What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any FBG's been to Dubai? (1 Viewer)

Senor Schmutzig

Footballguy
I'm heading to Dubai in May for a conference and have three hotel options that I can stay at:

Atlantis The Royal
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
Jumeirah Al Naseem

Any recommendations? They are all 5*. I'm just trying to determine if there are any reasons to pick one over the other.

I have a friend who lives there, and she suggested the Jumeirah Naseem as it's designed in the Arabic style versus the others that appear to be more modern.

I'm heading to Dubai in May for a conference and have three hotel options that I can stay at:

Atlantis The Royal
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
Jumeirah Al Naseem

Any recommendations? They are all 5*. I'm just trying to determine if there are any reasons to pick one over the other.

I have a friend who lives there, and she suggested the Jumeirah Naseem as it's designed in the Arabic style versus the others that appear to be more modern.
Went there on my honeymoon almost 20 years ago. I could look into where we stayed near the Burj al Arab.. It was nice. But I'd listen to the local on this one.

Eta... Iirc, it was this one... https://www.jumeirah.com/en/stay/dubai/jumeirah-mina-a-salam

Went there on business about 5 years ago. Stayed at the Oaks IBN Battuta Gate hotel as that is where our client had discounts.

Fun trip although it was hotter that h*** in July.
-Ski Duba
- Burj Kalifa
- excellent gold and diamond park ( out of like 70 stores, Cara was the only busy one)
- nice shopping malls
- internet never works in taxi's 😀
- great selection dates/figs
- every building architect trying to out do everyone else.
- didn't make it to the Burj Jumeirah:
-View at the Palm.
- Train very efficient.
Very clean and modern city.

Atlantis The Royal

I didn't stay at any of these three, but I went to Ossiano at the Atlantis for dinner. We walked around the property and it was unbelievable. Like nothing I've ever seen - really over-the-top lavish and extravagant. The only thing about that one as opposed to others is that it's in its own area a bit separate from everything else. But you probably aren't going to be walking around a bunch anyway, so it likely doesn't matter.

Just don't go during Ramadan, like I did.

Spent two nights there a decade ago. I only remember a few things. The main one was not being able to go out for a drink 🤬. Our hotel served booze at least.

The city was exceptionally clean. The indoor ski hill was hilarious, watching through the glass as parents were zipping their kids into snow suits 😂

The airport bathrooms were also a trip, I wasn’t worldly enough to realize that parts of the world don’t use a toilet.

I can’t speak for the airport bathrooms, but the bathrooms at the Mall of Dubai are incredible. Spacious, clean and like 5 attendants.

I was in Dubai for four Days in December, but didn’t do the beach area where you are. I would love to go back and spend some time in that area.

The Musuem of the Future is kind of meh, but Burj Khalifa was cool.

Users who are viewing this thread