • One of those 3 outlet/3USB wall plug things.
All-in-all, a pretty good score.  No buyer's remorse except maybe the USB wall plug thing.  I'll use it, but I didn't really NEED it.  It was only like $12 though.  A little bummed the tool and gardening deals weren't better.  I really needed a new lopper for pruning trees.

I was looking at a bunch of these...didnt pull the trigger though.
It was like $11 for a kit that works on a 70+" TV...It's worth a shot.  The one I got is only white though.  Some of the fancier ones have different colors and a remote...My wife would kill me if I added another remote to our basement theater.  I've already got 7 in the drawer...albeit most are replaced by my Harmony universal, but still...

It was like $11 for a kit that works on a 70+" TV...It's worth a shot.  The one I got is only white though.  Some of the fancier ones have different colors and a remote...My wife would kill me if I added another remote to our basement theater.  I've already got 7 in the drawer...albeit most are replaced by my Harmony universal, but still...
which remote do you have? Maybe looking to get one. Thanks

yea, I know they were not expensive. But I find myself saying "its only $11" all prime day and then realizing I bought $300 worth of $11 items. lol

We are building a new den right now and will be moving al the TV equip in a few months when its done, i'll grab one then. 

For all the guys on the fence about the echo. My wife bought me one for my birthday. I was like, "Oh, thanks?" Placed the box on a table and went on with life. Two weeks later I opened Alexis and it is probably the coolest thing my wife has ever gotten me, and the entire family uses it. Now it is my go to gift for other family members.

2 double jogging strollers (had the double discount issue), warehouse chromebook and a laptop, and some gift cards where they gave Amazon credits/Alexa deals

Also thought about getting echo or dot but couldn't figure out anything I'd need or use it for.

For all the guys on the fence about the echo. My wife bought me one for my birthday. I was like, "Oh, thanks?" Placed the box on a table and went on with life. Two weeks later I opened Alexis and it is probably the coolest thing my wife has ever gotten me, and the entire family uses it. Now it is my go to gift for other family members.
What do you guys use it for?

how does controlling the lights work? Does it use Hue? If so, then you say something like "turn off bedroom light"?

We have several Hue lights already
You can use it with Hue. I bought some of the TP-Link smart plugs and have lamps and stuff plugged into those. Then I can just tell Alexa to "turn off bedroom light" and the lights turn off.

which remote do you have? Maybe looking to get one. Thanks
I've got the Harmony Elite.  It's not cheap, but it's broadly compatible.  In my case, I have a ton of AV gear (Receiver, TV and a projector, DVD, X-box, Fire TV) and a bunch of home automation stuff on Z-wave.  I wanted to be able to do as much as possible from one remote, and I wanted to be able to use RF instead of IR as a lot of my equipment is in a media rack.

The Harmony Elite with hub and the Z-wave bridge thing lets me control all my z-wave devices, and all my equipment, even the Fire TV (which needs bluetooth...not many remotes have that).  Plus I can also use my phone if I want to instead of the remote.  The only thing I can't do is manually raise or lower my projector screen because that's an odd remote protocol...but it's not a big deal honestly. 

ETA - It's Alexa compatible too, although I've had some issues getting it to work well.  You can say "Alexa, watch a DVD" and it'll turn on all the devices.  You can also program in favorite channels and control the volume via voice.

how does controlling the lights work? Does it use Hue? If so, then you say something like "turn off bedroom light"?

We have several Hue lights already
Works great with Hue.  Just go find them with your Alexa app and follow the instructions.  All your Hue stuff can be controlled individually or in groups with voice commands.

I have several of them all through the house. Almost all lights and switches are automated, music, news, info everywhere. At this point I would hate going back to life without them. 
Will it differentiate between voices?  Willmy wife and I both be able to make changes to our respective calendars?

Users who are viewing this thread