What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Angelo Crowell (1 Viewer)

What limited info I have found on him...

Was a Special Teams player. Moved to replace T Spikes when he went down. Posted 4 Tackles and 2 Assists in the 40 or so minutes of playing time. He also had 1 Tackle & 2 Assists plus a FF on Special Teams vs ATL.

Does not have the motor Spikes does, but has the speed and ability to play the position. Will not cause the Buf Def much drop in Team Def level. Good coverage skills, but can get stuck on blockers.

Physicals: 6'1" 235 lb OLB from Univ of Virginia, Was drafted 3rd Round (#94) by Buffalo

If I find more, I will share.....

I am a Spikes owner too!

EDIT TO ADD SOME INFO:

Found the Profootball Review on him from 2003 Draft Preview

Was 2nd team All ACC in 2001 - 144 Tackles, 10 for loss, 4 sacks,4 PD, 2 Int

In 2002, Def was "made for him" as a senior - 154 tackles, 10+ tackles in 11 of 14 games, 3 sacks, 4 FF, 2 FR

Showed good instincts and versatility at Senior Bowl.

Timed Combine at 4.74

Positives: Great motor, runs and chases; Tough hard-nosed, instictive and productive, especially between the tackles. More quick than fast. Very good Football intelligence. Broad, thick frame with 10" hands. Good reading keys and diagnosing. Strong tackler who has hip explosion and quick-twitch. Very competitive. Good blitzer. Can move laterally and uses hands well to shed. Big hitter.

Negative: Not natural in coverage. lacks good height and timed speed. Does not take on blockers well. Lacks long speed.

Summary Questionable size in the middle, but may have the speed to play "Will" at the next level.

Last edited by a moderator:
I grabbed him this week to fill in for Spikes. I'm hoping I don't have to use him, but if Witherspoon's still out, I'll have to.

I grabbed him this week to fill in for Spikes. I'm hoping I don't have to use him, but if Witherspoon's still out, I'll have to.

Users who are viewing this thread