What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andrew Luck signs biggest contract in NFL history (1 Viewer)

I'm not saying wilson isn't a good qb.  I just think that if wilson doesn't complete that lucky pass vs. NE or some of the other passes in key wins (like the packer hail mary) this conversation isn't even happening. 

Like Luck, Wilson has looked very ugly in a lot of games.  Do i think either of them are bad...of course not.  Do i think they are having some growing pains, absolutely.  Do i know which one is better at this point...probably not, although i lean luck because he is their offence.
It sure sounds like you are saying Wilson isn't good or at least in Luck's class.  " if it wasn't for lucky passes we wouldn't be having this conversation "

It sure sounds like you are saying Wilson isn't good or at least in Luck's class.  " if it wasn't for lucky passes we wouldn't be having this conversation "

I don't think it does at all.  In fact I say right out 'I'm not saying wilson isn't a good qb'.  He definitely is.  But when this conversation happens anywhere it eventually turns to Wilson having won the super bowl and doing so well in the playoffs.  My argument is just that I'm not sure that can be considered because I think a good D and a little luck helped him out.  

I think they are both great qbs and arguing who is better is futile at this point.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it is futile. By just any measure, Wilson has been better than Luck, and arguing for Luck right now just seems like fighting a losing battle.  Taking team success out of it and just looking at their individual performances, Wilson has been far and away the better QB.

TD-INT ratio:

Wilson 106-34

Luck 101-55

YPA:

Wilson 8.1

Luck 7.0

Passer rating:

Wilson 101.8

Luck 85.0 

Completion Percentage:

Wilson 64.7

Luck 58.1

Rushing yards and touchdowns :

Wilson 2,430 / 12

Luck 1,101 / 12

I don't think it does at all.  In fact I say right out 'I'm not saying wilson isn't a good qb'.  He definitely is.  But when this conversation happens anywhere it eventually turns to Wilson having won the super bowl and doing so well in the playoffs.  My argument is just that I'm not sure that can be considered because I think a good D and a little luck helped him out.  

I think they are both great qbs and arguing who is better is futile at this point.  
Are you choosing to ignore the playoffs for Wilson because of the luck and defense or because you don't want anyone to look at Luck's playoff numbers?

Are you choosing to ignore the playoffs for Wilson because of the luck and defense or because you don't want anyone to look at Luck's playoff numbers?
It's been beaten to death in this thread but Luck is on a far worse team so those comparisons are meaningless especially in the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread