What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any Stud DE/DTs Projected to Come Out Next Year (1 Viewer)

Steel Dillo

Footballguy
Trying to find every week starters at DE/DT has been a major head ache this year.

Any studs projected to come out next year?

I really like Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue. Granted I only saw him play one game, but is a high motor player who is relentless in his pursuit of sacking the QB. He also showed high awareness and did well reading screens and such. Was like a man playing against boys in that game I watched.

DL's and especially DT's are some of the toughest guys to predict. I've about given up on drafting DT's. They have a short shelf life, they come and go year to year and I can usually grab at least a serviceable one worthy of starting as a FA if I hustle early in the year. Mostly, if I have guys who can get 4 tackles per game, and who may get the occasional sack, FF, etc., I feel like I'm solid there. Anything more is gravy. I'm very happy, for example, with Antonio Garey who I picked up on waivers just a few weeks ago after Jonathan Babineaux has been near-invisible.

Glenn Dorsey was supposed to be a world-beater coming out of college. So were Alan Branch and Amobi Okoye. If you land a guy like Kevin Williams or Suh, never give them up. But trying to predict who will be like that for you . . . :thumbup:

DE's can be like this too. Jared Allen was the 125th player drafted. Justin Tuck was the 74th player drafted.

Still, I feel like I have a high enough batting average with DE's (and they're valuable enough, especially the ever-more-rare 4-3 RDE's) that I'll take shots at them. I drafted Mario Williams in the early second round of a 14-team rookie draft in 2006. Still, there are a boatload of Jarvis Moss's and Vernon Gholston's and Gaines Adams' out there. You just never know.

I've been successful getting LBs & DBs of the waiver wire, but just can't seem to land a steady producer on the DL.

I've never spent anything higher than a 3rd round pick (Zealots league dynasty) on a defensive player, but that may have to change with the upcoming draft.

Any opinions on Adrian Clayborn or Allen Bailey?

Both seem to be proto typical 4-3 DEs, but with less teams running the 4-3, they could get stuck as a bad fit in a 3-4.

Users who are viewing this thread