What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (5 Viewers)

lod01 said:
Todd Andrews said:
Cops attacking white people, no deaths. No meat for the media.
OK, so wtf am I missing here? I counted 7 times that this punk was asked to leave the vehicle before he was maced, and then another 8 times before he was tazed, then another 7 times before he was finally physically pulled from the car. On what planet do punks now have the right to disobey a cop's clear, reasonable request to simply get out of the car 22 times? This video is actually perfect evidence showing the crap cops have to put up with on a daily basis, why it's a completely thankless job, and the extreme levels of stress they have to deal with.

This is a classic case of the inmates running the asylum. Guess what - you don't now have the right to disobey the police. You don't get to tell them the terms and conditions upon which you will exit a vehicle. The two punks got exactly what they deserved in that video. Cops shouldn't have tried to delete the video. They actually should have confiscated the phone and turned it in as evidence against them.
They were pulled over for a broken license plate light....a broken license plate light....the kid said he was a minor and wanted to wait for his mom before getting out of the car and then said he would get out after he was pepper sprayed. But apparently he wasnt moving fast enough and was tazed.

It is nice when you badge lickers come out so clearly.
Badge licker? Cool. Can I call you punk lover now?

It doesn't matter what they were pulled over for. The officer smelled pot in the car and that is why they were being detained. And just because the girl says it ain't so doesn't mean jack squat.

Are you actually advocating that for every single interaction with people the cops now have to work on the other people's terms? That they have to wait for the kid's mom to show up?

When you crap on other people and treat them disrespectfully, they tend to crap right back. The lesson here isn't that cops are bad people. The lesson is that you shouldn't be such a tool when a you are pulled over.
You can call me an American lover. And I will call you a an authority sucking, statist, follower, badge licker.

I saw an interview last night with a former chief of police who said that everyone does something driving about every three blocks that could justify getting pulled over by a cop. He said ALL traffic stops are completely discretionary other than the obvious ones where a drunk is flying across lanes or something. And that we all can be pulled over at practically any time by a cop and the officer's reason will almost always be justified. He said these types of stops (broken license plate light--are you kidding me?) are just selective stop and checkouts cops make so they can approach the drivers.

That being said, my primary concern is that I dont think the cops should be pepperspraying and tazing minors because they wont get out of a car and there is no proof anyone has done anything illegal (smell pot..please). You apparently like the cops acting this way. Good for you.
You're not an American lover...You think the patriots of the past would disobey law enforcement. You think they would allow their children to disobey authority figures. #### no.... You sound like you are one of the new breed liberal spoiled brats..."I don't have to comply with law enforcement commands I've got rights".....Your attitude and people with your attitude are part of the reason why this nation is spiraling down the ####ter.

So if an Asian guy has a picture of Jackie Moon, a movie character that is funny but might perpetuate some stereotypes around white people and basketball, in his avatar, you'd view that as racist?
Possibly to a point, it's all a matter of degree. I mean, is the perpetuation of racial stereotypes in itself racist or not? I guess that's my question.

Is me stating that black people love fried chicken racist? I myself love fried chicken and I'm genuinely upset that the closest Popeye's to my house is over 15 miles away. Louisiana style hot sauce on Popeye's fried chicken is a very tough meal to top for me. I used to in Norfolk, and remember driving through an almost exclusively black neighborhood on my way home from work about once a month to go through the Popeye's drive through and being the only white person there. If I were to be in the restaurant and said "man, black people sure love chicken" out loud, I'm sure that statement wouldn't be viewed too kindly by other patrons there. Would it have been wrong? What if instead I used a picture of a black man eating fried chicken as my avatar on some fantasy football themed website as a joke?

lod01 said:
Todd Andrews said:
OK, so wtf am I missing here? I counted 7 times that this punk was asked to leave the vehicle before he was maced, and then another 8 times before he was tazed, then another 7 times before he was finally physically pulled from the car. On what planet do punks now have the right to disobey a cop's clear, reasonable request to simply get out of the car 22 times? This video is actually perfect evidence showing the crap cops have to put up with on a daily basis, why it's a completely thankless job, and the extreme levels of stress they have to deal with.

This is a classic case of the inmates running the asylum. Guess what - you don't now have the right to disobey the police. You don't get to tell them the terms and conditions upon which you will exit a vehicle. The two punks got exactly what they deserved in that video. Cops shouldn't have tried to delete the video. They actually should have confiscated the phone and turned it in as evidence against them.
They were pulled over for a broken license plate light....a broken license plate light....the kid said he was a minor and wanted to wait for his mom before getting out of the car and then said he would get out after he was pepper sprayed. But apparently he wasnt moving fast enough and was tazed.

