What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (3 Viewers)

WheelsUp said:
OK, Morris doesnt look any better than Lacy and some are wanting to make him a must grab god. The way we need to look at things isnt always about the name of player, but the position they hold. Lacy has never had a legit shot this year, look at it. 6 carries behind a god awful OLine last week, maybe the worst in the league? We know Rawls was also good, but now he gets 6 carries for -1 last week or JDM had 4 carries for 6 yards? If you are telling me and all god left tackle doesnt help this mess, you have not been paying attention to why they are paid what they are paid.

Coaches need to pick a guy, check.
Team needs a better oline, check.

The other thing that bothers me is some are saying "nah, he looks like he is running in quick sand." OK, but what else is out there who you know is going to be given that many carries? One thing this site will never lack is people who give the emotional responses. How many other almost workhorse backs are left on the wire? Bye weeks, injuries and suspensions, you can mock him all you want...but he has value now if he is getting 15-20 carries.

5-3
11-52
9-19
11-34
6-0

42 carries this year, are we really going to pretend thats the number of carries Lacy needs to be effective? No give it to him and let him wear a D down. Run behind Brown, run over one defender and get your 4-5 yards, and the team is happy. Problem is, they didnt have one OLineman they could even run behind, now they at least have Brown. We are all gonna sit her and act like we know football but are going to pretend an all world LT doesnt make a huge difference? No one expects a RB1, but many fantasy teams can use a RB3.
"Huge" is a subjective term I suppose, but I don't expect Brown to make a huge difference in the Seahawks' run game.

Why is Carroll saying they will ride Lacy this week?  Is Rawls hurt again?  I just don't get it.  It's not like he's been playing well
I agree but they need to just pick one for a game and give them all the running down opportunities and see what happens.  Their left tackle was a turnstyle last game and backs were litterally getting hit as soon as they got the ball in the backfield...

Why is Carroll saying they will ride Lacy this week?  Is Rawls hurt again?  I just don't get it.  It's not like he's been playing well
The definition of insanity and all that. What they've been doing hasn't worked at all, so they're trying something different (although I'm not expecting much better results).

I think Carroll is doing this for a Prove-IT moment for Lacy. He'll have starters reps, and get treated like the #1 back so if he bombs now, he'll have recourse to get rid of him. If he succeeds, hey you have a starting RB now. The best RB on the roster right now IMHO is C.J. Prosise, but he can't stay healthy.

Wonder what Caroll will do if Lacy goes 15-50 and nothing gets proven one way or another.

Either way it’s good to see a coach change a plan that isn’t working and try something else. Take note, Del Rio - please.

Here we go again, from Rotoworld:

Eddie Lacy (groin) resumed practicing on Thursday, and is expected to return for Week 11.

For seemingly the 100th time this season, it returns the Seahawks' backfield to Square 1. Thomas Rawls showed very little during Lacy's shortened Week 9 and absent Week 10, so it's quite possible Lacy gets another shot at lead duties. More likely is that the duo is again in a near-even rotation on early downs. Neither player is a viable RB3 for Week 11.

Source: Liz Mathews on Twitter

Nov 16 - 3:52 PM

So when to we expect the latest P 90 X videos for FAT (not PHAT) Eddie Lacy? Can't wait for the annual statement that he is re-dedicating himself to the game, will be in shape, blah, blah, blah....and all the people on the board jumping on the bandwagon AGAIN.. :lmao: . Some pics of him sucking in his gut, working out in the pool, etc...I think we have seen this before. 

This guy will go down in history as one of the biggest wastes of talent ever. All he had to do was stay away from the buffet.

Eddie this might be your last chance..time to go all in an get some endorsement deals before you fame is totally gone...maybe panda express, hometown, cracker barrel, golden corral, fat burger...grab some cash while you can. "Hi I'm Phat Eddie Lacy..and when I'm getting in shape for the next NFL season nothing helps me get in shape faster then the orange chicken here at Panda Express.."

This is a public service announcement. Don't be fooled a third time guys....

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for that big twitter post of him working out with P90X, doing some jazercise or maybe signing up for curves.....He is probably still in a food comma at Home Town and has not made this new years resolution yet. 

Still waiting for that big twitter post of him working out with P90X, doing some jazercise or maybe signing up for curves.....He is probably still in a food comma at Home Town and has not made this new years resolution yet. 
Wait I found him, in the back row in the blue. Go Eddie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRscYVvEFt8

He looks so skinny, gotta put him on my STEAL list for next year... :rolleyes:

If the Seahawks had never signed Lacy, they might not have let Alex Collins go. Signing him and giving him a roster spot was a Hackenberg-level mistake. 

Users who are viewing this thread