What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andrew Luck..... Love fest inside.... (1 Viewer)

He's only trying to emulate his hero:

Code:
Rk 		        Year 	Age 	Draft 	Tm 	Lg 	G 	GS 	Cmp 	Att 	Cmp% 	Yds 	TD 	Int 	Int% 	Rate 	Sk 	Y/A 	Yds 	AY/A 	ANY/A 	Y/G 	W 	L 	T1 	Andrew Luck 	2015 	26 	1-1 	IND 	NFL 	5 	5 	118 	210 	56.19 	1398 	11 	9 	4.29 	76.3 	12 	6.66 	73 	5.78 	5.14 	279.6 	1 	4 	02 	Peyton Manning 	2015 	39 	1-1 	DEN 	NFL 	6 	6 	146 	237 	61.60 	1524 	7 	10 	4.22 	72.5 	12 	6.43 	79 	5.12 	4.56 	254.0 	6 	0 	0
Sorted by highest INT% in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved him for Stafford and Evans before last week. He just did not look right in the NE game. The numbers were there in that one, and he led a comeback against NO, but he's not the set it and forget it stud I expected to have.

I am in a league you can flex a QB. Normally I always play a 2nd QB. This week I am actually thinking of starting Evans in place of him.

Anyone considering benching him this week @ Carolina? What kind of replacement player would it take to do that for you?
Done. I'm benching him for Winston. Bad matchup for Indy on the road.

TB will likely get slaughtered in Atl and I see some garbage points for Winston.

Anyone considering benching him this week @ Carolina? What kind of replacement player would it take to do that for you?
Benching him for Dalton.ETA: I'm sure I'll get Andy Dalton'd from this move, but it seems safer/higher upside.

patriots colts should be ashamed! they should lose a 1st round pick and be fined for cheating. such a pathetic thing to do and a total disgrace to the game!!!

So the Colts don't need to report for weeks that their starting quarterback has cracked ribs? I though there were rules about reporting injuries?

Buy low. If he keeps it going like he did near the end of the panthers game, it's gonna be a nice finish.

Upset special next week, Colts win.

Deamon said:
Buy low. If he keeps it going like he did near the end of the panthers game, it's gonna be a nice finish.

I dunno. Colts have a leaky offensive line. Broncos have given up 5 TDs all year through the air.

average QB performance vs Broncos so far is 199 passing yards and .7 TDs.

Lucks' ceiling is probably 280/2. I'd say 200/1/3 is more likely. Don't want to make this into a WDIS, but I'm seriously considering plugging in Bortles, even against the Jets, over Luck.

Deamon said:

I dunno. Colts have a leaky offensive line. Broncos have given up 5 TDs all year through the air.

average QB performance vs Broncos so far is 199 passing yards and .7 TDs.

Lucks' ceiling is probably 280/2. I'd say 200/1/3 is more likely. Don't want to make this into a WDIS, but I'm seriously considering plugging in Bortles, even against the Jets, over Luck.
I have the same situation. Honestly Bortles scares me more than Luck this week though... Jet defense was embarrassed last week... will be looking to make a statement this week.

Not that Luck is getting a dream match-up this week.

In leagues I am in where folks have already set their lineups, I have not seen one single owner start Luck this week against Denver.

In leagues I am in where folks have already set their lineups, I have not seen one single owner start Luck this week against Denver.
Contemplating going Cutler over Luck
Ditto, except I'm not contemplating. It's a done deal. Did you see what the Donkeys D did to Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay?
I'm contemplating because I would have to find someone to drop, which isn't easy with bye weeks at the moment. Hoping I can swing a trade instead.

How about this as a Luck owner. I am really contemplating dropping flacco (bye) and picking up Winston to start him over luck. Is that crazy?

How about this as a Luck owner. I am really contemplating dropping flacco (bye) and picking up Winston to start him over luck. Is that crazy?
Nope, not crazy at all. Winston has been coming on recently.

Still without VJax and ASJ, but he's holding his own and when he gets those two back, I think he'll be even more useful to you.

Ditto, except I'm not contemplating. It's a done deal. Did you see what the Donkeys D did to Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay?
I'm contemplating because I would have to find someone to drop, which isn't easy with bye weeks at the moment. Hoping I can swing a trade instead.
Ahhhh....completely understand. Had to figure out who I could afford to cut myself. Luckily I had Orleans Darkwa to cut.

