What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Answer my lineup question and I'll answer yours (1 Viewer)

hadji

Footballguy
I've had the worst luck this year.  Despite having these 3 WRs, I've made the wrong call every week and I'm 0-3 in desperate need for a win.  Standard League but 1 pt per 20 yards receiving and 4 pt bonus for 50 yd+ TDs.  Also 3 pt bonus for 100 yds receiving, 4pt bonus for 200 yds receiving and 3pts bonus for 8+ receptions.  No flex so I have to pick 2 of the following 3 WRs:

A. Brown vs KC, AJ Green vs Mia, M Jones vs Chi

Footballguys has Brown #1, Green #3 and Jones #4.  Brown will be matched up against KC's Peters so it's obviously the worst matchup while both Green and Jones have great matchups but do I really bench Antonio Brown??  

Answer mine and I'll answer yours.  

Under no circumstances do I ever sit AB. I don't care who he is facing. AJ Green and Marvin both have good matchups. I'd go with the hot hand and start Marvin though.

You start Antonio Brown regardless of matchup and the return of LeVeon Bell only helps him open up the field a bit more. I would go with Marvin Jones slightly over A.J. Green. It's hard to predict game flow considering the Bears and Dolphins offenses as each could get behind early and Cincinnati goes with Jeremy Hill early and often tonight. Marvin Jones is playing great and I would go with his momentum right now.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/748878-is-it-worth-it-making-an-offer-for-odell-beckham-whir/

Marvin Jones as your WR3 is great for filling in those two bye weeks, but it's way too much WR value just sitting on the bench.  I'd look to trade one of them for whoever offers you the most in return. 

No way do I sit Brown though.  When you draft a guy as the #1 WR in fantasy (probably the #1 pick of the draft), you do it with the understanding that it doesn't matter if he's lined up against Deion Sanders AND Revis from a couple years ago, you don't sit him.  If he is affected that much by bad matchups, then he's not a consensus #1 pick.  

I'd have to sit Green and roll with the hot Jones in a good matchup for him. 

Users who are viewing this thread