What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (1 Viewer)

I have a feeling that Lacy is going to smash the SF defense in the mouth this weekend. He's going to be too much for the nickel D that they will have to employ on a regular basis.
nickel d or not, how is the GB OL going to handle the SF front?
This is the question that needs asking... and as a Packer homer, the potential answer scares me.

We'll see... it's going to be one hell of a welcome to the league for Bakhtiari.
That's kind of the point. Bruising RB's wear down defenses. If they are going all out to get to Rodgers, then they have to deal stopping that monster, they are going to get gassed. Especially if it's an undersized nickel front. Not saying he's going to get 150 yards or anything, but I don't think it's going to be as simple as many people are saying it will be.

Buffaloes said:
Beerguzzler said:
I have a feeling that Lacy is going to smash the SF defense in the mouth this weekend. He's going to be too much for the nickel D that they will have to employ on a regular basis.
I don't expect a game where the entire football world says "Wow! This is the next big thing" but I can kinda see a scenario similar to what Beerguzzler is saying where he pulls off one of those spin moves or he just finds that small area to get through and he trucks one of those DBs and rips off a highlight play. I think that, in itself, will be enough to get a lot of airplay and it will be talked up because it IS against the Niners and it will feed the fire a bit on Lacy talk.

On my bench for Vereen as RB2. Starting Miles Austin over him in the flex spot as well. I could see a stat line of 63/0

I'm running with him. I think Mac will try to get him his first NFL TD this week. So I'm guaranteed at least 6 pts.
If noting else, you have to figure that if they get a short goal line situation, they might be willing to dial Lacy up and see what he might be able to do for them.

I don't know if it would actually work in the NFL but I wonder if the Packers might be able to spread teams out at the goaline and rund a Lacy draw play. Seems like they have the perfect personnel to test defenses in that way with several legit options.

Buffaloes said:
Beerguzzler said:
Didn't SF D lose a few key contributors this offseason, including a DT?

I think they'll feed him and hope to put an end to that streak without a 100 yard rusher right away. Not sure it will work, but I bet that they'll feed him and try.

I wouldn't hold my breath for his value this week but if you are ever going to catch the SF D flat-footed it would be during week 1 of the regular season.

On my bench for Vereen as RB2. Starting Miles Austin over him in the flex spot as well. I could see a stat line of 63/0
Playing him over both of them...non-ppr.

Just think McCarthy sees that he had something going pretty well with Harris that he got away from in that playoff game before the game was out of hand.

I wouldn't hold my breath for his value this week but if you are ever going to catch the SF D flat-footed it would be during week 1 of the regular season.
I don't think any NFL players are going to be flat footed for the first game of the season. There is no lack of want in these guys. They will be chomping at the bit, especially after all the off-season chatter. These players are going to be jacked up. If anything, take advantage of that and try to get Jordy to get a defender to bite on a double move on the first drive for a long TD pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think any NFL players are going to be flat footed for the first game of the season. There is no lack of want in these guys. They will be chomping at the bit, especially after all the off-season chatter. These players are going to be jacked up. If anything, take advantage of that and try to get Jordy to get a defender to bite on a double move on the first drive for a long TD pass.
Meh. The first few weeks is when you will typically see the aberrations show up (Kevin Ogletree and the like). The SF D is stacked and I wouldn't hold my breath for any RB to have a great game against them, but if it's going to happen this is the week.

Beerguzzler said:
werdnoynek said:
Buffaloes said:
Beerguzzler said:
This is the question that needs asking... and as a Packer homer, the potential answer scares me.

We'll see... it's going to be one hell of a welcome to the league for Bakhtiari.
That's kind of the point. Bruising RB's wear down defenses. If they are going all out to get to Rodgers, then they have to deal stopping that monster, they are going to get gassed. Especially if it's an undersized nickel front.
the Niners don't use an undersized nickle front

The guy isn't coming off the field. Hope they give him a breather, but he looks the part. More than I could say for Lamar Miller, whom I started over the big fella :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
If imagine they are sending the message that its unacceptable and that he will be back in the second half.

I can't I shine a guy that they view as an every down back (and the game plan was trending that way) will not factor back in at some point.

I can understand benching him for a series. I can't understand benching him for the rest of the half while trotting John Kuhn out there in the no huddle who brings nothing to the table.

I thought Lacy looked good. Good protection and he's a threat in the passing game. He's gonna have some monster games this season.

Watched the entire game and overall, especially considering he was probably going against the best D in the NFL, Im pretty impressed. Im not concerned about the fumble as much considering it happened with 2-3 guys holding him back and then someone came in a stripped him, also probably lesson learned. On the last couple drives Lacy was actually getting fed the ball, seemed like he was getting 3-6yds every carry and then the TD which I believe is the first rushing TD the Harbaugh 9ers have given up in a looong time. He is going to have big games against even above average defenses with this offense.

Lacy: 15 touches, 72 yds, 1 TD

Gore: 23 touches, 65 yds, 1 TD

Dont see how anyone who was buying into Lacy could be disappointed with what he showed today.

Watched the entire game and overall, especially considering he was probably going against the best D in the NFL, Im pretty impressed. Im not concerned about the fumble as much considering it happened with 2-3 guys holding him back and then someone came in a stripped him, also probably lesson learned. On the last couple drives Lacy was actually getting fed the ball, seemed like he was getting 3-6yds every carry and then the TD which I believe is the first rushing TD the Harbaugh 9ers have given up in a looong time. He is going to have big games against even above average defenses with this offense.

Lacy: 15 touches, 72 yds, 1 TD

Gore: 23 touches, 65 yds, 1 TD

Dont see how anyone who was buying into Lacy could be disappointed with what he showed today.
Agree. Also had a decent run called back. It appears the packers are willing to use him enough to wear down teams and I think it will show later in games, especially when the packers are winning the games and running clock. I can see lacy being a fairly routine16/80/ a td here and there.

Disinterested observer: Viking fan who doesn't own him in any fantasy league. I thought he looked good. He clearly is the guy the coaches want to be "the guy." And he ran with good aggression and speed.

Encouraging too that he was in there late...and they gave him the ball several times in the redzone after the Nelson catch including the GL run for the TD.

If the draft were held today, he'd be a 5 RB, behind only Peterson, Foster, and Martin. Baring injury, today might be his floor. In the event of injury, would it be a committee of Starks/Kuhn?

If the draft were held today, he'd be a 5 RB, behind only Peterson, Foster, and Martin. Baring injury, today might be his floor. In the event of injury, would it be a committee of Starks/Kuhn?
Slow down with the top 5 talk there chief

Users who are viewing this thread