Starting Winston over Luck, in what is essentially, at this point in time, a must win for me... fighting for a payoff spot.

DEN's def is too nasty.... Though something in the back of my mind says "it's luck".... and the new OC always brings some freshness back into the O... but.

Palmer on Bye, couldnt be at a worse time

Hilton no practice, he was in a boot after the game Monday. Things looking even worse for Luck Sunday.

Deamon said:

"If he keeps it going", by which you mean, keeps hitting defenders in both hands with passes in critical situations? The game should never have gone to OT.

So this week is tough.....what about rest of the season? Thinking about trading for him and his nice playoff schedule.

So this week is tough.....what about rest of the season? Thinking about trading for him and his nice playoff schedule.
If your league doesn't penalize heavily for turnovers then go for it...they aren't going to bench him

I was tempted to roll with him because he's the king of garbage time but I don't expect Hilton to play and that's a killer for me.

Rolling the dice from the WW with Mariota vs NO. with minimal confidence.

I know Luck's Schedule after the bye looks good but is there reason to be confident he'll stop throwing to the other team?

I have been giving serious thought to try to move him before my trading deadline next week.

I know Luck's Schedule after the bye looks good but is there reason to be confident he'll stop throwing to the other team?

I have been giving serious thought to try to move him before my trading deadline next week.
He's thrown picks and that's hurt his FF bottomline but even then, he's put up pretty good numbers. Why bail on him now when the gettin should be good down the road? Do you really expect value right now?

IMO, lot of people are going to regret moving him for pennies right now (or next week after this game vs. Denver w/o T.Y.). Things will really start shaping up next week as Chuds fully gets into the flow. Luck will indeed return to his 300+ and 2.5 TD's / week form soon enough.

Few weeks ago I looked at every QB who faced Denver this year, and all of them had their fewest fantasy points that week. I'd bet it's still the case.

Superflex league I'm starting Carr, and either flexing in Reuben Randle, ASJ or D. Inman for Luck. Not a great selection but a negative number for Luck wouldn't shock me.

same boat here. This is the only matchup (vs DEN) that I'm really considering benching Luck over. so far I've been willing to tolerate his usual 1Q stat line of 1/3, -1 yds, 1 INT because of his 4Q heroics, but I am highly skeptical of him pulling it off vs DEN. Cutler seems the best WW option, or Cousins getting some garbage time points vs NE.

Yesterday I acquired Luck in a redraft league as part of a multi-player deal. This is the first time I've owned him in any league since his rookie year. I figured he was worth a roll of the dice given his post-BYE schedule. IF TY HIlton has dreaded lisfranc, guess I made a very bad trade as Luck would have no deep target to stretch the field.

I moved him for Stafford and Evans before last week. He just did not look right in the NE game. The numbers were there in that one, and he led a comeback against NO, but he's not the set it and forget it stud I expected to have.
I think one of these weeks he's going to burn owners, he can't keep doing those garbage time comebacks, one day a defense is just going to keep hammering him until the end.

Willie Neslon said:
Benching him for Cutler and can't believe it.
Benching him for Fitzpatrick :bag:
I was in a similar situation when I was thinking Marriota coming back from injury. I backed away from the ledge and I suggest you do the same. At least you will get 4 quarters from Luck.
Currently have Mariota in my lineup. If Weeden can go 246/1/0 against the Saints I feel comfortable with my chances with Mariota.

Willie Neslon said:
Benching him for Cutler and can't believe it.
Benching him for Fitzpatrick :bag:
I was in a similar situation when I was thinking Marriota coming back from injury. I backed away from the ledge and I suggest you do the same. At least you will get 4 quarters from Luck.
Currently have Mariota in my lineup. If Weeden can go 246/1/0 against the Saints I feel comfortable with my chances with Mariota.
I started to fall for the idea of the NO matchup but the more I thought about it, (no Wright, injury concerns, bad OL), the more I felt Tenn. is going to play it really safe with their franchise QB. They will shorten the game by trying to run as much as possible.

Great job to those who stuck with Marriota. I talked myself out of it and I'll probably lose because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread