What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anarchy League 4 (3 Viewers)

I see that it says "you can also go to round 2 (or 3, 4, 5...)" and set that list. since I preset a large # i would imagine that would apply to say round three when it rolls around, no? Or do I need to do each round separately (would seem dumb since how do i know who will even be avail in round 3). If anyone knows feel free to chime in.
Set all your round 2 picks.Save and COntinue to round 3.On the round 3 page, you can hit "import from 2nd round" and it will bring in your entire round 2 preset. You can then hit save and continue just like before.Repeat this process.On another note, I'm either going to destroy you all or finish last. I either completely understand how best to draft or have absolutely no idea. I see no in between. Probably 75/25 for fail/dominate. We'll see how it goes!
:goodposting: However the problem with setting too many rounds in a row can be seen n Solaraca's team, as after 3 rounds and he has gone TE (picked on his own), ATL QB/NYG QB (both made via lists), and you can't iagine he really wanted to do that.Note. my jury trial is over, so I'll be online or on a golf course for the next 3-4 days and won't be so absentee...
I seriously doubt this is a problem, and I imagine Solaraca is fine with his team (you know we start 2 QBs right?). The roster sizes are set, so it won't draft more QBs than you can start. Just set up your list with an honest assessment of who you'd rather have, and it's not a problem.

The roster sizes are set, so it won't draft more QBs than you can start.
Not accurate. The system will let people draft 12 TMQBs. That's a league rule not a system rule. So if someone picks someone/something that makes an illegal roster, let me now ASAP.

I see that it says "you can also go to round 2 (or 3, 4, 5...)" and set that list. since I preset a large # i would imagine that would apply to say round three when it rolls around, no? Or do I need to do each round separately (would seem dumb since how do i know who will even be avail in round 3). If anyone knows feel free to chime in.
Set all your round 2 picks.Save and COntinue to round 3.On the round 3 page, you can hit "import from 2nd round" and it will bring in your entire round 2 preset. You can then hit save and continue just like before.Repeat this process.On another note, I'm either going to destroy you all or finish last. I either completely understand how best to draft or have absolutely no idea. I see no in between. Probably 75/25 for fail/dominate. We'll see how it goes!
:goodposting: However the problem with setting too many rounds in a row can be seen n Solaraca's team, as after 3 rounds and he has gone TE (picked on his own), ATL QB/NYG QB (both made via lists), and you can't iagine he really wanted to do that.Note. my jury trial is over, so I'll be online or on a golf course for the next 3-4 days and won't be so absentee...
I seriously doubt this is a problem, and I imagine Solaraca is fine with his team (you know we start 2 QBs right?). The roster sizes are set, so it won't draft more QBs than you can start. Just set up your list with an honest assessment of who you'd rather have, and it's not a problem.
Yup, it was intentional. I grabbed a tight end in the first because of the odd scoring system, and as I saw QB's flying off the board, I wanted to make sure I got a top 10 guy in the next round. I had a few RB's and WR's mixed in for the third, but I also had some other QB's, and it just so happened that I got another one. With 16 teams and two starting QB's, you're going to be pretty rough in that area if you wait too long.I did finally get my first RB/WR though, picking up Bradshaw in the fourth :) I'm definitely more comfortable at RB/WR in the later rounds than I was with QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
'solorca said:
'Ping Pong said:
Yup, it was intentional. I grabbed a tight end in the first because of the odd scoring system, and as I saw QB's flying off the board, I wanted to make sure I got a top 10 guy in the next round. I had a few RB's and WR's mixed in for the third, but I also had some other QB's, and it just so happened that I got another one. With 16 teams and two starting QB's, you're going to be pretty rough in that area if you wait too long.I did finally get my first RB/WR though, picking up Bradshaw in the fourth :) I'm definitely more comfortable at RB/WR in the later rounds than I was with QB.
:goodposting: Exactly my thinking, which is why I went QB/TE/QB. There's still quality RB/WR out there right now, but I don't want to be stuck with Chicago or Buffalo TMQB...

My advantage of using FBG info in my money league draft is completely nullified here. On the other hand at least some of you, if not all of you, are using a form of FBG ranking, so that makes you all somewhat predictable. I'm not sure what throwing me off more, the size of the league at 16 teams or the scoring format. :unsure:

I'd have to say this format is anything but predictable!

Of course you are right that we can count on things like Ingram going earlier than many typical drafts not entirely filled with FBGers...