It doesn't matter what they were pulled over for. The officer smelled pot in the car and that is why they were being detained. And just because the girl says it ain't so doesn't mean jack squat.

Are you actually advocating that for every single interaction with people the cops now have to work on the other people's terms? That they have to wait for the kid's mom to show up?

When you crap on other people and treat them disrespectfully, they tend to crap right back. The lesson here isn't that cops are bad people. The lesson is that you shouldn't be such a tool when a you are pulled over.
You can call me an American lover. And I will call you a an authority sucking, statist, follower, badge licker.

I saw an interview last night with a former chief of police who said that everyone does something driving about every three blocks that could justify getting pulled over by a cop. He said ALL traffic stops are completely discretionary other than the obvious ones where a drunk is flying across lanes or something. And that we all can be pulled over at practically any time by a cop and the officer's reason will almost always be justified. He said these types of stops (broken license plate light--are you kidding me?) are just selective stop and checkouts cops make so they can approach the drivers.

That being said, my primary concern is that I dont think the cops should be pepperspraying and tazing minors because they wont get out of a car and there is no proof anyone has done anything illegal (smell pot..please). You apparently like the cops acting this way. Good for you.
You're not an American lover...You think the patriots of the past would disobey law enforcement. You think they would allow their children to disobey authority figures. #### no.... You sound like you are one of the new breed liberal spoiled brats..."I don't have to comply with law enforcement commands I've got rights".....Your attitude and people with your attitude are part of the reason why this nation is spiraling down the ####ter.
Holy ####### ####.

lod01 said:
Todd Andrews said:

:lmao: :lmao: we fought a ### #### war over law enforcement. You are ### #### right the patriots of the past would disobey law enforcement. This country was founded by people who challenged authority, not kowtowed to the man/king....If they had lost the war, they would have been branded as thugs/terrorists/criminals and hung in public.

:lmao: :lmao: You kooks are a hilarious lot imo

lod01 said:
Todd Andrews said:

lol, right. The patriots of the past worshiped the authority figures of their time. I remember how George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, etc., argued that we had to do what those in authority told us, and how our individual rights were secondary. Your bulb is burning very brightly.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/walter-scott-no-bench-warrant-issued-killed-article-1.2180438

Walter Scott had no warrant for unpaid child support at time of fatal S.C. police shooting

BY Melissa Chan / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS / Friday, April 10, 2015, 9:46 AM

There was no warrant out for South Carolina police shooting victim Walter Scott meaning he would not have been arrested had he not bolted from a traffic stop that resulted in his shooting death.

Scott, a father of four, was almost $7,500 behind in child support at the time he was shot and killed by a police officer Michael Slager. But there was no bench warrant issued for him, the Associated Press revealed Friday, citing court records.
So the guy was really dumb and it cost him his life. WTF did he run?

lod01 said:
Todd Andrews said:
OK, so wtf am I missing here? I counted 7 times that this punk was asked to leave the vehicle before he was maced, and then another 8 times before he was tazed, then another 7 times before he was finally physically pulled from the car. On what planet do punks now have the right to disobey a cop's clear, reasonable request to simply get out of the car 22 times? This video is actually perfect evidence showing the crap cops have to put up with on a daily basis, why it's a completely thankless job, and the extreme levels of stress they have to deal with. This is a classic case of the inmates running the asylum. Guess what - you don't now have the right to disobey the police. You don't get to tell them the terms and conditions upon which you will exit a vehicle. The two punks got exactly what they deserved in that video. Cops shouldn't have tried to delete the video. They actually should have confiscated the phone and turned it in as evidence against them.

Badge licker? Cool. Can I call you punk lover now?It doesn't matter what they were pulled over for. The officer smelled pot in the car and that is why they were being detained. And just because the girl says it ain't so doesn't mean jack squat.

:lmao: :lmao: we fought a ### #### war over law enforcement. You are ### #### right the patriots of the past would disobey law enforcement. This country was founded by people who challenged authority, not kowtowed to the man/king....If they had lost the war, they would have been branded as thugs/terrorists/criminals and hung in public.

