What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3? (1 Viewer)

Got mine coming in the mail today. Otis, or anyone else that might know about the wireless charging thing, what did you use? The Samsung brand battery cover? Are you able to use a case with that? If so, what kind of case?
I got this:

Ultra-thin 0.5mm Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil for Samsung Galaxy Note III 3 N9005 N9500 with Full NFC Support by Fonesalesman http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GFGL0XE/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_LF5btb050RVC0

User a regular cover over it. No problem. Got a couple of the charger units of Amazon also. Love the wireless charging.

Otis said:
Got mine coming in the mail today. Otis, or anyone else that might know about the wireless charging thing, what did you use? The Samsung brand battery cover? Are you able to use a case with that? If so, what kind of case?
I got this:

Ultra-thin 0.5mm Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil for Samsung Galaxy Note III 3 N9005 N9500 with Full NFC Support by Fonesalesman http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GFGL0XE/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_LF5btb050RVC0

User a regular cover over it. No problem. Got a couple of the charger units of Amazon also. Love the wireless charging.
:thumbup:

Recently got the note 3 after my note 2 cracked.

Anyone have an issue of not getting pics in messages or even pictures not showing up in the gallery?

I got this:Ultra-thin 0.5mm Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil for Samsung Galaxy Note III 3 N9005 N9500 with Full NFC Support by Fonesalesman http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GFGL0XE/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_LF5btb050RVC0

I'm looking to get one of these now. Which charging pad did you go with? Any complaints?

One of the ones suggested in the receiver's description had a couple complaints about beeping in the middle of the night. That's not going to work for me.

Just thought I would update after the bump. Returned my phone after 7 days. Would not charge. They tried a couple chargers and the old micros worked but not the new. They gave me a new phone and none of the chargers worked on the new phone. Guys takes new charger out of box and new phone charges.

He didn't feel like dealing with everything so he told me to just keep the new one. Really loving it.

thanks all for the input

I got this:Ultra-thin 0.5mm Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil for Samsung Galaxy Note III 3 N9005 N9500 with Full NFC Support by Fonesalesman http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GFGL0XE/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_LF5btb050RVC0

I'm looking to get one of these now. Which charging pad did you go with? Any complaints?

One of the ones suggested in the receiver's description had a couple complaints about beeping in the middle of the night. That's not going to work for me.
Do some more hunting on Amazon -- there's an updated version of that same pad with the beeps disabled, was released after those complaints.

I'm looking to get one of these now. Which charging pad did you go with? Any complaints?One of the ones suggested in the receiver's description had a couple complaints about beeping in the middle of the night. That's not going to work for me.
Do some more hunting on Amazon -- there's an updated version of that same pad with the beeps disabled, was released after those complaints.
Ahh, I see. I didn't even notice the difference. I was looking right at that one, but it has the exact same comments as the old one, which was confusing.

Thanks!

Works great. I love not having to deal with a cord by the bed at night, and it doesn't change a thing otherwise. Thanks for the recommendation, Otis.

I bought my Note 3 on Super Bowl Sunday and I absolutely love it. I stepped up from a Galaxy Nexus and all I can say is WOW. So far I purchased a tempered glass screen protector, a Spigen Slim Armor case, a Spigen Slim Armor View case, a 64gb micro SD card and an IBolt car dock. I highly recommend this dock. It's somewhat pricey but it's awesome. Check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AOCSFYC/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Next up is a wireless receiver and a couple of charging pads.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my Note 3 on Super Bowl Sunday and I absolutely love it. I stepped up from a Galaxy Nexus and all I can say is WOW. So far I purchased a tempered glass screen protector, a Spigen Slim Armor case, a Spigen Slim Armor View case, a 64gb micro SD card and an IBolt car dock. I highly recommend this dock. It's somewhat pricey but it's awesome. Check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AOCSFYC/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Next up is a wireless receiver and a couple of charging pads.
i have a Verizon tempered glass and a spigen neo hybrid. Not much bulk. :thumbup: it is not a super protective case

Works great. I love not having to deal with a cord by the bed at night, and it doesn't change a thing otherwise. Thanks for the recommendation, Otis.
:hifive:

:goodposting:

Super bad ###

So has anybody on Verizon updated this thing and run into any issues? I got the notification this morning that I can update, but haven't got around to it yet.

Made the switch today to Android. Thought I was on top of the matter; turned iMessage off on my iPad and phone, deleted my phone from the Apple site. Low and behold, I'm not receiving texts from iPhones. This is going to drive me nuts.

Made the switch today to Android. Thought I was on top of the matter; turned iMessage off on my iPad and phone, deleted my phone from the Apple site. Low and behold, I'm not receiving texts from iPhones. This is going to drive me nuts.
I may have documented it in here, not sure. Do some Google searching. Apple made this a major PIA and recently was sued for this. Once I found the solution online it worked fine. But boy was I be glad to be out of their stupid ecosystem after that. Really annoying.

I may have documented it in here, not sure. Do some Google searching. Apple made this a major PIA and recently was sued for this. Once I found the solution online it worked fine. But boy was I be glad to be out of their stupid ecosystem after that. Really annoying.
Yeah I'm just reading over the link you posted back in November, thanks. I'm so disgusted I'm ready to throw my iPad out the window just because it's Apple.

Yeah I'm just reading over the link you posted back in November, thanks. I'm so disgusted I'm ready to throw my iPad out the window just because it's Apple.
I'll buy it for $5 plus shipping. :excited:

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW - I followed the Otis link and it didn't do me any good, but I was on Nexus 5. Call Apple and ask them to take you off iMessage (relatively painless call actually). Then wait 5 to 7 days and eventually things work out.

Users who are viewing this thread