As you can tell I'm trying to zag while everyone is zigging. Could be great or could blow up in my face :bag:

Reaaal quiet in here. Also can you explain why someone with back to back picks would only make one of them...

Season doesn't start for 2 more weeks - we shouldn't need a clock til Labor Day. With power outages along the east coast about to happen for the next few days, would be a shame to spoil it with autopicks happening for a bunch of guys (including me). I can draft from blackberry, but there will definitely be delays given we won't be checking as frequently as normal.

'kardplayer said:
Season doesn't start for 2 more weeks - we shouldn't need a clock til Labor Day. With power outages along the east coast about to happen for the next few days, would be a shame to spoil it with autopicks happening for a bunch of guys (including me). I can draft from blackberry, but there will definitely be delays given we won't be checking as frequently as normal.
I agree with this. I am not affected but as long as we are on pace to get finished before the season starts (which is all that really matters anyway) I wouldnt want anybody to get stuck with auto picks either. We have a great group of drafters here Im confident we will get er done despite mother nature maybe interfering.

Can't say that I'm loving my team so far, but I'm banking on getting out ahead on some of the other positions that will really benefit in this league. Waiting until the 4th for a RB and the 6th for a WR put me behind the eight-ball at those positions.

QB - Falcons and Giants (liking this for a 2QB league)

RB - Ahmad Bradshaw and Beanie Wells

WR - Jeremy Maclin and AJ Green (not feeling this AT ALL)

TE - Jason Witten

Can't say that I'm loving my team so far, but I'm banking on getting out ahead on some of the other positions that will really benefit in this league. Waiting until the 4th for a RB and the 6th for a WR put me behind the eight-ball at those positions. QB - Falcons and Giants (liking this for a 2QB league)RB - Ahmad Bradshaw and Beanie WellsWR - Jeremy Maclin and AJ Green (not feeling this AT ALL)TE - Jason Witten
with 16 teams and this format you are invariably going to get stuck SOMEWHERE. My assumption going in is that you really handcuff yourself in looking for value completely filling positions position early. Such an interesting draft this has been with all the mid tier QB's coming off the board so early. I THINK some of those people will pay dearly and that will turn out to be a mistake. We shall see. VERY interesting draft and thanks to the commish and you guys for allowing me to experiment with this.

Such an interesting draft this has been with all the mid tier QB's coming off the board so early. I THINK some of those people will pay dearly and that will turn out to be a mistake.
As one of those people I totally agree. Unfortunately it was the way I set my predraft lists... the buffers I set as picks before those QB's keep getting snipered one or two picks before mine so that I ended up with two very unsavory QB's where I could have picked up other positions. Poor foresight I guess.

I'm assuming its Hurricane related and will get going again once everyone is back on their feet.

Just noting that we still have over 180 picks to go - we need to pick up the pace compared to how its going recently...

I'm assuming its Hurricane related and will get going again once everyone is back on their feet.Just noting that we still have over 180 picks to go - we need to pick up the pace compared to how its going recently...
yeah he listed CO as where he lived so I am assuming travel issues....

7+ more days to continue my trainwreck of a team. This will be interesting... Definitely screwed up by going back to back QB instead of targeting a TE...

6 rounds to go in ~4 days. So ~100 picks needed in ~100 hours to put it in proper perspective

I really think we need a timer - I understand your concerns David but personally my feeling is that if you miss your pick and choose not to pre-draft then you must accept that your replacement pick will only be done whenever David is able to do so and hence your preferences may get picked in the meantime.

Bottom line - dont miss your pick or pre-draft!

6 rounds to go in ~4 days. So ~100 picks needed in ~100 hours to put it in proper perspectiveI really think we need a timer - I understand your concerns David but personally my feeling is that if you miss your pick and choose not to pre-draft then you must accept that your replacement pick will only be done whenever David is able to do so and hence your preferences may get picked in the meantime.Bottom line - dont miss your pick or pre-draft!
Replacement picks are a nightmare. From now on, if people go way over the time limit, I will pick for that team and they are stuck with whomever I take for them. As you said, people can draft on time or predraft. At this point, it's not like they are missing out on a first round talent.

6 rounds to go in ~4 days. So ~100 picks needed in ~100 hours to put it in proper perspectiveI really think we need a timer - I understand your concerns David but personally my feeling is that if you miss your pick and choose not to pre-draft then you must accept that your replacement pick will only be done whenever David is able to do so and hence your preferences may get picked in the meantime.Bottom line - dont miss your pick or pre-draft!
Have to agree... it's taken us over 24 hours to make 4 picks... ugh.