You forgot to switch back to your Andrews alias :lol:

For the record, I don't think Pinky or Nerd are racists subconscious or otherwise I just found it ironic that whilst discussing the negative perceptions of black men by the police that they both had black criminals as their avatars.

So if an Asian guy has a picture of Jackie Moon, a movie character that is funny but might perpetuate some stereotypes around white people and basketball, in his avatar, you'd view that as racist?
Possibly to a point, it's all a matter of degree. I mean, is the perpetuation of racial stereotypes in itself racist or not? I guess that's my question.

Is me stating that black people love fried chicken racist? I myself love fried chicken and I'm genuinely upset that the closest Popeye's to my house is over 15 miles away. Louisiana style hot sauce on Popeye's fried chicken is a very tough meal to top for me. I used to in Norfolk, and remember driving through an almost exclusively black neighborhood on my way home from work about once a month to go through the Popeye's drive through and being the only white person there. If I were to be in the restaurant and said "man, black people sure love chicken" out loud, I'm sure that statement wouldn't be viewed too kindly by other patrons there. Would it have been wrong? What if instead I used a picture of a black man eating fried chicken as my avatar on some fantasy football themed website as a joke?
The whole "black people love fried chicken" thing is kinda racist because of the context. Here's the context. That's why it's way worse than saying something like "black people love the NBA," which is probably true but doesn't have the negative connotations of the fried chicken/watermelon thing.

lod01 said:
Todd Andrews said:
OK, so wtf am I missing here? I counted 7 times that this punk was asked to leave the vehicle before he was maced, and then another 8 times before he was tazed, then another 7 times before he was finally physically pulled from the car. On what planet do punks now have the right to disobey a cop's clear, reasonable request to simply get out of the car 22 times? This video is actually perfect evidence showing the crap cops have to put up with on a daily basis, why it's a completely thankless job, and the extreme levels of stress they have to deal with. This is a classic case of the inmates running the asylum. Guess what - you don't now have the right to disobey the police. You don't get to tell them the terms and conditions upon which you will exit a vehicle. The two punks got exactly what they deserved in that video. Cops shouldn't have tried to delete the video. They actually should have confiscated the phone and turned it in as evidence against them.

Badge licker? Cool. Can I call you punk lover now?It doesn't matter what they were pulled over for. The officer smelled pot in the car and that is why they were being detained. And just because the girl says it ain't so doesn't mean jack squat.

You forgot to switch back to your Andrews alias :lol:
sshhhh....

As for your examples/questions- who knows? Whether any thing is racist or sexist or whatever depends on context- what you're trying to say when you say or do something.
\

For the life of me I don't understand why people don't get the concept of context. You know how you can call your significant other by a cute name but I can't call him/her by that name? Or how a comedian can crack a joke about the dumb ##### he met last night during a standup show but a politician can't do it during a debate? That's context. It's really a simple concept.
Couldn't agree more. That's why I feel that the context of the UVA student a few weeks back was that not of race at all, which was perpetuated by the media - but rather of a government agency run amok.

Or of the video posted above of the "attempted deleted video" of a "I'm a 17 year old" being assaulted by a police officer - he was a smart *** kid talking back to a police officer who initially was very cordial to him, when he had a considerable amount of a controlled substance on him. He couldn't just have gotten out of the car when politely instructed to?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/walter-scott-no-bench-warrant-issued-killed-article-1.2180438

Walter Scott had no warrant for unpaid child support at time of fatal S.C. police shooting

BY Melissa Chan / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS / Friday, April 10, 2015, 9:46 AM

There was no warrant out for South Carolina police shooting victim Walter Scott meaning he would not have been arrested had he not bolted from a traffic stop that resulted in his shooting death.

Scott, a father of four, was almost $7,500 behind in child support at the time he was shot and killed by a police officer Michael Slager. But there was no bench warrant issued for him, the Associated Press revealed Friday, citing court records.
So the guy was really dumb and it cost him his life. WTF did he run?
I am pretty sure the cop shooting an unarmed man running from him is what cost him his life

lod01 said:
Todd Andrews said:

lol, right. The patriots of the past worshiped the authority figures of their time. I remember how George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, etc., argued that we had to do what those in authority told us, and how our individual rights were secondary. Your bulb is burning very brightly.
Yep and I'm sure all of the soldiers who fought in World War II allowed their children to be disobedient to authority and told them they didn't have to follow the rules and laws of America. Your bulb is burnt out.

