What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone else feel weird watching (1 Viewer)

Chase Stuart

Footballguy
This is hardly Vikings-Giants here.The two newest members of the 16-team NFC are playing in the championship game. Lots of blue out there.Seattle -- joined the NFC in 2002Carolina -- joined the NFC in 1995

The third newest member of the NFC joined all the way back in 1977 -- Tampa Bay. We really have the young bucks going at it today.

Last edited by a moderator:
The third newest member of the NFC joined all the way back in 1997 -- Tampa Bay. We really have the young bucks going at it today.
Tampa has been in the NFC for a long time. They were in the NFC Central w/ Detroit.
I'm guessing that's a typo, he meant to type 1977, since the Bucs were in the AFC West in 1976?

The third newest member of the NFC joined all the way back in 1997 -- Tampa Bay. We really have the young bucks going at it today.
Tampa has been in the NFC for a long time. They were in the NFC Central w/ Detroit.
I'm guessing that's a typo, he meant to type 1977, since the Bucs were in the AFC West in 1976?
Yeah, the Bucs and Seahawks switched following the '76 season.

Yup. Little known fact.

Yup. Little known fact.
I'm wondering why they picked the AFC West and not the Central, if they were going to put Seattle in the NFC West.What's the history of why they were put in the divisions they were put in?

Now that we've got our history lesson out of the way -- this strike anyone else as odd?

The AFC version of this would be a Jacksonville-Houston AFCC game I suppose. Now that would look very weird. ;)

Now that we've got our history lesson out of the way -- this strike anyone else as odd?

The AFC version of this would be a Jacksonville-Houston AFCC game I suppose. Now that would look very weird. ;)
I suppose Tennesee-Houston could be considered the newest matchup...I'm not holding my breath waiting for that game.

Yup. Little known fact.
I'm wondering why they picked the AFC West and not the Central, if they were going to put Seattle in the NFC West.What's the history of why they were put in the divisions they were put in?
I don't know. Guess the AFC West had another open spot. :shrug:

Wouldn't it be either Cleveland-Houston or Baltimore-Houston, depending on whether or not you choose to consider reality or NFL-sanctioned revisionist history to determine which one was the new team?

Wouldn't it be either Cleveland-Houston or Baltimore-Houston, depending on whether or not you choose to consider reality or NFL-sanctioned revisionist history to determine which one was the new team?
Hmm. Good point JJ.I suppose I wouldn't count the Cleveland Browns, because they've been in three AFC Championship games.

The Baltimore Ravens were an expansion team in 1996. The Tennesee Titans were a relocated team in 97/99 (they were the Oilers in 97/98).

I would probably go with the Titans and the Texans as the two youngest AFC franchises, but you could argue the Browns and the Texans are the two newest.

Either way, seeing Carolina-Seattle is just a little weird. ;)

The third newest member of the NFC joined all the way back in 1977 -- Tampa Bay. We really have the young bucks going at it today.
Actually, Seattle entered the same year as Tampa and played their first year in the NFC. Then they went to the AFC, now back to the NFC. So your 2002 Seahawk date needs an asterix.

Users who are viewing this thread