My opinion: If you dont pre-draft you have no legitimate complaint if you get stuck with someone you didnt want.... and if that person ends up making your lineup illegal, then you pick someone else when the draft is complete so as not to slow up or confuse the rest of us.

BTW this is coming from a person who hast pre darfated much at all. So technically I could end up a screwee. :unsure: :unsure:

I have predrafted the rest of my team, the roster limits make that easy since there's no deciding between a 5th RB or a 3rd QB, etc.

Looks like we may get this thing done after all.

thanks for picking up the pace today, gents, we should easily be done by mid day tomorrow. mid day for us left coast folks, that is.

I have predrafted the rest of my team, the roster limits make that easy since there's no deciding between a 5th RB or a 3rd QB, etc.Looks like we may get this thing done after all.
I predrafted my next pick since i'm not an early riser. My 2nd QB is a no brainer here since there are a couple I DONT want to get stuck with. Could have went several different ways but I settled on the rookie in Cincinnatti. He has some highly drafted receivers and they WILL be behind all year. Plus here's hoping the rumors are true and Palmer actually comes back....and plays......... nahhh who am I kidding...this is Mike Brown we are talkig about. :cry:

Meet team Budman. Should be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Bengals, Cincinnati CIN TMQB 16.04

Raiders, Oakland OAK TMQB 8.04

I think taking a qb early will end up being a mistake and panicking and taking the mid level qb's will REALLY turn out to be a mistake. I may have chickened out fairly early by taking Oaklands QB but I like that offense as a whole and how those wr's are looking there. I took Cincys QB when the Cam Newton project was still on the board. That could be a mistake, we shall see. I just went with the one with the better receivers....by far.

Bush, Michael OAK RB 9.13

Bush, Reggie MIA RB 7.13

Grant, Ryan GBP RB 6.04

Jones, Felix DAL RB 4.04

Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB 2.04

I took my fex player as a RB. That is where the value seemed to be at so I waited, and waited, and waited some more after my top 2 w's. Not happy about the platoon news in GB but in the 6th round it was still a decent pick. Glad I wasnt scrounging late for rb's.

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR 3.13

Driver, Donald GBP WR 12.04

Gaffney, Jabar WAS WR 17.13

Johnson, Calvin DET WR 1.13

Walter, Kevin HOU WR 15.13

I was really happy to get my last 2 wr's so late in a draft this deep. As a whole I think they will do well.

Davis, Fred WAS TE 11.13

Keller, Dustin NYJ TE 5.13

I drafted from the 13 hole so going TE early didnt seem like an option. I like what I am hearing about Keller and IF Cooleys knee continues to cause him to miss time, Davis could be a steal where I got him. TE's are deep and I think people who reached for a te because of the 2 points per reception scoring will be punished in this format because the pool is so deep.

Folk, Nick NYJ PK 14.04

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK 13.13

I got caught at the turn at the front of the kicker run which pleased me ALOT. In a 16 team league you can really get screwed at or near the turn .

Panthers, Carolina CAR Def 18.04

Saints, New Orleans NOS Def 10.04

1 playoff defense that seems to produce alot of turnovers and the panthers defense which wont be one of the 2 or 3 worst defenses. I'll take it.

OVERALL Im happy with this team in a 16 team league with excellent drafters. 8/18 players drafted are on teams that SHOULD make the playoffs so Im happy with that. The downside of my team is there is little upside. I didnt take a flyer on anyone really ( ok fred davis but thats not really a flyer) I THINK in this format you have to have few injuries and a breakout player or 2 so I doubt I win, but I DO think I will be in contention. Thanks for the interesting draft guys. Lets play some football !!! :football: :football:

We made - good job all round.

When we catch our breath lets start reflecting on our draft approach and how it panned out (or didnt...)

Enjoy kickoff tonite! :football:

I added 5 names to my 18th round predraft and I was sure I would get the top 2 or 3... instead I got the fifth name. I guess that's the difference between a guppy league and a FBG league. Let's get it on! Good luck and enjoy the opener, should be a good one. :suds:

A couple of teams scored an F on sticking to the roster requirements, so I went ahead and corrected them and replaced the picks that should never have been made. Those owners have seen been killed via firing squad. So we should be all good heading forward. Consider League 4 a 14 team league now. Carry on.

So is it safe to say we all survive week 1?

Of course my preference is that those 2 teams count as eliminations for Week 5.... as I didn't take enough time on the rules and week 5 is probably my nemesis this year.