Yep and I'm sure all of the soldiers who fought in World War II allowed their children to be disobedient to authority and told them they didn't have to follow the rules and laws of America. Your bulb is burnt out.
I knew you liked Ike, for some reason. Just a hunch.

The way I'd see it, saying "black people like fried chicken" would be racist. Now, is it highly offensive and worth people putting up a fuss about? Absolutely not. But its racist.

However, if you said "Dave Chapelle in his show said that black people like fried chicken", that would not be racist (if you aren't saying it in a mean way), because you are quoting someone who is making fun of himself. That's the difference between what Blinky is doing and your example.

The whole "black people love fried chicken" thing is kinda racist because of the context. Here's the context. That's why it's way worse than saying something like "black people love the NBA," which is probably true but doesn't have the negative connotations of the fried chicken/watermelon thing.
I don't mean for there to be any negative connotation at all. I'm just noting that a semi-national fried chicken chain decided to open a restaurant in a neighborhood that is nearly 100% black, so whenever I stopped there on my way home on a Friday I was the only non-black in the establishment. That's my context - and apparently it's "kinda racist" because of something totally different. I remember visiting my college buddies after college when they lived in DC (working on the Hill) and we wanted to get some Popeye's chicken on a Saturday morning so we could eat it while watching an afternoon of college football - and all the places in DC had little to no seating and all had "bulletproof" glass. Was it racist by the franchise to have opened in the neighborhoods that they did, or that they installed "bulletproof" glass? Were they perpetuating racial stereotypes, or were they making smart business decisions?

PinkydaPimp said:
Hang 10 said:
Unconscious racism like say having a black pimp as your avatar or maybe a black guy with a gun? You know, reinforcing those negative stereotypes. :P
:shrug:

My name is a nod to a hilarious character from the movie Friday. Is it a negative stereotype? Sure. Now if i had never met a black person, and assumed based on that movie(or my profile) all black people were pimps that carry guns and ride in pink limos and discriminated against them(maybe not rent them an apt for fear they will bring their ho's) based on that, it would be unconscious racism.

ETA: for reference
But since you have met a black person, the racism here is conscious?
Not sure I get what you're saying here. Please, tell me more about Pinky's "conscious racism" as evidenced by his use of a black movie character in his avatar.
He admits that his avatar is in fact a negative stereotype of a race. I understand that he's being funny about it, but he's still knowingly perpetuating a negative stereotype for a laugh. How's that any different from making a joke about Asians not being able to drive, Jewish people being cheap, or white people having no athletic ability (and so on)? Those are also all negative racial stereotypes, are they not? As such, are they not all racist to some degree?
I wouldnt say they are racist. But they are stereotypes. Stereotypes are going to found everywhere. We see them in movies all the time, in commercials, in music videos, the news. Are you saying the movie Friday is racist? Is that actor racist for playing the part? Its only when you act on a stereotype or discriminate based on that when it turns to being racist.

IMO we need to get to a point when people of different races, socio econimic status, religion interact enough that people do not have to base their perception of a person on these stereotypes.
How is a racial stereotype NOT racist? Didn't Tobias conclude for many of us in another thread that assuming or suggesting differences between races other than physical one, is the very definition of racism? It's all a matter of degree, right?
You seem very confused .I said that claiming there are inherent differences other than physical ones, as the word "inherent" is usually defined, is racism. Obviously cultural differences starting at birth create all sort of differences between various races and ethnicities. Please don't claim try to tell people what I think or said and then totally mangle it. It's a pretty dooshy move. TIA.
Yes, I am confused, genuinely. I'm honestly trying to find the line of what's ok and what isn't, and yes, I am using your prior examples/explinations in an effort to help accomplish that. I'm sorry if using your prior statement, which I wasn't trying to mangle, to accomplish this task is dooshy - I was suggesting you might be someone knowledgeable on the topic. "Society" and "the media" always seem to bring up examples of what is racist, and I'm just trying to figure out what should be and shouldn't be.

As I'm sure you know, or have deduced by this point in our conversations here, I'm a white guy in my mid 30s. Lets say I used a profile picture of two women in a car accident, or (from an ad I saw recently) of a rich blonde white girl pouring oil over her car's engine because "the low oil light was on". Would either of those be sexist? Again, since I'm not a woman (thus not a part of that group), and I'm making fun of that group, isn't that wrong or at least not "PC"?