Stinkin' Ref:

Draft Slot: 6

Pre draft attitude: Wanted to focus on QB and TE with the thought of going with 3 solid TE's like I did in Anarchy 3 and try to get guys at both QB and TE that might make playoffs. And then just fill in RB/WR as best I could.

1.06 Eagles, Philadelphia PHI TMQB

13.06 Titans, Tennessee TEN TMQB

Like this combo a bunch, think Hass in TEN was a little underrated. Should have a playoff contender in Philly. Wanted either NE/GB/PHI and felt lucky to get one of the three at the 6th spot. Hopefully the explosiveness in PHI covers any turds laid in TEN. Liked getting TEN where I did however.

5.06 Best, Jahvid DET RB

6.11 Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB

9.06 McGahee, Willis DEN RB

12.11 Sproles, Darren NOS RB

18.11 Ward, Derrick HOU RB

Let's see what happens tonight with McGahee and BJGE but I like this group. Decent shot at most (4) of these guys being in the playoffs. May not have huge weeks here, but over the season I think they all will produce. With not taking a RB until round 5 this could have been worse. Best/BJGE should be okay and I thought I got some pretty good value with McGahee and especially Sproles. The Ward pick could be boom or bust after all is said and done.

2.11 Jackson, Vincent SDC WR

7.06 Smith, Steve CAR WR

8.11 Burleson, Nate DET WR

11.06 Branch, Deion NEP WR

17.06 Massaquoi, Mohamed CLE WR (P)

Will have to wait and see here. May be the weak link of my team but it could be worse. If Smith can have a decent year I feel good about the top 2 and I think Burleson is going to have a big year which makes him a decent WR3. Not sure how Branch's role will play out, but he and Brady seem to click. Massaquoi was a late gamble with a "starting" WR on an up and coming offense. I liked getting Smith/Burleson in 7/8 as it seemed like some value.

3.06 Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

4.11 Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

With 2 PPR the plan was to get three studs and get them early. I think I completed 2/3 of the plan and it will have to be enough. Had no problem going TE in the third/fourth in this format. I was concerned that I would really be behind the field at other positions with this strategy and taking 2 TE in the first 4 picks, but I think it worked out okay. Whenever it came time to get the third, I just couldn't do it and eventually the TE pool dried up. Had needs elsewhere. I'm on the Graham train and I could have two playoff TE's here. As it is I love these two. The plan was for Evan Moore to be my third TE, but Inch by Inch jumped on him way earlier than I thought he would go (11.12). Not saying that was a bad pick at all, cause in this format I think he will have a good year, it just threw a wrench in my plan as I thought he would slip a little further than that.

15.06 Prater, Matt DEN PK

16.11 Succop, Ryan KCC PK

Two young guys with job security and able to get them fairly late. Some questions surrounding some of the other PK jobs, so while I wanted to wait another round or so here it seemed like the safe play at the time.

10.11 Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def

14.11 Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def

Felt I have one of the better defensive groups. Didn't really want to pull the trigger on DAL when I did, but seemed like the play at the time. I think BAL could be one of the top DST this year as they added Smith which seemed to address a hole. Also I really like BAL and PIT DST this year as they both have nice schedules (NFC WEST).

Overall: I think if I can get some production from Branch and Massaquoi I could be okay.

:banned:

Moving on up! But then I can only go up from where I was... I guess this should have been obvious, but injuries are either my best friend or my worst enemy in this league format. So far the fantasy gods are kind to me. I want to thank Stinkin Ref for the awesome logo that keeps me from opening the league page at work. :thumbup: Speaking of logos, wtf is that Maggot Brain, some album cover?

Moving on up! But then I can only go up from where I was... I guess this should have been obvious, but injuries are either my best friend or my worst enemy in this league format. So far the fantasy gods are kind to me. I want to thank Stinkin Ref for the awesome logo that keeps me from opening the league page at work. :thumbup: Speaking of logos, wtf is that Maggot Brain, some album cover?
then you better not check out the one I have in League 3...... :eek: ....if you need me to change the one in 4...I will...so that you can open at work.....don't want to cause any trouble....do we get any bonus points for best league logo....?.....

'Stinkin Ref said:
then you better not check out the one I have in League 3...... :eek: ....if you need me to change the one in 4...I will...so that you can open at work.....don't want to cause any trouble....

do we get any bonus points for best league logo....?.....
no worries, please don't take it off... :pics:

Users who are viewing this thread