Lets say I have a picture of a "good ole' Alabama white boy" sitting on the tailgate of his jacked up Chevy pickup, with a pair of guns hanging from the gun rack in the truck's cab only somewhat visible through the Confederate flag, and a 12 point buck laying dead in the bed of the truck surrounded by a dozen or so empty beer cans? That's a stereotype of men in that area, and maybe not a positive one. Would that be wrong?
As far as your confusion- you didn't just make a minor mistake. The "inherent" part of the statement "it is racism if you think the races have inherent differences other than physical ones" was the whole point. It was really weird that you left it off.

As for your examples/questions- who knows? Whether any thing is racist or sexist or whatever depends on context- what you're trying to say when you say or do something.

\

For the life of me I don't understand why people don't get the concept of context. You know how you can call your significant other by a cute name but I can't call him/her by that name? Or how a comedian can crack a joke about the dumb ##### he met last night during a standup show but a politician can't do it during a debate? That's context. It's really a simple concept.
I'll tell you why people don't get the concept of context - because it's a moving target. And it is occasionally used as a weapon. Once again, I bring up the teacher in Chicago who was suspended for using the n-word as a teaching exercise to show his predominantly black class why the term was so offensive. http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-politics/7/71/473030/judge-throws-lawsuit-white-teacher-suspended-using-n-word

How can you blame white people for being confused in this area? Your continued assertion that this is a "simple concept" shows a little bit of a blind spot.

The way I'd see it, saying "black people like fried chicken" would be racist. Now, is it highly offensive and worth people putting up a fuss about? Absolutely not. But its racist.

However, if you said "Dave Chapelle in his show said that black people like fried chicken", that would not be racist (if you aren't saying it in a mean way), because you are quoting someone who is making fun of himself. That's the difference between what Blinky is doing and your example.
So then you're saying blinky is black? I don't know if he is or isn't.

Also, blacks are the only races that Chapelle made fun of. So in those examples you can't say "someone who is making fun of himself."

So we've come to the conclusion that I couldn't/shouldn't use a profile picture of Eddie Murphy eating chicken in the movie "The Nutty Professor" (great scene by the way), but I could use the white guy from "My Cousin Vinny" who eats all the meat off a drumstick in one bite?

As far as your confusion- you didn't just make a minor mistake. The "inherent" part of the statement "it is racism if you think the races have inherent differences other than physical ones" was the whole point. It was really weird that you left it off.

\

I'll tell you why people don't get the concept of context - because it's a moving target. And it is occasionally used as a weapon. Once again, I bring up the teacher in Chicago who was suspended for using the n-word as a teaching exercise to show his predominantly black class why the term was so offensive. http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-politics/7/71/473030/judge-throws-lawsuit-white-teacher-suspended-using-n-word

How can you blame white people for being confused in this area? Your continued assertion that this is a "simple concept" shows a little bit of a blind spot.
No, I said the concept is a basic one. I understand that the actual lines are occasionally difficult to grasp.

Personally, I generally avoid trouble by staying far enough away from the line when it comes to other races, ethnicities, etc. that I don't have to worry about it. If you want to walk that line, that's up to you. And if you feel like someone has wrongly accused someone else of crossing it, feel free to question their accusations.

But don't tell me you don't get why black rappers can use the n-word but a white guy on a fantasy football message board can't, or why gay men can refer to their friends as a bunch of queers but straight guys in a bar can't refer to a group of gay men that way, or that you don't understand why it's racist to say black people love fried chicken and watermelon but not racist to say they love the NBA. That's total ignorance of the entire concept of context, not just ignorance of where the lines are drawn .

\

No, I said the concept is a basic one. I understand that the actual lines are occasionally difficult to grasp.

Personally, I generally avoid trouble by staying far enough away from the line when it comes to other races, ethnicities, etc. that I don't have to worry about it. If you want to walk that line, that's up to you. And if you feel like someone has wrongly accused someone else of crossing it, feel free to question their accusations.

But don't tell me you don't get why black rappers can use the n-word but a white guy on a fantasy football message board can't, or why gay men can refer to their friends as a bunch of queers but straight guys in a bar can't refer to a group of gay men that way, or that you don't understand why it's racist to say black people love fried chicken and watermelon but not racist to say they love the NBA. That's total ignorance of the entire concept of context, not just ignorance of where the lines are drawn .
I still insist that when almost all radical universities are using the word "queer," it's actually the correct term.

Saying "the queers," or "you queer," or "check out that bunch of queers" is different than using the term as an identification.

And that might be General Tso's point. That's quite the moving target, and quite the ambiguous concept.

Your point is also taken.

\

I actually like what you said about avoiding the lines altogether, and I've learned the hard way over the years that this is the prudent course of action.

But I'm interested, can you tell me why it is ok for black rappers to use the n-word? Or why it's not ok for a white person to say, in a matter of fact manner, that black people like fried chicken? Not trolling - genuinely interested in your thoughts on this.

\

I actually like what you said about avoiding the lines altogether, and I've learned the hard way over the years that this is the prudent course of action.

But I'm interested, can you tell me why it is ok for black rappers to use the n-word? Or why it's not ok for a white person to say, in a matter of fact manner, that black people like fried chicken? Not trolling - genuinely interested in your thoughts on this.
It is much too close to lunch time for you all to continually talk about fried chicken. Please stop.

\

It is much too close to lunch time for you all to continually talk about fried chicken. Please stop.
I didn't know you were black?

\

:lmao: No ####. Ever since mattyl started waxing poetically about it that's all I can think of.

I have an Italian sub for lunch.. why is it called an Italian? because there is oil on it? Is the sandwich shop insinuating all Italians are oily???

damn racist bastids.. I'm hungry

\

Only when it comes to food and penis size.

\

Well, obviously I'm not the arbiter of what is and isn't racist based on context. Context is established collectively. All I can do is tell you why I can tell you why I think those things, and why most other people think them too.

The rappers using the n-word thing is a reclamation thing, where a minority takes a slur and uses it among themselves as a term of familiarity or endearment. Pretty common thing, you also see it with gays using queer (or even "f----t") to refer to themselves. Lots of other minorities do it, or at least they're not that upset when others do it. I'm Jewish and if I called another Jewish person who know I was Jewish a "****" it would go over much differently than if a non-Jewish stranger did it. That's how slurs have always worked.

The fried chicken thing is in a previous link- there's a history tied to it being slave food in the south and its depiction in "Birth of a Nation."

\

Well, obviously I'm not the arbiter of what is and isn't racist based on context. Context is established collectively. All I can do is tell you why I can tell you why I think those things, and why most other people think them too.

The rappers using the n-word thing is a reclamation thing, where a minority takes a slur and uses it among themselves as a term of familiarity or endearment. Pretty common thing, you also see it with gays using queer (or even "f----t") to refer to themselves. Lots of other minorities do it, or at least they're not that upset when others do it. I'm Jewish and if I called another Jewish person who know I was Jewish a "****" it would go over much differently than if a non-Jewish stranger did it. That's how slurs have always worked.

The fried chicken thing is in a previous link- there's a history tied to it being slave food in the south and its depiction in "Birth of a Nation."
What if I(a whiteboy) like rap music and call my white friends ##### or #####z? With emphasis on the "a" and not an "er". Raycess or not?

So then you're saying blinky is black? I don't know if he is or isn't.

Also, blacks are the only races that Chapelle made fun of. So in those examples you can't say "someone who is making fun of himself."

So we've come to the conclusion that I couldn't/shouldn't use a profile picture of Eddie Murphy eating chicken in the movie "The Nutty Professor" (great scene by the way), but I could use the white guy from "My Cousin Vinny" who eats all the meat off a drumstick in one bite?
uhh..no? I'm saying Blinky is quoting someone making fun of himself. I have no idea what race Blinky is.

And if you are quoting Chapelle or whoever else making fun of other races, that can be racist. Again, is it worth an uproar? 99% of the time, it isn't, because there's no malicious intent in it.

\

:lmao:

I doubt it would happen, but can you imagine if this guy does get acquitted for some reason? I think it would be Rodney King 2.0, except it would be in many cities, not just Los Angeles.

\

What if I(a whiteboy) like rap music and call my white friends ##### or #####z? With emphasis on the "a" and not an "er". Raycess or not?
I personally wouldn't do it, but feel free to try it next time you and your friends are out in public and let me know how it goes.

\

Raycess, no. Bad idea? Probably.

So then franchises like Churches and Popeyes opening their restaurants in mostly black neighborhoods is perpetuating racism? Honest question. Or is it a smart financial move because their product is actually consumed more by that race on average?

\

I personally wouldn't do it, but feel free to try it next time you and your friends are out in public and let me know how it goes.
I didn't say public. But I generally understand that things I'd say to my friends in our houses, the gym, etc are not things I'd around people that might not understand the context.

Same question, with the clarification of being at someone's private residence.

Users who are viewing this thread